My Chemical Romance

Comments

• IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    You guys are so freakin' PC...MCR suck ass hard. They can't touch the bands of the 1990's grunge era...nor can they touch bands like the Smiths, REM, U2 from the 1980's...and they can't touch bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Beatles....it has nothing to do with generational trends and everything to do with quality. Even today, there's great bands like My Morning Jacket, Interpol, Queens of the Stone Age to listen to. I dont claim MCR suck because I "dont get it" or because i'm some bitter old man (i'm 26)..I say they suck because they indeed suck. So yeah whatever, try to convince yourself they are ok because you want kids to think you're cool too. Kids today are by and large completely misguided when it comes to music and you all know it.
  • Igottago wrote:
    You guys are so freakin' PC...MCR suck ass hard. They can't touch the bands of the 1990's grunge era...nor can they touch bands like the Smiths, REM, U2 from the 1980's...and they can't touch bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Beatles....it has nothing to do with generational trends and everything to do with quality. Even today, there's great bands like My Morning Jacket, Interpol, Queens of the Stone Age to listen to. I dont claim MCR suck because I "dont get it" or because i'm some bitter old man (i'm 26)..I say they suck because they indeed suck. So yeah whatever, try to convince yourself they are ok because you want kids to think you're cool too. Kids today are by and large completely misguided when it comes to music and you all know it.

Maybe we're misguided? Who's to say?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Maybe we're misguided? Who's to say?

Yeah maybe....in some strange alternative reality bizarro world, My Chemical Romance are probably a great band..in this world though, they are garbage.
  • Igottago wrote:
    Yeah maybe....in some strange alternative reality bizarro world, My Chemical Romance are probably a great band..in this world though, they are garbage.

You're just saying that cos you're misguided.:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Igottago wrote:
    i don't necessarily see it like you do.... even though i hate mcr with a passion. i'd probably rather die than listen to them for the rest of my life, if i had to.

i think these "kids", (by kids i'm assuming 15-19 yo's) have every right to think they're a great band, as great as pearl jam or whatever. but damn i still thought your post was funny.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Igottago wrote:

Fuck dude, sounds like you have all the answers.
    I thought musioc was supposed to be fun, and about what you like, yet here you are, wanting to correct the wayward thinking of teh misguided youth of today.
    Fuck, I'm glad you're not in charge of my life !!!!!

BTW, QOTSA are fucking shithouse !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Fuck dude, sounds like you have all the answers.
    I thought musioc was supposed to be fun, and about what you like, yet here you are, wanting to correct the wayward thinking of teh misguided youth of today.
    Fuck, I'm glad you're not in charge of my life !!!!!

BTW, QOTSA are fucking shithouse !!
    is "fucking shithouse" a bad thing or a good thing? :o
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    boroff89 wrote:
    This is precisely the shit I was referencing in my post. Could we have a less intelligent post? Can you even define "emo?" As it is essentially a media construction (as was grunge), I am guessing not. The bands that get tagged as EMO (a label none of the bands actually accept) have about as much in common musically as Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc. did. Look, when a band/artist inspires as many people as My Chemical Romance does, they can't be all that bad. For whatever reason, they don't connect with you. So many people on this board are stuck in the music of about a five-year period in the early 90s, and music that heads in other directions is shit. I can't stand that attitude, but if that's the only music that inspires you, so be it. Rock in this decade has gone in a variety of new directions. Many of those directions are far more desirable than the rock of the late 90s-early 00s (Creed, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock). One of those directions is what I think of as post-punk. That is a much more meaningful and accurate term than EMO to describe a variety of bands, including MCR, Thursday, Thrice, Jimmy Eat World, Dashboard Confessional. If you actually take a step back and throw aside your previous conceptions about what "good" music is, I think you can find a lot of value and good music in the world of post-punk.

i don't much care for many emo bands, but i 100% agree with this post.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    boroff89 wrote:
    lol As I always do when these ridiculous EMO comments come up, I bring up the blues, the foundation of all rock. Thematically, blues songs are no different than the music that gets labeled as EMO by those on this board. For that matter, let's throw in quite a bit of Pearl Jam's catalogue into that mess. People tend to write music about the shit they are going through. It's just the nature of humanity and of music. Now go away and listen to the only good Oasis song, Talk Tonight. Burn the rest of their stuff, as it is unoriginal, uninspiring, and in the grand scheme of things, meaningless.

Some bands go about it a better way than making stupid little pop punk songs, whiny vocals coming from a vocalist with a terrible voice and wearing women's makeup and jeans.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Some bands go about it a better way than making stupid little pop punk songs, whiny vocals coming from a vocalist with a terrible voice and wearing women's makeup and jeans.

Ah, so you are the holder of the magical "right way" of going about making music. Such power! Where did you acquire it?

I take it you'd also be anti-David Bowie?
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Why do I even bother coming into these threads??

I enjoy My Chemical Romance and no, they do not 'suck'

Then again, in my mind no music can really 'suck' People like different things, have different tastes. And if you can't stop and realize that something that you don't like can be important to someone else, well I'm sorry, but you are pretty closed minded.

Not saying anyone has to like them, but at least respect the fact that others do, thats all.
    is "fucking shithouse" a bad thing or a good thing? :o

Depends whether you like em or not I suppose. Actually , I don't really give a rats, saw one clip on telly once, didn't do much for me, and I get the feeling Josh Homme is a pig. I was really just expressing an opposing opinion for the purpose of illustrating that music is a personal thing. The idea that this guy knows what is right for the misguided kids who like MCR was like an earful of pigshit to me.
    Sounds very totalitarian to me !!! Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Why do I even bother coming into these threads??

I enjoy My Chemical Romance and no, they do not 'suck'

Then again, in my mind no music can really 'suck' People like different things, have different tastes. And if you can't stop and realize that something that you don't like can be important to someone else, well I'm sorry, but you are pretty closed minded.

Not saying anyone has to like them, but at least respect the fact that others do, thats all.

There is good and bad taste though, liking them is in bad taste
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

boroff89 wrote:
    Ah, so you are the holder of the magical "right way" of going about making music. Such power! Where did you acquire it?

I take it you'd also be anti-David Bowie?

David Bowie made some great music, not the pretentious crap that those fags are making
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

David Bowie made some great music, not the pretentious crap that those fags are making

Haha! Keep digging yourself deeper. Bowie wore women's clothes and makeup. He a "fag" too? And pretentious? How can "pop punk," as you call it, be pretentious? Seriously, you need to find some perspective. Somewhere. Somehow. Please.
    boroff89 wrote:
    Haha! Keep digging yourself deeper. Bowie wore women's clothes and makeup. He a "fag" too? And pretentious? How can "pop punk," as you call it, be pretentious? Seriously, you need to find some perspective. Somewhere. Somehow. Please.

Obviously you dont have any perspective listening to nonsense like that
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Obviously you dont have any perspective listening to nonsense like that

Again, who gave you the power? Based on your comments on this thread and on past threads, I don't think anyone here would have given it to you. I don't think anyone here wants you speaking for them or assuming the role of musical dictator. Everything you say is unintelligent and poorly argued. You repeatedly confuse opinion with fact. Just do yourself a favor and stay off of these threads unless you actually have something thoughtful to say. If you don't like the music, cool. Explain why at a level above that of a pissed-off 6th grader.
    boroff89 wrote:
    Again, who gave you the power? Based on your comments on this thread and on past threads, I don't think anyone here would have given it to you. I don't think anyone here wants you speaking for them or assuming the role of musical dictator. Everything you say is unintelligent and poorly argued. You repeatedly confuse opinion with fact. Just do yourself a favor and stay off of these threads unless you actually have something thoughtful to say. If you don't like the music, cool. Explain why at a level above that of a pissed-off 6th grader.

All I need to explain is that it sounds like shit but idiots like you cannot understand that.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

All I need to explain is that it sounds like shit but idiots like you cannot understand that.

Yeah, that's going to get you published in Spin. That's going to earn you a passing mark on a persuasive essay. So let's keep trying. Based on your arguments here, there is one right answer to what good music is, and therefore, everyone should like all of the same bands. Is that your take? There should be no diversity in taste? We should all connect to exactly the same things in exactly the same way? And if anyone feels differently, we should shit on them and alienate them? Maybe fence them in somewhere where they can be with their kind?
    boroff89 wrote:
    Yeah, that's going to get you published in Spin. That's going to earn you a passing mark on a persuasive essay. So let's keep trying. Based on your arguments here, there is one right answer to what good music is, and therefore, everyone should like all of the same bands. Is that your take? There should be no diversity in taste? We should all connect to exactly the same things in exactly the same way? And if anyone feels differently, we should shit on them and alienate them? Maybe fence them in somewhere where they can be with their kind?

Give it a rest already, no point in writing a full paragraph on an argument that you are clearly not gonna win, look at all the negativity from Pearl Jam fans towards this band, clearly a majority of people do not like them on this forum.........we all have the right to bash the hell out of them too. Go listen to their music and slit your wrists rather than wasting your time with telling people that they cannot like them without explaining themselves in some way that hasnt been done a billion times on this forum already.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Give it a rest already, no point in writing a full paragraph on an argument that you are clearly not gonna win, look at all the negativity from Pearl Jam fans towards this band, clearly a majority of people do not like them on this forum.........we all have the right to bash the hell out of them too. Go listen to their music and slit your wrists rather than wasting your time with telling people that they cannot like them without explaining themselves in some way that hasnt been done a billion times on this forum already.

Actually, I probably won this argument the second you referred to the "EMO" musicians as "fags." As for what the majority of people on this board think, I am sure I could find any number of majority opinions here that I disagree with (especially since many of the intelligent, dissenting voices on this board left because of posters like you and the 50 Audioslave threads a day). And if you want to take the time to bash bands in an unintelligent fashion, then I reserve the right to call you on it. I actually like to think for myself. I form my opinions. Being a sheep doesn't work for me.
  • why do people take music so seriously?

Mate you have no credibility based on teh "oasis rule" part of your tag.
    Now they were pretentious crappers !!
    BTW, teh Spin journo might have actually based his article on whaat kids were actually saying , rather than on his opinion.
  • My friend is 29, a part time musician and he is a fan of MCR.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    I actually like to think for myself. I form my opinions. Being a sheep doesn't work for me.

Good post :)
  • Not a fan of MCR at all. I have never and will never think of them as any kind of music/rock saviors.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
    Depends whether you like em or not I suppose. Actually , I don't really give a rats, saw one clip on telly once, didn't do much for me, and I get the feeling Josh Homme is a pig. I was really just expressing an opposing opinion for the purpose of illustrating that music is a personal thing. The idea that this guy knows what is right for the misguided kids who like MCR was like an earful of pigshit to me.
    Sounds very totalitarian to me !!! Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.
  • Igottago wrote:
    When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.
    you mean, "when i want your opinion, i'll ask you for it." ;)

sorry, i just got an email that said someone responded to a thread you subscribed to.... so i opened it and i read it and it didn't make sense. so i thought i'd reply :D
  • *broken record*
    Jesus Christ, dude. Shut the fuck up. Stop concerning yourself with what we choose to listen to. Go piss off and listen to your oasis records while you bitch and whine about those fagoty emo kids with your ‘manly’ friends who are so insecure with themselves they find the need to try to make themselves feel more masculine by taking shots at someone’s musical preferences of all things. I’d be careful about who you go around calling faggots.
    boroff89 wrote:
    Actually, I probably won this argument the second you referred to the "EMO" musicians as "fags." As for what the majority of people on this board think, I am sure I could find any number of majority opinions here that I disagree with (especially since many of the intelligent, dissenting voices on this board left because of posters like you and the 50 Audioslave threads a day). And if you want to take the time to bash bands in an unintelligent fashion, then I reserve the right to call you on it. I actually like to think for myself. I form my opinions. Being a sheep doesn't work for me.

So not liking MCR makes me a sheep? That makes tons of sense I guess. Even though Oasis is hated by many Americans, they are still one of my favorite bands, I guess that makes me a sheep as well. In fact, I guess I am a sheep because at least one person in this world agrees with just about everything that I think. Damn, get a clue before you start talking complete and utter bullshit.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006