Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Comments

• KellerKeller Posts: 177
    niall wrote:
    I must admit this is my fav KOL album by far. The start of the album is quite dark and I really like it. The sreaming of the second track caught me off guard though!

I love the screaming and the "ohhh oh ohh ohhh ohhhh oh"'s
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Charmer, one of my favs
    But seriously what an album, cant wait to actually own the Cd
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
    FROM ROLLING STONE---

And “Arizona?”

“I can’t really get into this one,” Caleb sighs. “This one’s kind of bad. I love the desert and I hold Arizona close to my heart, but me and Nathan went there and we had quite a few different substances, and we decided to go to this brothel. I guess I am telling you, aren’t I? This is a real heartbreaker.

“We walked in and I looked around and there was one young girl who was so beautiful that all I could think was, ‘What happened in her life that could bring her here?’ as opposed to, ‘Yeah! I’ll take that one!”

So you left?

“No, I took an ugly one. I knew how she ended up there.”
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I hope the band includes the lyrics with the cd. I can't wait to get the real cd. I bet alot of people music still go out and buy the actual cds.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I hope the band includes the lyrics with the cd. I can't wait to get the real cd. I bet alot of people music still go out and buy the actual cds.
    I'm all about hard copy.

Nothing beats it and if the music is good and good to me, I have no issue with paying for it.

It's the very least I can do.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    the On Call B-side is great. too bad PJ never released B sides for Avocado.

But You Might Die Trying
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    love this record! can't wait for the show ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • anyone catch them the on Late Show?? they were very good, very tight, great sound.

mp3 of the performance would be kool if anyone has it.
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    This thing is 7.99 at Best Buy. I don't think you can beat that.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    I just picked up tickets to the Chicago show. So far my most anticipated show of the year.
  • the On Call B-side is great. too bad PJ never released B sides for Avocado.
    not yet at least.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    cool band of brothers ;]
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I had no idea how young they were! one of em's like 19 eh?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:

I think Jared is 19. [bass]
    Release day!!

It's finally here in the US.

But You Might Die Trying
    Yeah boy, I picked it up this morning. Look at that inside pic! Looks very familiar.
  • p icked it up todya

its fucking amazing, i love it , it has such a great sound

i love Arizona , Knocked up, On call , and Fans a lot !!!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
    woot! i can't wait to hear this live!
    kdpjam wrote:
    woot! i can't wait to hear this live!

Hell yeah man! June 7th is gonna be my first time seeing them live.
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Zoso wrote:
    The Charmer sounds exactly like a Pixies song. he rythum and all spot on.
    I just did search for Pixies in this thread because I knew someone had to have brought this up already.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i grabbed this and the silversun pickups cd yesterday and they're both excellent.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    bharQ wrote:

i think he only picked the bass up 5 years ago and this is his third album :eek:

McFearless is fucking amazing.. the whole album is fantastic... roll on June for the new White Stripes and i'm a happy man :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Baystone wrote:
    I just did search for Pixies in this thread because I knew someone had to have brought this up already.

It's in no way a rip off of the pixies I don't think... but if you mention them I'd say "Planet of Sound" by the Pixies comes to mind when I hear Charmer
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    bharQ wrote:
    It's in no way a rip off of the pixies I don't think... but if you mention them I'd say "Planet of Sound" by the Pixies comes to mind when I hear Charmer
    Nah, it's not a rip-off, it just has that same feeling as a pixies song. I don't know the Pixies that well, but they came to mind when i first listened to charmer.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    because of the times is fucking awesome !!!!
    I didn't know this band. Since everybody on this board seemed to like them, I bought their new album yesterday... thanks to everybody for the piece of advice. They are really really good... And I'm going to see them in Werchter, the same day as PJ is playing !!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    bharQ wrote:

yeah i can understand that. i think it's the bassline.
    i like KoL way more than i like pixies but i like 'planet of sound' more than i like 'charmer'.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    yeah i can understand that. i think it's the bassline.
    i like KoL way more than i like pixies but i like 'planet of sound' more than i like 'charmer'.

In agreeance but Charmer is fucking awesome though, as is the whole album, I cant stop listening, fucking blown away by the first 4 tracks, the rest of the album aint quite as good as those, but fuck me if it was then I'd be calling this the best album since V's.

Actually Bone Machine comes to mind more than Planet of Sound to me personally.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    While on semi-pixies talk... you guys should check out Frank's new solo album Bluefinger.. some say some of the tracks were for the now shelfed new pixies album.. and you can tell.. it's not better than any pixies albums but its definitely up there with his best solo work!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    In agreeance but Charmer is fucking awesome though, as is the whole album, I cant stop listening, fucking blown away by the first 4 tracks, the rest of the album aint quite as good as those, but fuck me if it was then I'd be calling this the best album since V's.

Actually Bone Machine comes to mind more than Planet of Sound to me personally.

what is it about the charmer that makes you think of bone machine?

but whatever pixies song 'the charmer' reminds us of, the general consensus is yep it sounds like pixies. this morning in my paper a reviewer said,'... the charmer follows immediately with a bass line and urgent scream that repositions the pixies for the southern rock set....'
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    There was an interview recently in which Caleb stated that he has been writing new songs already.

I'll post it in a min.

Kings Of Leon working on new material
    Caleb's writing the follow up to 'Because Of The Times'
    42 minutes ago

Despite their new album having been released just a week ago, Kings of Leon are already well into writing material that may well feature on their fourth record.

Speaking to NME.COM, frontman Caleb Followill revealed he has been working on brand new material but is avoiding adding lyrics just yet.

"I'm writing stuff right now, but I'm trying not to write the lyrics because as soon as they' lyrics are written we're going to want tp play it. Our record's ( 'Because Of The Times') been finished for about a year and we've been sitting her twiddling our thumbs waiting for the label to put it out, so we're ready to continue on writing songs.

Having entered the UK charts at number one, the album is one that Followill is currently proud of

"For the most part, if I can listen to it and not jump off a bridge, then I think it's good' he reveals 'I don't sit around listening to our music, but the other day my cousin wanted to hear it, and so I put it on and it was the first time I listened to it since we recorded it sounded good and fresh and I was proud of it."