Options

Alright, here's 2 new GNR songs leaked!

13»

Comments

• Options
    all very good. thing that sucks is people with the "bad attitudes" towards gn'r aren't going to like the songs no matter what...here's a big F-U to them. have an open mind will ya?
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    all very good. thing that sucks is people with the "bad attitudes" towards gn'r aren't going to like the songs no matter what...here's a big F-U to them. have an open mind will ya?

Yeah...i'd say.

People bitch about Slash not being there. And I like Slash alot. And I think he's a great guitar player, but Slash doesn't have that unique sound like people like David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, Tom Morello...people like that. I mean the guitars on these demos are weaker, but they're not horrible either.

I think people got turned off after the whole MTV awards thing. And it was bad, but some places sound bad no matter what. Axl still sounds good on these demos, and even if you check out the new live songs he still sounds good.
  • Options
    the solo section of 'there was a time,' beginning right @ 2:30s, sound exactly like 'estranged.'

regardless, i'm still digging hearing some new g'n'r, even if axl is the only original member left, after all these years.
  • Options
    I like Slash but, he's a little above average and that's really about it. Don't get me wrong, I like him and respect and he seems cool as hell but, his writing is pretty average. He's best as writing melodic guitar solos. In terms of just riffs, he isn't the best in the world. Velvet Revolver tells me that.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    here you go guys..the full Better :)
    http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G3195TUCZXF52U8WYEDECKMOH
    must say i din expect the song to continue like this..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    thanks axl
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    My radio station played I.R.S. today at noon & at 5:00. 97.9X in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
    I thought it was below the standards of past work, but maybe it will grow on me. But, I know they have to be capable of better.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    these are only demos...the real thing will sound way better
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Holy shit...Better is unfucking real. I can't believe where that song went, but it kicks sooooooo much ass.
  • Options
    anyone know where TWAT can be found?

and i mean a VALID link?

anyone?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    anyone know where TWAT can be found?

and i mean a VALID link?

anyone?

http://www.awhitekid.com/cd.htm

you can listen to 'TWAT' here.

Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that There was a time has been abbreviated to 'twat'?! in the UK twat is a slang word for a ladies 'front bottom'!

And wow, Better ends up going a bit psycho doesn't it?!
  • Options
    CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Well I'm pleasantly surprised.

After all the bullshit rumours and eccentricity over the past decade or so, I was all ready to dislike and mock the new stuff mercilessly. I was a huge fan back in the day and it always saddened me that they faded away into nothingness.

I've just heard 'Better' and 'There Was A Time', and goddamn they're good! What with this and the news that they're playing the Download festival this year, could it be that one of my favourite bands from the past is having a resurrection at last?

I haven't heard IRS yet, anyone got a working link for this?
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Curious wrote:
    Well I'm pleasantly surprised.

After all the bullshit rumours and eccentricity over the past decade or so, I was all ready to dislike and mock the new stuff mercilessly. I was a huge fan back in the day and it always saddened me that they faded away into nothingness.

I've just heard 'Better' and 'There Was A Time', and goddamn they're good! What with this and the news that they're playing the Download festival this year, could it be that one of my favourite bands from the past is having a resurrection at last?

I haven't heard IRS yet, anyone got a working link for this?

Look at the link that the guy post before you
  • Options
    http://www.awhitekid.com/cd.htm

you can listen to 'TWAT' here.

Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that There was a time has been abbreviated to 'twat'?! in the UK twat is a slang word for a ladies 'front bottom'!

And wow, Better ends up going a bit psycho doesn't it?!
    lol fucking hilarious....the song is aboot Stephanie too and shes a twat.

Better..wow..what can i say?
    definitely unexpected

YNWA
  • Options

YNWA
  • Options
    hmmmmm...i know its only 9 seconds so i can't really judge....but i wasn't impressed by this one at all...mmm at least those 9 seconds haha......but Better freakin rocks!!!