Who's worse - Creed or Nickelback?

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Okay, I thought I would never be as disgusted with an artist as I am with Creed. Lately, however, I have found my stomach turning to the same extent with Nickelback. I'm trying to decide who's worse, but I really can't decide between the two. Help, someone?
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This is a trick question, right?

Both suck. Well, the actual music would probably be bearable but when the singers open their mouths, shit just falls apart.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Nickleback. I like Creeds first album.
    I'll be back
  • im gonna have to say creed
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Mark Tremonti is actually a really great guitarist so Creed has to win.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    Both are horrible, but Nickelback is the epitome of "utter shit!"
  • Creed by far...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    both...
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • i'm utterly perplexed this is so tough i gotta get back to you
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Thanks a lot.
    I'm going to be useless for the next week while my brain processes this impossible task.
  • Creed's better - but that isn't saying much. I've said it before, but I REALLY like the song "My Own Prison" - so Creed has that going for it - which is more than I can say for Nickelback.

But I generally dislike pretty much everything else Creed/Stapp has ever done.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    If there were two piles of shit sitting on the ground, steaming, would you taste them both just to be able to say which one was worse? That's the closest I can get to answering this question.

I refuse to listen to the radio, have for years, but the girl I work with plays it on a regular basis. I just ask her to keep it well on her side of the office and to keep it low enough so that I can't hear it enough to be able to determine words and melodies. Once, when I was walking past, I'd swear I heard Cher singing. When I asked her if it was Cher, she laughed and said, "No. That's Creed!" Am I the only one that thinks that singer from Creed sounds like Cher, only a bit more fem?
    Just me
  • If I Could Turn Back Tiiiiime!!!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    This is actually a good debate. They are both unspeakably horrible in their own way. They are exactly the type of disposable crap that keeps the music industry in the sad state it's in, I would have to say Creed is worse, based on their bullshit self righteous religious idolotry
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Creed has sucked for a longer period of time. Nickleback sucks more now. My e-mail address used to be [email]creedsux@yahoodotcom
    That said..... I think hinder should be added to the discussion.[/email]
    tacos
  • Funny Story About Chad Kreuger! You will LOVE this one. town i grew up in _Grande prairie AB, had nickelback come there about 3 years back. half way through this show someone threw their shoe and hit him in the chest or side. after the show he whined he would never come back. 2 years later, lat year, he come back. a bar, hammerheads, had a shoe throwing competition and all. So, 2nsd song into show, another shoe comes flying, PINS him in the head. he walks off stage, END OF SHOW. he will NEVER be back there!! FINALLY!!!!

thought you might like that!

SO MY CHOICE IS NICKELBACK FROM EXPERIENCE!
    My life quote: "Follow The Strangest Tribe"
  • Creeds not around anymore to make us suffer so Nickelback. But I second that motion for Hinder and raise you:

Daughtry and 3 Doors Down.

Later
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Funny Story About Chad Kreuger! You will LOVE this one. town i grew up in _Grande prairie AB, had nickelback come there about 3 years back. half way through this show someone threw their shoe and hit him in the chest or side. after the show he whined he would never come back. 2 years later, lat year, he come back. a bar, hammerheads, had a shoe throwing competition and all. So, 2nsd song into show, another shoe comes flying, PINS him in the head. he walks off stage, END OF SHOW. he will NEVER be back there!! FINALLY!!!!

And a boot to the head!
    Just me
  • that story always makes me smile. sigh..... that hammerheads. too much fun. shoe throwing comp. damn that was a good night. never would go to his concert tho. wish i knew the dude that hucked it. easy to find. find the moron with only one shoe on!!
    My life quote: "Follow The Strangest Tribe"
  • Creed because Matt played drums on that hero song for spider-man soundtrack with the guy from Nickelback, making him cool by association
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
    pjayfan wrote:
    Creeds not around anymore to make us suffer so Nickelback. But I second that motion for Hinder and raise you:

Daughtry and 3 Doors Down.

Later

I'd like to throw 7 Mary 3, P.O.D, Switcfoot, and Chevelle into the mix
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

Creed because Matt played drums on that hero song for spider-man soundtrack with the guy from Nickelback, making him cool by association

No, that just dragged Matt's cred down, not boosted Nickelback's

• Both bands are terrible for these reasons,

Creed: "My Sacrifice" and its ridiculous Noahs Ark themed video, Stapp pulling himself out of the water!!!

Nickelback: "Someday" and its possibly even worse video with the "Ghost" theme running trough it.

If you have never seen these two videos then try to check them out. Honestly, they are that bad!

Also, Chad Kroegers terrible song from the first Spiderman film. Its sad to say it but for those who dont know, its Matt Cameron playing drums on that. But he's not in the video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_(Chad_Kroeger_song)
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    both are shit bands.
    but if i had to pick one that would be Creed.Only because i liked first Nickleback album
  • This is the first time i have ever seen creed and nickleback in the same sentence...I shuddered when I read it.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Funny Story About Chad Kreuger! You will LOVE this one. town i grew up in _Grande prairie AB, had nickelback come there about 3 years back. half way through this show someone threw their shoe and hit him in the chest or side. after the show he whined he would never come back. 2 years later, lat year, he come back. a bar, hammerheads, had a shoe throwing competition and all. So, 2nsd song into show, another shoe comes flying, PINS him in the head. he walks off stage, END OF SHOW. he will NEVER be back there!! FINALLY!!!!

thats the best thing ive read today! good on ya, GRAND PRAIRE!!!! let this be a lesson to other towns....shoe the shoeless! or in this case the talentless!

i once hit serial joe's lead singer in the guitar with my shoe at and edgefest! (anybody here remember them?)
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • BinGnarly wrote:
    This is the first time i have ever seen creed and nickleback in the same sentence...I shuddered when I read it.

Yea seeing this thread makes me sick.
  • It has to be the 'back. Creed were of course awful, but as someone else said Tremonti is a wicked guitarist, plus I met him and he was a proper nice bloke. As awful as Stapp's lyrics are, they are nothing compared to Kroegar's utter bilge.
  • Okay, I thought I would never be as disgusted with an artist as I am with Creed. Lately, however, I have found my stomach turning to the same extent with Nickelback. I'm trying to decide who's worse, but I really can't decide between the two. Help, someone?

don't waste your time on thinking of who's who, because both of them SUCKS, baby!
    "i forgot the words...."
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The worst is Nickelback - followed by 3 Doors Down and then Creed.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • The only thing Nickelback is good for is throwing rocks at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pksdA_sIzL8

I love Portugal!