Options

Netflix Documentary: The Greatest Night in Pop

Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
edited February 6 in Other Music
New Netflix doc about the making of We Are The World.... 

I watched last night, it was pretty awesome to see how it all came together. The only downside is I don't see the song getting out of my head anytime soon. 

https://www.netflix.com/title/81720500
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    Watched it a few nights ago and it was pretty amazing.   I got it out of my head because last night I watch the Milli Vanilli documentary on paramount+.   Now I have Girl you know it's true stuck in my head.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Zod said:
    Watched it a few nights ago and it was pretty amazing.   I got it out of my head because last night I watch the Milli Vanilli documentary on paramount+.   Now I have Girl you know it's true stuck in my head.
    I wish they could make these documentaries without the music.  :D 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    edited February 7
    Speaking as a child of the eighties, it gave me a greater appreciation for a song i used to think was pretty cheesy. its incredible that they were able to pull this off in such short time, with so many stars and egos.  Also,  after watching the documentary, i respect the song even more.  The themes still ring true 40 yrs later.
    Post edited by mr bungle on
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Zod said:
    Same here. I drove my wife nuts singing that and blame it on the rain all weekend. 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    New Netflix doc about the making of We Are The World.... 

I watched last night, it was pretty awesome to see how it all came together. The only downside is I don't see the song getting out of my head anytime soon. 

https://www.netflix.com/title/81720500

Sound interesting, I'll have to try to check it out sometime.
    Earworms, lol.  The only cure I know us is to pick a song you really like and don't mind having stuck in your head, and listen to it a few or more times in a row.  I've also heard listening to Metal Machine Music really loudly works and have not/will not try that one. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    hihobibo said:
    Zod said:
    Same here. I drove my wife nuts singing that and blame it on the rain all weekend. 

Enjoy Blame it on the Rain  rseinfeld
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II