R.E.M. 2008 North American Tour‏

Comments

• i wish they would do a gig somewhere in Canada between Vancouver & Toronto for all of us R.E.M. fans on the prairies. i saw them is Calgary in 2004 so i really can't complain. **contemplates airfare + hotel in Vancouver**
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    i wish they would do a gig somewhere in Canada between Vancouver & Toronto for all of us R.E.M. fans on the prairies. i saw them is Calgary in 2004 so i really can't complain. **contemplates airfare + hotel in Vancouver**

I'd like to echo this statement. I would love to see this triple bill but, unfortunately all the dates are too far away.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i wish they would do a gig somewhere in Canada between Vancouver & Toronto for all of us R.E.M. fans on the prairies. i saw them is Calgary in 2004 so i really can't complain. **contemplates airfare + hotel in Vancouver**

i work at the marriott, i can get you friends and family rate if you do decide to come....prolly like 70-90$/night.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Can't wait to see REM, a little bummed they're skipping San Diego but luckily I'll get a chance to see them in LA

Weird thing is when I went to the Hollywood Bowl's web site, they have another event in the calendar for the 29th...

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/calendar.cfm

Wondering if I'm missing something here...
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    Not many dates down south...

maybe a co-headling summer/fall tour with a certain other band that hasn't ventured down south...
  • When do tix go on sale?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Can't wait to see REM, a little bummed they're skipping San Diego but luckily I'll get a chance to see them in LA

Weird thing is when I went to the Hollywood Bowl's web site, they have another event in the calendar for the 29th...

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/calendar.cfm

Wondering if I'm missing something here...

thats an event at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (hence the "W")....run by the same organization.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I have a funny feeling they will be playing the Sasquatch festival since they'll be in Vancouver soon before and no other dates scheduled that weekend.

Does their fanclub offer ticketing? I've never used it for tickets.

Definitely going to be at Sasquatch..

Huge Memorial weekend gap...and lets see...what's a big place...between Vancouver and L.A... that would have something going on memorial weekend...hmm.

especially considering Modest Mouse and REM have Seattle linkage.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Well,

I've seen every one of my favorite bands EXCEPT R.E.M, and it looks like it aint happenin' this year either. I doubt they'll do a 2nd NA leg. Not because I'm a pessimist, but because R.E.M. isn't the type of band to do long, drawn out tours anymore.

What really pisses me off is that I've had 5 chances to see them, and it was my fault that I didn't go the first time ( I 'm not crazy about Monster, and didn't really want to go to that tour.---If I only knew then what I know now). But it was the bumbling incompetance of others that caused me to miss the other 4.

~~wimper~~
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • This is great! I really hope I can catch them here in Philly!!
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    SWEET! The Greek Theatre, eh? Can't wait! :D
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Damn! Wish I could go to the Greek show in Berkeley! My favorite freakin venue!! I guess I'll go to the TBA show in NYC. Something's better than nothing.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I hope they will make a european tour. any rumour ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • i work at the marriott, i can get you friends and family rate if you do decide to come....prolly like 70-90$/night.

thanx a lot! that is awesome of you! x
  • Yeah, usually there is a pre-sale before the general sale. I think they used musictoday for the fan club the last two tours. The tix are usually good but don't expect front row or anything.

Cool, thanks - that's good to know. Glad I joined - their fanclub is pretty great for $10. Lots of mailings, stickers, Christmas single that arrives in December and on CD... :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Seeing them at the Langerado festival in March...

If I don't do Bonnaroo the weekend before, then I'll probably go to Atlanta too.

Unless R.E.M. does Bonnaroo... there are a few open dates there...

Agreed on Atlanta, but I think Bonnaroo for R.E.M. is a stretch. They're packing in the shows during the June 12-15 'Roo weekend already. The only possibility as I see it is on Sunday the 15th. That would come after consecutive nights @ Boston and Jones Beach.

However, if PJ plays Saturday night @ Bonnaroo, then R.E.M. is the perfect Sunday night closer.

Anybody got on-sale dates yet?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Has anyone here had dealings with the REM fanclub in the past? I've been in the club for a year. My membership was scheduled to expire on thursday, and I renewed today. I was waiting for paday (also thursday), but i decided I better not risk letting the membership lapse.The website posted that if you hadn't already joined it was too late to get tickets, and I haven't gotten the e-mail about the tour that other members have gotten. I'm hoping I'm not going to be shut out.
    I like bands.
  • Is it true I can't join the fan club now to get presale?
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Is it true I can't join the fan club now to get presale?

From REM's website:

(PLEASE NOTE: JOINING THE FAN CLUB AT THIS POINT DOES NOT PROVIDE EARLY ACCESS TO R.E.M. SHOWS THROUGH FAN CLUB PRE-SALES IN 2008)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Red Lukin wrote:
    From REM's website:

(PLEASE NOTE: JOINING THE FAN CLUB AT THIS POINT DOES NOT PROVIDE EARLY ACCESS TO R.E.M. SHOWS THROUGH FAN CLUB PRE-SALES IN 2008)

I renewed yesterday, and the effective date was 12/2/07 (my prior expiry date), so I hope I am eligible!
  • monster95monster95 Posts: 127
    if only PJ came to ireland as often as REM...luuuuv these 2 bands.
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    exciting to see new album and tour :) modest mouse will be a great opener.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    thats an event at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (hence the "W")....run by the same organization.
    Thanks for the info!
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Deer Lake Park, eh?

Thought they'd maybe try for T-Bird Stadium again, but perhaps that's too ambitious for them these days.

I can't find any info regarding the seating capacity of DLP. Bah.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    rockpants wrote:
    Deer Lake Park, eh?

Thought they'd maybe try for T-Bird Stadium again, but perhaps that's too ambitious for them these days.

I can't find any info regarding the seating capacity of DLP. Bah.
    i was at white stripes there this year and it was fine, and if its fine for the white stripes, REM will have no trouble there....great venue.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    From REM's website:

Hopefully I can get really good seats without the Fan Club then...to Toronto.
  • I'm still holding out hope I can go to a show...

I don't want to jinx anyone, but I wouldn't worry too much about these shows selling out. A lot of these venues are the 15000-20000 variety, and REM isn't going to fill too many of those to capacity anymore.

I have friends who saw them at the Air Canada Centre in 2003 and they said the bottom was full, but the upper deck was only 1/3-1/2 full.

They also said it was a rockin' show.

God I hope I can go
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • I'm still holding out hope I can go to a show...

I don't want to jinx anyone, but I wouldn't worry too much about these shows selling out. A lot of these venues are the 15000-20000 variety, and REM isn't going to fill too many of those to capacity anymore.

I have friends who saw them at the Air Canada Centre in 2003 and they said the bottom was full, but the upper deck was only 1/3-1/2 full.

They also said it was a rockin' show.

God I hope I can go

Im not worried about it being sold out...I just want great seats. I hate having shit seats, unless its a Tool concert where I wanna see the whole stage.
  • I haven't been able to go to an REM show before, and ticket sales permitting, I'm all over it this time around! Just one question: I know that they haven't announced prices or anything yet but what can I expect to pay? Are they in the $60ish range like Pearl Jam usually? Higher, lower?
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Based on an email I just got from the fan club, details will be given on Monday regarding ticketing, and on Tuesday at 9am GMT (fuckin' early here on the west coast!) the fanclub presale will start.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08