Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Comments

• mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    New single is up on their myspace.
  • What do you guys think of the song? Me, I think it is lacking a little. It doesn't worry me about the record at all, it's just missing a little punch.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I like the song a LOT! The hollow effects, the vocal delivery...it's a nice and very "adult" departure from their usual punchy, almost violent southern rock but it's still all their sound.

I think the gents are musically growing up nicely ("Arizona" is just dead lovely).
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    The thing I love about KOL, is they are distinct..in an era where a lot of bands sound like eachother, these guys sound pretty original..and dude has great character in his singing.
  • i love the new single. it's the first time i heard a KOL song and immediately took to it. can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
  • This song is growing a little on me. I like 'Black Thumbnail' alot better. I still think this cd is gonna be huge.
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    This song is growing a little on me. I like 'Black Thumbnail' alot better. I still think this cd is gonna be huge.

I liked black thumbnail a lot better as well. That's not to say that On Call is amazing itself.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Hey, I once lost my wallet in Kalamazoo. Fuck.
  • mcfearless, going on live performances will be the best song on this album, i just hope they nailed it in the studio
  • mcfearless, going on live performances will be the best song on this album, i just hope they nailed it in the studio

I heard it a few times, but lost the mp3. It was a cool song, don't remember too much of it.
  • Excellent news about the new album. Also think the new song on their myspace page is great. Looking forward to hearing some more.

I'm listening to the Live EP right now called Day Old Belgian Blues and it's got a sweet version of Trani as the closing track and it also includes one of my favorites Taper Jean Girl.

I've caught KOL twice live in concert (once on their first tour and another time a few days after Aha was released) and they definitely bring it.
  • "On Call" is now available at iTunes.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Can't understand the negatives on Aha... I like both the first 2 albums but Aha is far and away the better of the two...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • UKDave wrote:
    Can't understand the negatives on Aha... I like both the first 2 albums but Aha is far and away the better of the two...

I wouldn't say it's far and away better than Y&YMH. There's no way you can overlook songs like: Joe's Head, Spiral Staircase, Trani, Dusty, and Genius. Those songs alone are simply amazing.

Compared to ASH which has songs like: Slow Night, So Long, King of the Rodeo, Milk, Day Old Blues, Rememo, Pistol of Fire.

I would give ASH the slightest of the slightest edge.
  • Wow these new songs sound fucking cool, loving the vocals in On Call. Surely one of the most original bands around at the minute.
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    UKDave wrote:

Damn straight! I prefer Aha... as well
    From the very first listen I fell in love, from the first bars of 'Slow Night, So Long' somethng clicked

I was lucky enough to hear 4-5 new songs when KoL were down under with PJ and god damn they were brilliant
    Black Thumbnail, Arizona, McFearless and On call were played every night i saw them.
    We are going to be treated royally when this album is released
    Oh yes the KINGS OF LEON will be your new favourite band :)
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Ok, so "On Call" sounds alot better from iTunes. I'm really digging it now. Like someone else said, it will fit better on the album.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Got my tickets for the 15 th April today..Whoo!!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • love their music...can't wait for the new album. i wish they would support pj in munich...but that probably won't happen...
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007

album leaked, i havnt heard yet, but im looking forward to seeing if my prediction was true..

whos got it ?
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I just downloaded it. Haven't had a chance to listen yet at work though.

Can't wait though.
  • well its a pretty great album, and yep.. mcfearless might be the highlight, reminds me of bloc party... but its uh, better.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Alrighty...who's gonna be the bearer of Valentine's gifts and share???
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • 1/2 way through, and I think it's pretty damn good.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I'm loving the new album. Knocked Up is a great long opener.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • arizona is nothing short of amazing
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • This album confirms that Kings of Leon are the best rock 'n' roll band borne of the 2000s...

Dave
  • listening now, this ablum is gonna get raped for months, lovein it
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    amazing album.. i liked the last one but not like this.. there are some kick ass tracks on this new one.. its really good
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Arizona - fucking WOW!