Van Halen/Roth in 2007?

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I'm out. I used to love Van Halen but Dave and Ed are train wrecks now. No Mike = No VH.

They already took my money with that fake 2004 reunion with Sammy.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    This looks to be trouble.

Eddie + Dave + 15 year old kid?

What's the over/under?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    This looks to be trouble.

Eddie + Dave + 15 year old kid?

What's the over/under?

PBM
    Might finish one leg.......Eddie+Dave+Eddie's 15 year old son=a train wreck
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Might finish one leg.......Eddie+Dave+Eddie's 15 year old son=a train wreck

I just don't see Dave sharing the spotlight with Wolfgang...let alone Eddie.

Surely, he could've gotten a spot on the next installment of The Surreal Life instead.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

I just don't see Dave sharing the spotlight with Wolfgang...let alone Eddie.

Surely, he could've gotten a spot on the next installment of The Surreal Life instead.

PBM
    Will have to be a well-built stage to hold up all of the egos...:)

DLR would be a perfect fit on The Surreal Life!!!!! Look what did for Favor Flav's career!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Save the first couple CDs, VH kinda sucked with Roth. I liked them better with Hagar.
    no way!! it's Diamond DAVE!!! VAN HALEN not VAN HAGAR!!! ;)

there are so many tours/concerts being announced right now, it is seriously rockin my world!! Pearl Jam, The Police (we'll see), and now this...!?! someone pinch me!! :)
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:

Is that for real? Is it on?

PBM

From a metal forum that i also browse:

RollingStone. com has uploaded the first official photo of the new Van Halen
    lineup, featuring the group's new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen (son of Van
    Halen guitarist Eddie Van Halen). Check it out at this location
    <http://i.realone. com/assets/ rn/img/2/ 7/2/7/13527272- 13527274- large.jpg> .

In an exclusive interview with RollingStone. com, Van Halen singer David Lee
    Roth stated about his first post-reunion jam with Eddie, "Eddie and I wrote
    the songs, every note, and every syllable; as if we invented a language that
    only we can speak. It was an easy, natural thing. When you speak a language
    that you both created, it's natural to go, 'I know you.' So it was very
    easy. There wasn't any stumble at all. I just showed up, and twenty minutes
    later, it was the usual, 'How's the wife, how's the kids, let's play.' When
    you're born to do that language, you speak it naturally. I never forgot it."

On how rehearsals are going, Roth said, "The chemistry is combustible.
    There's an explosive sound there that is, I think, perhaps. unless you were
    there, which most folks weren't, than you may have forgotten. This is really
    sophisticated, smart stuff. Everybody's at the top of their game in terms
    of. it's not just intangible things. My voice is arguably better than it was
    when I left the band back when. I love what I do, perhaps for some different
    reasons now than I did, more so than I did. It's a privilege to do what I do
    for a living."

Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on March 12
    at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. The band's Roth-era
    greatest-hits album, "Best Of (1978-1984)" , was originally supposed to come
    out March 13, the day after the Rock Hall ceremony, and then was moved to
    March 27. Now, it's been delayed again, and won't be released until April 3.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I know the Fanch-man would not fuck with the Punk!
    Nice find. It actually has me fired up!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YES! YES! YES!:D
    *lets out a signature Diamond Dave squeal*
    And hey, might as well JUMP! *jumps for joy* :p haha. Hell yes!! SOooooo beyond pumped for this!!!

Thank you for posting that Fanchy.

A local radio station was actually talking about this earlier today and confirming that it's 110% a go as well. :D!!! They also quoted Sammy as saying he'd love to share the stage with Dave for the Rock and Roll Hall of fame....or if not he'd atleast love to be in the crowd and witness it. Something to that effect but bascially Sammy was saying he's all for the reunion and excited for everyone.

So what's the deal with the inducting anyways? :confused: I keep hearing conflicting things. Can someone clear that up for me please? I've heard a few times that they'll BOTH be inducted but mainly what I keep hearing is that it's currently still being talked about.

Anyways, I cannot wait to finally experience the real Van Halen!
    :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Sam and Dave are BOTH getting inducted.
    Who shows up / and / or performs is anyone's guess at this point.
    Thanks for clarifying that Atomic Punk. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Anyways, I cannot wait to finally experience the real Van Halen!
    :D
    It's not the real Van Halen without Michael Anthony.......take my word for it. This band, with Roth, was very hit or miss when it came to live performances. I saw both ends of the spectrum in person. When they're on, they're on......if not, you wasted your money and your time.
    tybird wrote:
    This band, with Roth, was very hit or miss when it came to live performances. I saw both ends of the spectrum in person. When they're on, they're on......if not, you wasted your money and your time.

That's because they played hard, dirty, yet musically-intricate rock and roll while touring the world constantly partying hard and sleepign little. That's rock and roll. If I want sonic perfection, I'll go see an orchestra. If I want to feel good b/c it's Friday night, I'll go see Van Halen with Dave.

However, I agree with teh Wolfgang thing. It's just stupid. Michael Anthony is like the nicest guy of all of them. Obviously, EVH is the problem in keeping it together.
    tybird wrote:
    It's not the real Van Halen without Michael Anthony.......take my word for it. This band, with Roth, was very hit or miss when it came to live performances. I saw both ends of the spectrum in person. When they're on, they're on......if not, you wasted your money and your time.

from what I have seen and heard on video bootleg, you are absolutely correct. I am a huge VH fan of the Roth era, and I have serious reservations about this tour and how good it will be. I guess it is better to expect little and be pleasantly surprised.
    Mike not being there is crap. Horrible move by dickhead EVH.
    Sam and Dave are BOTH getting inducted.
    Who shows up / and / or performs is anyone's guess at this point.

I don't quite understand why they both get the nod. I thought it was only members who were included on the band's first release.

Sammy could go in solo or as a member of Montrose...or as a member of Van Halen later on down the line.

I'm confused as to the rules of the HOF.

PBM

I definitely hear what you're saying tybird. Perhaps my wording was a bit extreme. What can I say? I was lost in the Dave moment. :p I know it won't be the same without Michael Anthony but regardless I am still super excited to finally be able to witness Dave singing Van Halen songs. I've seen Sammy before but never got the chance to see Dave and honestly, that's a huge part of what it's about for me.

"Lo√e, you know the word

I don't quite understand why they both get the nod. I thought it was only members who were included on the band's first release.

Sammy could go in solo or as a member of Montrose...or as a member of Van Halen later on down the line.

PBM

Evidently in Sam's case the induction committee feels that he made a significant contribution to Van Halen even tho he was not in the band 25 years ago. He had a huge impact, thats why he gets the nod, and conversely, why Cherone does not even get a mention. He had no positive impact on VH's legacy.
    Evidently in Sam's case the induction committee feels that he made a significant contribution to Van Halen even tho he was not in the band 25 years ago. He had a huge impact, thats why he gets the nod, and conversely, why Cherone does not even get a mention. He had no positive impact on VH's legacy.

Then the committee should rethink things and induct The E Street Band.

Thumbs down to them.

PBM

can't argue with you on that one....

The R&RHOF is a joke anyway....
    fanch75 wrote:
    That's because they played hard, dirty, yet musically-intricate rock and roll while touring the world constantly partying hard and sleepign little. That's rock and roll. If I want sonic perfection, I'll go see an orchestra. If I want to feel good b/c it's Friday night, I'll go see Van Halen with Dave.

However, I agree with teh Wolfgang thing. It's just stupid. Michael Anthony is like the nicest guy of all of them. Obviously, EVH is the problem in keeping it together.
    The sonic quality is not what I was referring to........I generally like to see a band that completes songs that is playing, not ones where the lead singer is too drunk to remember the lyrics, so he starts hooting and hollering while the song crashes to an end. I no longer consider extended drum solos an essential part of a rock n' roll show.....especially when they are filling space & time because the lead singer is too drunk and the guitarist is right behind him in that category. I have seen an absolutely brilliant show put on by DLR era Van Halen, and I have seen an absolute train wreck of a show put on by the same band. (1984 & 1982)

PBM
    That was some good shit put out by Montrose (Bad Motor Scooter e.g.)......and some great solo efforts by Sammy.....who put on a helluva show when I saw him open for ZZ Top in 1983.
    tybird wrote:
    The sonic quality is not what I was referring to........I generally like to see a band that completes songs that is playing, not ones where the lead singer is too drunk to remember the lyrics, so he starts hooting and hollering while the song crashes to an end. I no longer consider extended drum solos an essential part of a rock n' roll show.....especially when they are filling space & time because the lead singer is too drunk and the guitarist is right behind him in that category. I have seen an absolutely brilliant show put on by DLR era Van Halen, and I have seen an absolute train wreck of a show put on by the same band. (1984 & 1982)

See I think all of that is awesome and totally rock and roll. But then again, I think it's awesome when the Oasis brothers get in a fight or when Axl Rose shows up for a show at 1am.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67415

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"There's a new addition to the Mad Anthony family of hot sauces coming soon for those of you who just can't get enough heat. You wanted hotter taste with the same great flavor and Mad Anthony's has heard the call! Mad Anthony's XXXTra Hot Private Reserve is in the final stages of preparation and is just what you need to turn your favorite meal into a five-alarm inferno. So ice up those ass cheeks and get ready to sizzle, because Mad Anthony's XXXTra Hot Private Reserve is on its way! Don't forget to have the Fire Dept. on speed dial!"

For more information on Anthony's line of hot sauces, click here.

Anthony isn't letting his dismissal from VAN HALEN get in the way of his feelings about being elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. On his web site, the bassist previously wrote, "I was very excited and honored to learn that VAN HALEN would be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this March. I want to thank Eddie, Alex, Sammy, and Dave. It has been an amazing experience and I am very proud of what we have accomplished. I'm not sure yet how the induction ceremony will work, but I'll keep everyone posted as I find out the details. A Big MA Toast to all our fans for their tremendous support over the years! Love you all and bottoms up!!"

Last year, Eddie Van Halen announced that his 15-year-old son Wolfgang had replaced Anthony in the band. No announcement has been made about the reason for the lineup change.

The band will be inducted March 12 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.

PBM

From Pollstar.com:
    http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7687

Van Halen On Hold

It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.

The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen’s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.

Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.

However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

PBM

From Pollstar.com:
    http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7687

Van Halen On Hold

It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.

The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen’s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.

Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.

However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

PBM
    It's officially a circus.................send in the clowns.....:D

spokeswoman/girlfriend sounds like a potential problem to me.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    tybird wrote:

spokeswoman/girlfriend sounds like a potential problem to me.
    Just like hiring Alex's brother-in-law Ray Danniels as manager was a problem which led to Sammy's departure
    Oh those wacky Van Halen brothers (and now son)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I can't wait to watch the train wreck at the Hall of Fame...that should make for some interesting television.

PBM

I can't wait to watch the train wreck at the Hall of Fame...that should make for some interesting television.

PBM
    It will probably look like something that Heyman booked in the old days of ECW. :D