Band of Horses

24

Comments

  • derbydave said:
    SWEET!!!
    I've got a copy of the original pressing.
    now I have to figure out...
    do I REALLY need this on white vinyl?? :pensive:
    Talk with the Art Director of the original package, and ask what color he designed the album for. Than go with what he says.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 11,254
    LukinFan said:
    Dave, I think the answer is always, yes
    You are CORRECT sir!!! :rofl:

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '20: Nashville / St. Louis

    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,211
    Got shipping notification from Newbury already :rock_on:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 10,405
    redraw said:
    Got shipping notification from Newbury already :rock_on:

    We love Newbury! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,752
    derbydave said:







    Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the Acoustic At The Ryman album,
    and the band announced a re-issue of this fantastic album!!
    You can pick up a copy here:
    https://shop.bandofhorses.com/products/acoustic-at-the-ryman-lp
    Thanks for the recommendation. First time I've really checked out Band of Horses and I cant stop listening to this album. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 11,254
    tino_11 said:
    derbydave said:







    Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the Acoustic At The Ryman album,
    and the band announced a re-issue of this fantastic album!!
    You can pick up a copy here:
    https://shop.bandofhorses.com/products/acoustic-at-the-ryman-lp
    Thanks for the recommendation. First time I've really checked out Band of Horses and I cant stop listening to this album. 
    Hey Marek!!
    Acoustic At The Ryman is one of my all time favorite albums.
    I was fortunate enough to be there for both nights...
    and those shows are still in my Top 5 shows ever.
    I even went back to Nashville the following year when they closed out the tour supporting the album at The Ryman,
    Check out their studio records when you get a chance!!
    Hope you're doing well and sorry we didn't get to meet up in London last year.

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '20: Nashville / St. Louis

    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,530
    edited March 2019
    Does anyone know if EV played a song with them at Innings Fest? Also, three “unknown” songs lists on the setlist. New songs??
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 7,054
    He did not play with them. I think there was only one song I couldn’t name and I’m no historian. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:
    He did not play with them. I think there was only one song I couldn’t name and I’m no historian. 
    Thanks 
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,752
    derbydave said:
    tino_11 said:
    derbydave said:







    Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the Acoustic At The Ryman album,
    and the band announced a re-issue of this fantastic album!!
    You can pick up a copy here:
    https://shop.bandofhorses.com/products/acoustic-at-the-ryman-lp
    Thanks for the recommendation. First time I've really checked out Band of Horses and I cant stop listening to this album. 
    Hey Marek!!
    Acoustic At The Ryman is one of my all time favorite albums.
    I was fortunate enough to be there for both nights...
    and those shows are still in my Top 5 shows ever.
    I even went back to Nashville the following year when they closed out the tour supporting the album at The Ryman,
    Check out their studio records when you get a chance!!
    Hope you're doing well and sorry we didn't get to meet up in London last year.
    Wow, it must have been amazing to see those shows live.

    I'm still enjoying the live album and have moved on to Cease to Begin (which is also great!). I can't believe I've not picked up on them before but it's great to have found a band to get in to.

    Yeah, I hope you still had a great time in London despite the second night being cancelled.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 11,254
    tino_11 said:
    derbydave said:
    tino_11 said:
    derbydave said:







    Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of the Acoustic At The Ryman album,
    and the band announced a re-issue of this fantastic album!!
    You can pick up a copy here:
    https://shop.bandofhorses.com/products/acoustic-at-the-ryman-lp
    Thanks for the recommendation. First time I've really checked out Band of Horses and I cant stop listening to this album. 
    Hey Marek!!
    Acoustic At The Ryman is one of my all time favorite albums.
    I was fortunate enough to be there for both nights...
    and those shows are still in my Top 5 shows ever.
    I even went back to Nashville the following year when they closed out the tour supporting the album at The Ryman,
    Check out their studio records when you get a chance!!
    Hope you're doing well and sorry we didn't get to meet up in London last year.
    Wow, it must have been amazing to see those shows live.

    I'm still enjoying the live album and have moved on to Cease to Begin (which is also great!). I can't believe I've not picked up on them before but it's great to have found a band to get in to.

    Yeah, I hope you still had a great time in London despite the second night being cancelled.
    Glad you are getting into Band Of Horses...
    they really are INCREDIBLE live & I'm still in awe of what I saw at The Ryman back in 2013!!
    Had a total blast in London...
    we got to see Mogwai at Royal Festival Hall while we were there,
    so that kind of made up for missing the 2nd PJ show!!

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '20: Nashville / St. Louis

    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,751
    I really hope we get some new album news soon
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USAPosts: 21,886
    Best 1 -2 punch. BRAD opening for Band of Horses at the Pageant in STL. Met the fellas' in BRAD after their in-store at Vintage Vinyl. Was there early to shop for some vinyl when I looked up and Stone Gossard was across from me thumbing through the stacks. "Uh, hi Stone, big fan". I wanted to nerd on him and say, remember when I met you in Margaret River back in 03' and we sat at the bar and talked about Riot Act, Welcome To Discovery Park for a few hours? Haha!! :heart: When Band of Horses played at the Blue Note here in Columbia 8-9 years ago, I saw the dudes walking downtown as I was driving home from work. That was one of my all time favorite shows. Small club, promoting 'Infinite Arms'. Sigh.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 11,254
    Best 1 -2 punch. BRAD opening for Band of Horses at the Pageant in STL. Met the fellas' in BRAD after their in-store at Vintage Vinyl. Was there early to shop for some vinyl when I looked up and Stone Gossard was across from me thumbing through the stacks. "Uh, hi Stone, big fan". I wanted to nerd on him and say, remember when I met you in Margaret River back in 03' and we sat at the bar and talked about Riot Act, Welcome To Discovery Park for a few hours? Haha!! :heart: When Band of Horses played at the Blue Note here in Columbia 8-9 years ago, I saw the dudes walking downtown as I was driving home from work. That was one of my all time favorite shows. Small club, promoting 'Infinite Arms'. Sigh.
    I saw both of those tours...
    BRAD & BOH here in Columbus & the BOH Infinite Arms show was in Louisville!!
    GREAT shows. 

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '20: Nashville / St. Louis

    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • New record from Tyler Ramsey out today. Sounds good on first listen.
    It includes a new version of one of my favorite BOH songs ... now called  " Evening Country "



    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013 Brooklyn ,Philadelphia
    2014 Milan Leeds Milton Keynes 2018 London 1 Lisbon 2022 London 1+ 2, Krakow
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,508
    New record from Tyler Ramsey out today. Sounds good on first listen.
    It includes a new version of one of my favorite BOH songs ... now called  " Evening Country "



    This is great!  Thanks for posting here.  I didn’t know he was releasing a new album.  I’m searching for the BOH version now, but I can’t remember the original title.  What is it?
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,508
    mvw said:
    New record from Tyler Ramsey out today. Sounds good on first listen.
    It includes a new version of one of my favorite BOH songs ... now called  " Evening Country "



    This is great!  Thanks for posting here.  I didn’t know he was releasing a new album.  I’m searching for the BOH version now, but I can’t remember the original title.  What is it?
    I found it!  Evening Kitchen!!!  I forgot how much I loved this song.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 11,254
    mvw said:
    mvw said:
    New record from Tyler Ramsey out today. Sounds good on first listen.
    It includes a new version of one of my favorite BOH songs ... now called  " Evening Country "



    This is great!  Thanks for posting here.  I didn’t know he was releasing a new album.  I’m searching for the BOH version now, but I can’t remember the original title.  What is it?
    I found it!  Evening Kitchen!!!  I forgot how much I loved this song.
    GREAT song...got to hear that one & several more from his new album a few weeks ago here in Columbus!
    Tyler was on tour with Carl Broemel from My Morning Jacket and the show was just INCREDIBLE. 
    If you get a chance to see Tyler on his upcoming US Tour...don't miss it!!


    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '20: Nashville / St. Louis

    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,508
    👍🏻


  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,751
    mvw said:
    mvw said:
    New record from Tyler Ramsey out today. Sounds good on first listen.
    It includes a new version of one of my favorite BOH songs ... now called  " Evening Country "



    This is great!  Thanks for posting here.  I didn’t know he was releasing a new album.  I’m searching for the BOH version now, but I can’t remember the original title.  What is it?
    I found it!  Evening Kitchen!!!  I forgot how much I loved this song.
    My favorite BoH song 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,751
    Ben posted last Friday on IG that the album is completely done! Hopefully we get a release date soon. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 7,054
    that's good to hear.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Good news. Why are u ok doesn’t feel that long ago 
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 10,405
    Come on, Cleveland! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • I’m not on IG. Can someone post what he wrote? Thanks 
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 10,405
    I only recently did IG for the Gigaton announcement. Here you go:

    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USAPosts: 21,886
    Revisiting Mirage Rock this morning. A great record! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USAPosts: 21,886
    How To Live - that's got Glyn John's signature style on those vocal harmonies. Wish they would have leaned into that style a bit more consistently in the record. There are a few on it that seem out of place, like they tried to keep their early signature sound incorporated into the album. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,751
    How To Live - that's got Glyn John's signature style on those vocal harmonies. Wish they would have leaned into that style a bit more consistently in the record. There are a few on it that seem out of place, like they tried to keep their early signature sound incorporated into the album. 
    So true! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,059
    New album vinyl has been delayed by 2 months. Disappointing, probably the album Ive been most looking forward to.
Sign In or Register to comment.