Who's worse - Creed or Nickelback?

Comments

• Oh, and while we are spitting off shitty bands, can we please include Fall Out Boy and twin sisters Panic At The Disco?

More pelting of shitty bands!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxS_lLGQ2KE
  • How did that even hurt the panic guy? I watched it 6 times and I don't get it. It looks like he got hit in the shoulder. I don't know that it should warrant him staying down that long. I guess he's just very fragile.
  • Hate 'em both, but had an interesting conversation with my 9 year old daughter the other day. Cruising home from Walmart, had the radio on the good ole Funky Monkey here in the South Sound, and some fucked up Nickelback song is on. I change it, she protests of course (because their music seems to resonate with the 10 and under crowd) and I had to explain to her how I hated the FUCK outta Nickelback (though not putting in those particular words per se). She proceeded to explain how they rocked harder than some of the bands I'm trying to turn her onto (Zeppelin in particular).. I just had to shake my head and let it play through, 'cause I wasn't gonna win, in her eyes anyway..

Anyway, long story short.. Nickelback (and Chad Kroeger in particular) can eat my nads, and if their core crowd is fucking 9 or 10 year olds (even if my daughter's part of that mix) then that should be enough to let people know that they blow serious nad-sack..

And whoever threw Hinder in there.. Motherfuckin' props for that.. They are goddamn HORRIBLE..

FUCK..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • Oh, and while we are spitting off shitty bands, can we please include Fall Out Boy and twin sisters Panic At The Disco?

Not even gonna watch that vid, 'cause I've seen enough of both bands to know that I'd love to watch each and every member of each "band" tossed head first into a wood chipper, and watch them die a quick, painful, horrible death..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Creed put out 1 good album and Mark Tremonti whether you want to admit it or not is a great guitarist, but I can't say anything good about Nickelback, they are terrible!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • that story always makes me smile. sigh..... that hammerheads. too much fun. shoe throwing comp. damn that was a good night. never would go to his concert tho. wish i knew the dude that hucked it. easy to find. find the moron with only one shoe on!!

It's 4:00 a.m., and I'm just starting to sober up so I can get up to work by 9:00... but reading that story makes for more booze to be consumed I think.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Okay, I thought I would never be as disgusted with an artist as I am with Creed. Lately, however, I have found my stomach turning to the same extent with Nickelback. I'm trying to decide who's worse, but I really can't decide between the two. Help, someone?

for me that's kinda fucked up, because just about five hours ago, i was at a bar that was blasting nickelback - what a dumb fucking name even - and i was literally wondering then as well, who's the shittier band. What can i say, i was drunk.

Like Lewis Black said on the 2004 election, something to the effect of, "when you went into that voting booth, you had the choice between two bulls of shit! The only difference was the smell".
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • I say Creed, cuz they are the only band that I know of where the singer can't even go to his neighborhood bar/club without getting his ass kicked.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Oh, and while we are spitting off shitty bands, can we please include Fall Out Boy and twin sisters Panic At The Disco?

i tried to slow down the video to see where the bottle went, and i think it was his head......
    I hate emo music, but i think to throw a bottle at a person for singing shit music is wrong and not funny
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Zanne wrote:
    And a boot to the head!

make that 2 boots to the head

and a third for creed if i had 3feet!!! ;)
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • pjamdude69 wrote:
    Hate 'em both, but had an interesting conversation with my 9 year old daughter the other day. Cruising home from Walmart, had the radio on the good ole Funky Monkey here in the South Sound, and some fucked up Nickelback song is on. I change it, she protests of course (because their music seems to resonate with the 10 and under crowd) and I had to explain to her how I hated the FUCK outta Nickelback (though not putting in those particular words per se). She proceeded to explain how they rocked harder than some of the bands I'm trying to turn her onto (Zeppelin in particular).. I just had to shake my head and let it play through, 'cause I wasn't gonna win, in her eyes anyway..

Anyway, long story short.. Nickelback (and Chad Kroeger in particular) can eat my nads, and if their core crowd is fucking 9 or 10 year olds (even if my daughter's part of that mix) then that should be enough to let people know that they blow serious nad-sack..
    I detest Nickleback so much that my 9-year-old is trained to change the station whenever one of their songs comes on. It's that horrid, sing-songy thing Kroeger does with all of his lyrics that makes me want to scour my ears with a bottle brush. Gaaaah!

Of course, said 9/yo likes Sean Paul and Justin Timberlake, so I'm no farther ahead.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • I totally get the part where a band starts getting really annoying when they are all over the media. That happens even if you like a band. So when a band comes along that's not really your cup of tea, has questionable talent, has an annoying singer, and in Creed's case some weird religious side, it will easily turn your stomach. That being said, neither band have made any impact whatsoever in Norway, and most people don't even know who they are. From my perspective it's still difficult to understand how so many people hate them the way they do, when there is clearly much worse teen pop/dance/industry made music out there.

Anyway, I always prefer to be positive. Let people listen to what they want without criticising them. There's so much negativity around that it's almost suffocating, even inside the Pearl Jam community towards some of Pearl Jam's own albums. It sometimes feels like liking Riot Act is a punishable offence, and that's when readings posts on a Pearl Jam message board.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Anders wrote:
    Anyway, I always prefer to be positive. Let people listen to what they want without criticising them. There's so much negativity around that it's almost suffocating, even inside the Pearl Jam community towards some of Pearl Jam's own albums. It sometimes feels like liking Riot Act is a punishable offence, and that's when readings posts on a Pearl Jam message board.

hmm... i didn't know that other fans thought that Riot Act was a bad album...
    anyways i think Riot Act album is ok, not the best, but ok.
  • Nickelback
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Nickelback were actually not bad around the Leader of Men era. They compete with Hinder for the cheeiest lyrics in rock these days, and every single sounds the same. Creed have Mark Tremonti who is one of the best guitarists in rock, although Stapp was certainly hard to take at times....even I can admit that.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    nickelback...funny
    i love rock chicks
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Let's see, I can either eat rotten pickled eggs on burnt toast with shit butter, or I can scrape the crust out from underneath the fridge and mix it in my curdled sour milk and drink it...choices, choices, choices.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    nocode23 wrote:
    Let's see, I can either eat rotten pickled eggs on burnt toast with shit butter, or I can scrape the crust out from underneath the fridge and mix it in my curdled sour milk and drink it...choices, choices, choices.

haha, well said.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Nickleback. I like Creeds first album.
    I must admit, I was into Creed's first album even before they were big time mainstream......but once they sold out and thought they were gods I ditched the bitches. Both bands suck.....Creed sucks the USA and Nickelback sucks up Canada.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    I got a real hate on for Hinder right now. Who ever said 7mary3 sucks is way off..they are great.

BTW..Creed & Nickelback both suck...my vote would be for....dunno cant deicide.
  • Definetly Creed
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Nobody detest 3 Doors Down??? I hate them, maybe even more than Creed...but Nickelback is still #1.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Definetly Creed

Definitivamente Nickelback.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    this could be the hardest poll i've ever seen... but i think i have to go with nickelback. just hearing that guy's voice makes me feel like whatever meal i just ate is coming back up. so horrid. i can't stand a single nickelback song.

that said, scott stapp is probably the biggest douchebag in rock. however, there are maybe 2 songs by creed i can listen to without hurling so they get a slight edge. plus, they have the advantage of having broken up so we dont have to hear about them anymore, which makes me like them a little more than nickelback.
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    Nickleback is definitely worse. They are still pumping out the generic rock shit. How many times can they release the same song with slightly different words?!? :confused:
    Creeds first album was ok, but they took a nosedive after that. The only NB song thats tolerable is Leader of Men... everything else is like nails on a chalkboard, i can't change the station fast enough when they come on!!
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • I ll agree with what someone else said, i liked Creed before they Became the total suckfest they are now, somewhere right after the release of their second album. Nickelback have just been totally rancid from the beginning.
    I like Creed's first album , Nickelback= Worst thing in music

dont get me wornd i do highly dislike Creed , but i would rather listen to them before nickelback
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Zanne wrote:
    If there were two piles of shit sitting on the ground, steaming, would you taste them both just to be able to say which one was worse? That's the closest I can get to answering this question.

HAAA haaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

my sentiments exactly.
    ...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    i loved it when in one of my cover bands everyone wanted to play nickleback and creed. I just went along with it. Face it they are both OK bands, we just hate them becuase pearl jam is far more unique then them.
    that being said... um i have to say i dislike creed more becuase of matts involvment in the 'hero' song.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Nickelback. I don't understand why they have a record deal. Just atrocious.

And it wasn't one of the choices, but Hinder, I can't stand them either, ick.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    pjayfan wrote:
    Creeds not around anymore to make us suffer so Nickelback. But I second that motion for Hinder and raise you:

Daughtry and 3 Doors Down.

Later

Daughtry = Nickelback