R.E.M. 2008 North American Tour‏

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited January 2008 in Other Music
R.E.M. TO TOUR NORTH AMERICA IN SUPPORT OF ACCELERATE
R.E.M. will tour North America this May and June in support of Accelerate, their new record which is set to be released on April 1. The band will be joined on the North American tour by Modest Mouse and The National.

May

23--Vancouver--Deer Lake Park
29--Los Angeles--Hollywood Bowl
31--Berkeley--The Greek Theatre

June

03--Denver--Red Rocks Amphitheatre
06--Chicago--United Center
08--Toronto--Molson Amphitheatre
10--Raleigh--Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
11--Washington, DC--Merriweather Post Pavilion
13--Boston--Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
14--Long Island--Jones Beach Theater
18--Philadelphia--Mann Center for the Performing Arts
19--New York City--TBA
21--Atlanta--Lakewood Amphitheatre

http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=662
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    man, this is going to cost a pretty penny
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    does that mean modest mouse AND the national on all dates? if so, wow.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    JSBE wrote:
    does that mean modest mouse AND the national on all dates? if so, wow.

If both are opening i will go see this show.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    No Northwest dates for my Seattle friends? Maybe they can fly down and see them at the Hollywood Bowl with me. My first REM concert was during the Green tour in 1989 at the Seattle Coliseum which cost $12. I still have the program in fact. I must admit I kind of lost interest in them since 2000 but the triple billing is interesting plus I still have a soft spot for them.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    intodeep wrote:
    If both are opening i will go see this show.

I'm with you. I always kind of wanted to see REM, but wouldn't ever say 'I gotta see them'. But those 3 acts should be a mint show. Does anyone know if REM has a fan club of any sort, or at least know the best way to get tickets?
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm with you. I always kind of wanted to see REM, but wouldn't ever say 'I gotta see them'. But those 3 acts should be a mint show. Does anyone know if REM has a fan club of any sort, or at least know the best way to get tickets?
    They have a fan club. Go to http://www.remhq.com.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Not much of a tour. More like a few select dates. Hopefully more will be announced or there will be a second leg.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    at the hollywood bowl!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I cannot believe my EYES!! Raleigh?!?!? Kind of excited right now.
    Nobody EVER plays Raleigh!!

Happiness.....
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    WTF? Ignore the Pacific Northwest why don't ya. :p Thanks REM.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl a few years back.....had front row seats from their fan club!

Michael Stipe tripped at the foot of the stage, and he braced himself on my head when he stood back up!

In 2000, we were front row at the Greek theatre in L.A.....I got to sing a minute of "Its the end of the world as we know it" after Michael handed me the mic....I was watching the band play as I sang....trippy experience!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    audiodave wrote:
    They have a fan club. Go to http://www.remhq.com.

I just checked their site. Looks like it's too late to join for 08' tix. Oh well.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    This will be a hell of a show at the Greek in Berkeley ... cannot wait

tickets will be tough to come by for sure.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    jimed14 wrote:
    This will be a hell of a show at the Greek in Berkeley ... cannot wait

tickets will be tough to come by for sure.

does the greek in Berkeley ever have shows with reserved seats, or is it always g.a.?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    does the greek in Berkeley ever have shows with reserved seats, or is it always g.a.?

every show I've been to (about 5 or 6) has been G.A.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    WTF? Ignore the Pacific Northwest why don't ya. :p Thanks REM.

Actually they are opening the tour in the PNW ...........come on up to the real Vancouver if you want to check them out ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Actually they are opening the tour in the PNW ...........come on up to the real Vancouver if you want to check them out ;)

considering that's like 6 hours from me (I'm in the other Vancouver :p), that just ain't gonna happen. Its like Washington and Oregon doesn't exist.

Really, I'm not bent about it, more of an observation than anything. :)
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    cool man, great news, im there! i had to leave early the only other time ive seen REM. (old girlfriend didnt want to stay)

may 23rd!!!!! van gets a lot of first shows on tours these days!

hey dudes, when do tickets go on sale?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • cool man, great news, im there! i had to leave early the only other time ive seen REM. (old girlfriend didnt want to stay)

may 23rd!!!!! van gets a lot of first shows on tours these days!

hey dudes, when do tickets go on sale?

didnt want to stay after payin for it???? if it were my gf, she would have had to tough it out.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    didnt want to stay after payin for it???? if it were my gf, she would have had to tough it out.

well we went for pearl jam (groundwork) so we had seen what we had come for, saw a few REM songs then left....ex girlfriends......:::...:..:. ugh
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    rcs wrote:
    Not much of a tour. More like a few select dates. Hopefully more will be announced or there will be a second leg.

thats because they are going to be doing festivals all summer i would guess and probably a euro tour

prolly second leg fall
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    whoa they are playing mafiabeach here on LONG ISLAND & NY probably MSG ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I have a funny feeling they will be playing the Sasquatch festival since they'll be in Vancouver soon before and no other dates scheduled that weekend.

Does their fanclub offer ticketing? I've never used it for tickets.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    well I'm hoping they will put more Texas dates on their next leg. I was thinking they would throw in a Houston or Dallas date around March since they are headlining a night at SXSW. I've never seen REM an would like to, althought I really do favor their old stuff over new stuff. Are they one of those bands that just plays new stuff mostly or mostly old stuff with a little new thrown in? Just curious is all. Like I said never seen them. Hopefully I can add them to my concert list. It would be cool to see Modest Mouse open for them too.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Hawkshore wrote:
    That's what I was going to say. Vancouver is in the PNW last time I checked. It's even closer to us than Seattle. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    I have a funny feeling they will be playing the Sasquatch festival since they'll be in Vancouver soon before and no other dates scheduled that weekend.

this makes perfect sense.

• sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Seeing them at the Langerado festival in March...

If I don't do Bonnaroo the weekend before, then I'll probably go to Atlanta too.

Unless R.E.M. does Bonnaroo... there are a few open dates there...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
    I have a funny feeling they will be playing the Sasquatch festival since they'll be in Vancouver soon before and no other dates scheduled that weekend.

Yeah, usually there is a pre-sale before the general sale. I think they used musictoday for the fan club the last two tours. The tix are usually good but don't expect front row or anything.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • so whats the chances of me getting tix to Toronto if I dont have a fan club membership.....those three bands would be mint.
    so whats the chances of me getting tix to Toronto if I dont have a fan club membership.....those three bands would be mint.

Probably pretty decent, just make sure to try on the day they go onsale... REM hasn't done very well on this side of the Atlantic the last few years. Last tour they didn't even sell out Atlanta.