Options

Alright, here's 2 new GNR songs leaked!

immortality_13immortality_13 Posts: 232
edited February 2006 in Other Music
One is called Better it only goes for 1.20mins
The other is the leaked song from not long ago called IRS, i think Better is a better but there isnt a full version yet.
Here's the link:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61789
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61780
u may have to sign up to the forum to listen not sure.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yea you have to sign up
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    shit, i was about to post the yousendit link my friend gave me, but it seems that the bandwidth is exceeded. i'll try anyway, maybe it'll work for you

http://s11.yousendit.com/...fiw5kr3axsyr1gbpxasgtqgqr
    http://s27.yousendit.com/...h6micwav39fe1gkfjpnvip7lp
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    links dont work can someone please re upload them?
    http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=488E941FC77DB011 heres a working link for "Better"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    wow, i gotta say, i don't really like GnR, especially after that MTV fiasco a few years back... but that demo is pretty good. i'm a little stunned.
  • Options
    The beginning of Better is fucked. I was like "Noooooo...please tell me this isn't real." But the rest of the song sounds alright.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    They are what made me a rock-n-roll fan. Thanks G-N-R.
    Ps.-Axl's right. Lafayette DOES suck.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    Would someone mind emailing these to me? I can't get to those links from work, and apparently the mp3's were taken down from the GNR forum. I'd greatly appreciate it! :cool:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Here's a link with both of them as zip files

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MB0WW0FY8YBL1VAAWQO5QFMHH
  • Options
    Here's a link with both of them as zip files

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MB0WW0FY8YBL1VAAWQO5QFMHH

Work won't let me go to file sharing websites!! Damn. :(

I'm dying to hear these. How are the songs for those who've heard them?

ps.... I'd be so grateful if someone could email the zip or mp3's. :D
  • Options
    wow, i gotta say, i don't really like GnR, especially after that MTV fiasco a few years back... but that demo is pretty good. i'm a little stunned.

I agree, sounds good. I have not heard Axel in a long time. It brings back memories.
    Better then the MTV awards, they were so freaking bad!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I agree, sounds good. I have not heard Axel in a long time. It brings back memories.
    Better then the MTV awards, they were so freaking bad!
    Exactly what I thought. The MTV was soooooooo incredible bad,I said to myself "Allright, Axl is done". But he sounds suprisingly good on these two here...
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Spread the jams people! :)
  • Options
    so holy shit im stunned,

axle has let me down over the years and yeah he kinda was an idol when i was 10....but i dont listen to old GNR anymore cuz hes a fuckup, but this sounds decent , not what i expected and im now intrigued that maybe the fabled chinese democracy could see the light of day.......

nice find
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    I still listen to the old stuff from time to time, but gnr's time has come & went a long time ago. This might have been relevent back in the late 90's but just doesn't intrest me now.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    not bad but the drums lack feel for me. They seem programmed or something.
  • Options
    PaulJam wrote:
    not bad but the drums lack feel for me. They seem programmed or something.

almost like these songs are demos or something....
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

Yeah really lol.

Personally, I really like it. "Better" is going to be awesome. I hope Chinese Democracy comes out this year. I like Axl's voice a lot, a lot of soul.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I will be the lone dissenting opinion and say that these songs fucking blow.

Goodnight, Alice :)
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Im sure he'll have a proper drummer but they sound too over produced regardless. Technology is being seriously implemented to hold up his vocal chords. Meh. Not bad, I really like Madagascar though and I'm sure it'll be a decent album.
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    The beginning in "Better" is dumb. The rest of the song is OK. Seriously tho, the middle of the song when the guitar kicks in is kind of boring but Axls voice is still awesome. Why cant he just call it a new Axl Rose song? I havent heard the other song. I will still buy it tho.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options

They are demos...
  • Options
    melkormelkor Posts: 35
    I think a lot of people are going to hate is album. Ive had IRS since that really bad copy was leaked. Its nice to have a clean version, but I grew tired of the song real quick. Kind of hollow IMHO. BUT, Better sounds killer (pretends that chorus will be reworked before official release).

I guess I can up these for you folk if you give me a minute.
  • Options
    People say IRS is about as good as Illegal I Song or Spectacle from Contraband and i have to say i agree its good but not special, axl is human he probably has better songs but i dont think he will be so much better than VR. i guess we'll see how good VR will be when their next album comes out
  • Options
    melkormelkor Posts: 35
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13449216/GNR.rar.html

..scroll down and click "free"
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I'm shocked. :eek: I never thought Axl could ever again sound that good. :eek:

this is really positively surprising. :) maybe there's still hope.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    eMMI wrote:
    I'm shocked. :eek: I never thought Axl could ever again sound that good. :eek:

this is really positively surprising. :) maybe there's still hope.

Anybody can sound good in the studio.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    enharmonic wrote:

true. but people can also sound shitty in the studio.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    the lyrics of the song are pretty poor for axl's standard, the songs isnt really album material, the music is alright but the lyrics arent.
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:

not true.

That's a big misconception. If you suck, you suck. Yes, you can be aided quite a bit but, if you don't have a good voice, you can't do anything with it. Just because Axl sounded bad at the VMA's doesn't mean he can't sing anymore. Everybody has off/bad nights.

One other thing...You guys are analyzing this songs as if they were FINISHED versions. Saying things like 'it sounds hollow' etc...Proper mix & mastering will fix that kind of thing.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    not true.

That's a big misconception. If you suck, you suck. Yes, you can be aided quite a bit but, if you don't have a good voice, you can't do anything with it. Just because Axl sounded bad at the VMA's doesn't mean he can't sing anymore. Everybody has off/bad nights.

One other thing...You guys are analyzing this songs as if they were FINISHED versions. Saying things like 'it sounds hollow' etc...Proper mix & mastering will fix that kind of thing.
    very well said :)
    i think these songs sound great considering they are unfinished.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA