Weiland booted out of Velvet Revolver

Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
edited April 2008 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/01/velvet-revolver-part-ways-with-scott-weiland-due-to-erratic-onstage-behavior-personal-problems/

cant say i'm surprised, the guy is a complete douche bag. He doesnt seem to realise how lucky he is to be famous, if he was a singer in a struggling band then he would have something to complain about!

wonder how long it'l be before the STP guys also get sick of him? i'd give it two months at best.
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    Anything that leads to less VR and more STP is a positive move...
  • yieldtomeyieldtome Posts: 67
    Total face-saving move by the rest of the band. They didn't boot Weiland, Weiland quit them when he announced this tour was VR's last, and reunited with STP.

Weiland might act like a douchebag half the time, but he's awesome with STP, and the music of the Deleos. This is great news.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Who cares? Both bands suck ass
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    the pilots were good, they could easily make better records than vr ever will. even his solo record was better.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Who cares? Both bands suck ass

Haha, I couldn't agree more.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Mohab wrote:
    the pilots were good, they could easily make better records than vr ever will. even his solo record was better.

The only thing that made his solo record interesting was the fact that Daniel Lanois produced it.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • pjl44 wrote:
    Anything that leads to less VR and more STP is a positive move...

i agree 1000%

VR was never half as good as STP
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Slow down here folks. Scott Weiland was amazing in Vr. They made two, kick ass records. Vr were mind blowing live. Vr is just as good as STP, if not better. The Deleos are great. Slash and Duff are better. Slash played some amazing guitar in Vr. The fall to pieces solo for one. Slash has something the Deleo brothers dont quite have. A guitar that stands out, you can tell when Slash plays the guitar thats him. His singature sound. Not so much with the Deleos. Vr were a kick ass,m amazing band and are gonna be missed.
  • ok, so VR has 2 choices that will make them moderately worth listening to.

1. Chris Cornell
    2. Mike Patton

But neither of which i think would actually do it. Because Chris is probably over the super group thing (hence the Audioslave breakup), and Mike Patton already turned VR down.

i don't see their future ending up well. They will probably just do that Rockstar show on CBS and wind up with some douche no one cares about.
  • Slow down here folks. Scott Weiland was amazing in Vr. They made two, kick ass records. Vr were mind blowing live. Vr is just as good as STP, if not better. The Deleos are great. Slash and Duff are better. Slash played some amazing guitar in Vr. The fall to pieces solo for one. Slash has something the Deleo brothers dont quite have. A guitar that stands out, you can tell when Slash plays the guitar thats him. His singature sound. Not so much with the Deleos. Vr were a kick ass,m amazing band and are gonna be missed.

Ummm, i would say the deleos have more of a signature sound than Slash does. Slash is a pretty typical Les Paul player.
  • I'm actually a fan of Velvet Revolver. The only reason I am not upset by this news is because the result is a Stone Temple Pilots reunion (hopefully permanently).

What would make this news even sweeter is if a true Guns N' Roses reunion happened.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    ok, so VR has 2 choices that will make them moderately worth listening to.

1. Chris Cornell
    2. Mike Patton
    3. Axl Rose.

I can dream.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Who cares? Both bands suck ass
    you're half right
  • Ummm, i would say the deleos have more of a signature sound than Slash does. Slash is a pretty typical Les Paul player.

I like STP but no way is there a more signature sound then Sweet Child O'Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, November Rain etc.

I know a Slash solo right when I hear it.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • DocChicago wrote:
    3. Axl Rose.

I can dream.

have you heard the songs from Chinese Democracy?

Axl sounds like an old man now.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Velvet Revolver's 2nd album was painful

What a complete waste of time and dissapointment after a very good opening effort

This is probably for the best
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    DocChicago wrote:
    3. Axl Rose.

I can dream.

Slash was on the Jim Rome Show a couple months ago and Romey asked him about a reunion. Slash pretty much said there would be no way in hell he'd work with Axl again. Said Axl was too crazy and too much of a perfectionist for it to work. Slash actually did a good job on a sports-themed show and I bet he changed a lot of listeners' perceptions of him as a hard-drinking burnout. Smart and well-spoken, Slash is surprisingly the most grounded of all those guys. Damn, I miss GNR.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    DocChicago wrote:
    3. Axl Rose.

I can dream.

4. Scott Stapp!

they can rename the band to "The Washed Ups"
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Shocking. I really thought they would be around forever. Just like Audioslave.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm in the minority, but I really liked VR. I hope they continue on with a new singer. Their first album is kickass and their second one is solid, although a little shallow.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Scott left the band, he wasn't booted. The other guys are just trying to save whatever is left of their name.

The statement that was released is bullshit. Everyone in that band had issues over the last year and a half, more so than Scott.
  • its a shame how screwed up weiland is
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    PJ_Saluki wrote:
    Smart and well-spoken, Slash is surprisingly the most grounded of all those guys. Damn, I miss GNR.

Izzy and Duff are by far more grounded than Slash and that is why those two are the coolest of the bunch. Slash has a tendancy to stretch the truth so anything he says shouldn't be taken as fact. Now that VR failed, if Axl wanted him back he'd go back.
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Haha, I couldn't agree more.

Funny. I totally agree. The only thing that makes either of these bands interesting is that Weiland makes Amy Winehouse seem like she's got her shit together. What a train wreck Weiland is. Hopefully he'll just go away.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    lol this is such bullshit. Scott jumped at the chance to reunite STP and now the rest of the band is trying to spin it.

They should probably do Rockstar to find a new singer.

Cornell wouldn't do it.

Mike Patton wouldn't do it in a million years.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Hilarious! You can't give someone the boot if they've already left! I'm not fussed either way, there's a handful of VR songs I like, but I would far prefer have STP back - they're in a completely different league. I just hope the reunion lasts, and Weiland doesn't fuck up again.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Love it! Never digged Velvet Revolver. Love the STP. Agree that the guy is plain stupid.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Nice

Bring back STP
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    April 1st, anybody?
  • Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
    Seen Velvet Revolver x2 and I can honestly say the best thing about both concerts were the STP covers! CRACKERMAN!!! :\
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring