My Chemical Romance

13»

Comments

• baaaaahh!
    The reasons you have presented in this thread and countless others make you a sheep.
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    My Chemical Romance right now are kind of like a curious mix of the angst which Eddie and Kurt were singing about and the MTV friendly crap which used to be the job of NSYNC and The Backstreet Boys.It's quite clever really,they're just rocky enough for pop fans to like and just poppy enough for rock fans.
    Personally I think the new album's quite enjoyable,they get scapegoated by most rock fans as being everything that's terrible about Emo but I think that honour should be reserved for trash like Panic at the Disco,at least MCR aren't as pretentious as those guys.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if pearl jam was filet mignon, then my chemical romance is mcdonalds. its for the most part shit, but alot of people like it so what are you gonna do about it?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    if pearl jam was filet mignon, then my chemical romance is mcdonalds. its for the most part shit, but alot of people like it so what are you gonna do about it?

Shake your head and mutter "damn kids".
    But seriously, MCR is most definitely not the savior of rock. I actually think they stink, but that's my opinion, it's just another popular pop-rock band I guess.
    And to the posters who think staying in tune with today's music means eating up all the crappy acts, I guess I disagree. There are some great bands putting out music today, MCR isn't one of them.
    It's all a matter of looking for the music you like, not waiting for it to be delivered home. In 91 there was no internet to discover new bands, today in very limited time people around the world can share their favorite bands with me.