Zack De La Rocha continues to call for revolution

1235»

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    hippiemom wrote:
    You'd have been disappointed if you had been there. My daughter just got home from New York ... she said RATM was great, the only disappointing thing was the near-total lack of response from the audience to Zack's political talk. Everyone was like, "Yeah, yeah, whatever .... play some more music."

i thought it was a BRILLIANT show, i was there and had a total BLAST! :cool:
    honestly, i am not at ALL surprised at the non-response....although honestly, that is not completely true either. lots of people cheered and such, just perhaps not with the expected fervor. anyhoo....it was a rock the bells gig, a hip-hop show...with rage headlining. mr. dream and i went with the SOLE purpose of seeing rage live, but i think most there went for the whole experience, and honestly...it seems MANY were not huge rage fans. so it's unsurprising to me.

beyond that, whether one agrees politically with zack or not.....for many, imho anyway....much of what he said was over-the-top. as much as i can agree with his thoughts, utter disgust with our administration, etc...i don't exactly agree with his ideas for changing that. i am all for change, but i am for non-violence...and yes, i am not one for suggesting hanging, or any true violence at all. for me, it goes against my beliefs and if i think the government is wrong for the choices made, i think reacting with violence in kind is not the approach i would suggest.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• To be honest if you sit listening to Rage Against The Machine and take no notice of the message it sends you are missing out on 90% of the whole band. Zach couldn't be more right about anything.

Don't turn away, get in front of it!
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Zack should shut the fuck up,the guy is a clown of the highest order.
  • suntzu98suntzu98 Posts: 100
    If you take your polictical/ideology views from a lead singer of a now defunk irrelavant thrash band, maybe then Bush isn't the problem maybe you are. I always love millionaires bitching about a country that allows them to make millions upon millions of doallrs, kind of ironic. Hey Zack hate it so much join the reformers in Venezuala and take on a real dictator in Hugo Chavez after all he did shut down a television studio for reporting news he didn't agree with.
    Philly '98 '00 (1 & 2) '03 '06 (1 & 2) '08 (1 & 2)
    East Rutherford '98
    Merriweather '98
    Gorge '05
    Vancouver '05
    Los Angeles I,II '06
    Santa Barbara '06
    Fonda Theater '06
  • suntzu98 wrote:
    If you take your polictical/ideology views from a lead singer of a now defunk irrelavant thrash band, maybe then Bush isn't the problem maybe you are. I always love millionaires bitching about a country that allows them to make millions upon millions of doallrs, kind of ironic. Hey Zack hate it so much join the reformers in Venezuala and take on a real dictator in Hugo Chavez after all he did shut down a television studio for reporting news he didn't agree with.

It doesn't make an ounce of difference where you get your idealogoies from, thats like saying "Christians are idiots because they get their religion from a dead guy with a beard" Even the most stupid person can come out with a clever comment, in the same way an intellectual person can say something stupid.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c