Options

Van Halen/Roth in 2007?

PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
edited January 2007 in Other Music
This is the text of an email I just received from a friend of a friend on the inside at the VH management camp.
Don't take it as gospel, but its a glimmer...
VAN HALEN AND ROTH - FINALLY IN 2007:
No more teasing. Never tease where Van Halen is concerned...I have information from a highly placed source that Van Halen will likely tour in 2007 with David Lee Roth as frontman.

Negotiations are currently underway to re-unite Van Halen with their original frontman for a tour in 2007 that will take in Amercia and possibly other territories. While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 re-union tour.

One would presume the tour will feature classic VH era songs only. What I do not yet know is whether this plan includes exiled bass player Michael Anthony. Perhaps Wolfgang will play bass? I'm told these questions will be answered shortly.
Van Halen last toured in 2004 with Sammy Hagar, but the tour ended on a sour note and Hagar has not talked to Eddie Van Halen since.
What I also know is that there will be no new Van Halen release to go with the tour, such as The Best Of Both World's in 2004. There is no plans for a new compilation or a new studio album - just the tour.
More details when available.
This weekend we rock Portland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Coolness! :cool:
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Save the first couple CDs, VH kinda sucked with Roth. I liked them better with Hagar.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    i've gotten to the point that i don't give a fuck anymore. i can see through these assholes. it's all about getting as much money as they possibly can before they're all using walkers or wheelchairs. fuck any future incarnation of van halen.

the last decent VH album (imo) was 5150. everything since sucks ass.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Save the first couple CDs, VH kinda sucked with Roth. I liked them better with Hagar.
    You and me both...........brother.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    that would be sweet!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Van Halen with Roth is my favorite band of all time. I will believe it when I see it, but I would definately be there and be pumped for it. Saw VH with Hagar like 8 times, and saw Roth solo about 6 times, but never together. There have been rumors in the past, so no need to get too excited, but hey, I always thought it would happen sooner or later...
  • Options
    U2rocksU2rocks Posts: 89

"What are you people, on dope"

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
  • Options
    This would kick ass, Van Halen is one of the best rock bands ever. Diamond Dave and Eddie Van Halen together, is one of the bets 1-2 punches in rock ever.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Why would any of you want to see these idiots? It isn't 1984 anymore. They are over-the-hill hacks now. If you aren't making relevant new music, stop touring, you are traveling dvd.
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,066
    Isn't the tour being sponsored by Rogaine?
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    hope this tour works out and they actually record some new material.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    bootlegger is right, 20 years too late....
  • Options
    Ah you guys crack me up by say 20 years to late. 1st off good music never dies. Also Diamond Dave and Eddie Van Halen come on people thats a treat too see.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    again?

will this all be for the sake of a one-on press conference, like previously ?

besides- last i saw- Diamond Dave was re-doing all Van Halen songs in Bluegrass style. I also know for a fact that Dave was recently working as an ambulance EMT over in Brooklyn, NYC .
    I'll also belive this when i see it .

Maybe a reunited Police can open up for them , too,... :rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    Eddie's talkin to Guitar World:
    Eddie Van Halen spoke to Guitar World magazine about the current status of VAN HALEN following the departures of vocalist Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony.

Rumors continue to swirl that original singer David Lee Roth, who was replaced by Hagar in the mid-1980s, will return to the fold, despite years of enmity. Roth, who has recently worked as a radio DJ and a paramedic, told Billboard.com in May that he saw it "absolutely as an inevitability."

"I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!'" Eddie told Guitar World. "As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the ocassion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

Eddie has brought his 15-year-old son, Wolfgang, into VAN HALEN as the veteran rock band's new bass player. Father and son, along with Eddie's drummer brother Alex, have been rehearsing for a 2007 tour.

"Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing," said Eddie. "He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I guess Michael Anthony ain't returning.

Speaking of which,what I really like about VH's music is the Eddie/Michael background vocals on their songs. I can't imagine songs like Beautiful Girls,Unchained, and Feel Your Love Tonight without them.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I don't care who is the singer, I'd just like to see Eddie play
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    It's inevitable. They're all running out of money.
  • Options
    I think it'd be pretty cool.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Gary Cherone, where art thou? :p
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Gary Cherone, where art thou? :p

I actually enjoyed the Cherone VH show at MSG because I got to hear the band play all the old stuff that Sammy refused to do. Seeing Eddie go off on Fair Warning and WACF classics was awesome!
  • Options
    Sammy now has his say on possible reunion...
    Earlier this year, it was announced that Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang had replaced Michael Anthony on bass.

"I really have no idea — ppphhhttt! — what's going on," Hagar said. "Michael and I are friends, which is why he isn't in the band anymore."

VAN HALEN and Hagar went their separate ways in 1996. Eight years later, Hagar was back in the fold for a reunion tour. In the interim, he co-headlined a tour with Roth.

There has been buzz lately about VAN HALEN hitting the road again with Roth. Hagar, for one, doesn't buy it.

"I'm not saying I don't want a Dave reunion," Hagar said. "I think their best bet after this would be to go out with Dave. But I don't see it working.

"Ed, Wolfie, Alex and some new kid would be what I put my money on. That could happen.

"But Dave and Ed working together? I don't see it in a million years. I know 'em both."

In fact, Hagar doubts VAN HALEN's members can put aside their differences even long enough to get through the Rock Hall ceremony.

"I think it could be ugly," he said. "This might be the best one ever! It's what everybody wants. They want to see blows thrown and yelling and screaming and people making fools of themselves and trying to outshine each other.

"This could be a real comedy, man. This could be a reality series right here.

"I don't think it's gonna be a real friendly, beautiful scene. . . .I could go there and jam with them. Ed, Mike, Al and I probably could pull it off, 'cause we just did it [in 2004]. We were professional when we went onstage.

"But you throw Dave in that mix, and I just don't see it working. Dave's gonna want it to be all about him. Ed's gonna want it to be all about him. And that's a tough one right there. I'll probably just be sitting over in the corner, cracking up."
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    I actually enjoyed the Cherone VH show at MSG because I got to hear the band play all the old stuff that Sammy refused to do. Seeing Eddie go off on Fair Warning and WACF classics was awesome!
    I saw the VH3 version in Boston and thoroughly enjoyed the show.
    When I saw the Hagar/Roth show here, Gary joined Sammy (and Mike) on stage for a couple of duets, and seeing the 3 singers of VH on the same stage on the same night it was clear that Cherone had the best set of pipes by a longshot.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I saw the VH3 version in Boston and thoroughly enjoyed the show.
    When I saw the Hagar/Roth show here, Gary joined Sammy (and Mike) on stage for a couple of duets, and seeing the 3 singers of VH on the same stage on the same night it was clear that Cherone had the best set of pipes by a longshot.

I've seen all three versions of VH (Dave, Sammy & Gary...) and the Sammy/Dave tour and of course Sammy solo... Yes, Gary Cherone has the best voice, but he's a singer and Sammy and Dave are "rock stars"!!!

Given a choice I'd opt for the Dave led VH tour... It's been a while and I think it would be a little crazier... After all it's about the fun...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Ooooh! :D I would love love LOVE for this to really, finally happen!
    Nothing tops the Dave for me. I'd be there in a frickin heartbeat!

Thanks for posting this Poncier.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    They should do a Rockstar VanHalen reality show. Seems to have worked for INXS and "Supernova"

:)

As long as Ed updates his wardrobe a bit...

f10_pic80.jpg
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    They should do a Rockstar VanHalen reality show. Seems to have worked for INXS and "Supernova"

:)

As long as Ed updates his wardrobe a bit...

f10_pic80.jpg
    what the fuck is he wearing..haha....

YNWA
  • Options
    i used to give a shit about van halen, but i dont anymore. unless somebody gives me a free ticket, i won't be wasting $80+ to see burnt out old men play over-played 80s anthems.
  • Options