Silverchair.......wow

Comments

• larslars Posts: 524
    you feel the same about pearl jam i assume? straight lines is getting as much play as any pearl jam single in the last 10 years.
    Pearl Jam don´t need airplay to prove their success, silverchair do. Period!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    lars wrote:

why? what is the difference between the two that you can hold such double standards?
  • RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
    lars wrote:
    Both reasons. The new silverchair aint any good or else it would have had some sort of airplay. Silverchair should change their sound in a dropped-d tuning with extremely heavy distortion to enhance their sound.

LARS - I work in the RADIO business, site is at http://www.wcyt.org by the way, check out our top 20.

Also, go here http://w2.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Charts.asp?format=r3M and look for Silverchair. THIS IS BASED OFF OF EVERY ALTERNATIVE ROCK STATIONS PLAYLIST...SO IT APPEARS TO BE GETTING SOME AIRPLAY.

Just so you know, this is the highest Silverchair has been in the USA since the release of "Ana's Song (OPEN FIRE)" in 1999.

WHAT NOW?

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    lars wrote:

so you are saying TEN didn't get any air play?
  • lars wrote:

So I guess the millions and millions of albums sold overseas don't mean anything?
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    For years, Silverchair was my favorite band I had never seen live. Now that I have seen them twice, they are my favorite band that I badly want to see again........and again.
    Romanza wrote:
    LARS - I work in the RADIO business, site is at http://www.wcyt.org by the way, check out our top 20.

Also, go here http://w2.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Charts.asp?format=r3M and look for Silverchair. THIS IS BASED OFF OF EVERY ALTERNATIVE ROCK STATIONS PLAYLIST...SO IT APPEARS TO BE GETTING SOME AIRPLAY.

Just so you know, this is the highest Silverchair has been in the USA since the release of "Ana's Song (OPEN FIRE)" in 1999.

WHAT NOW?
    First argument I can use
    so you are saying TEN didn't get any air play?
    Ten got alot of airplay both radio and videowise and it was probably also their best record. With this record they put themselves in a situation where they didnt need radio airplay to prove themselves. Silverchair on the other hand never had same sort of radio exposure (only a couple of frogstomp tunes) but they certainly have a lot to prove radio and videowise. They´ve never been in a situation where they could say no to videos like PJ did.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I love the new silverchair album a bit more everyday....amazing album.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • lars wrote:
    Ten...was probably also their best record.

seriously, just stop talking. youre obviously clueless about music and allow MTV and clearchannel to determine what it is good music, which basically tells us that you dont have a mind of your own.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • lars wrote:
    Ten got alot of airplay both radio and videowise and it was probably also their best record. With this record they put themselves in a situation where they didnt need radio airplay to prove themselves. Silverchair on the other hand never had same sort of radio exposure (only a couple of frogstomp tunes) but they certainly have a lot to prove radio and videowise. They´ve never been in a situation where they could say no to videos like PJ did.

I think the proved themselves when Tomorrow was the most played song on all of radio the year it was released.

Ten is Pearl Jams BEST album? It sold the most, but that doesn't make it the best. No Code or Yield are probably the best albums to represent Pearl Jam at it's best (Binaural is my personal favorite) because all of the songs feel the same like they belong together. Ten doesn't have the same feel.
    lowlight10 wrote:
    seriously, just stop talking. youre obviously clueless about music and allow MTV and clearchannel to determine what it is good music, which basically tells us that you dont have a mind of your own.
    Get real and stop living a juvenile life....try argueing if you can
    I think the proved themselves when Tomorrow was the most played song on all of radio the year it was released.

Ten is Pearl Jams BEST album? It sold the most, but that doesn't make it the best. No Code or Yield are probably the best albums to represent Pearl Jam at it's best (Binaural is my personal favorite) because all of the songs feel the same like they belong together. Ten doesn't have the same feel.
    The most played song....show me the numbers. I know it had some airplay but nothing compared to pearl jams alive, jeremy, etc. You´re plain boring
  • why must a song be played on the radio all day everyday for you to accept it as good? seems to me that you may be missing out on a lot of good music by that logic
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Romanza wrote:
    I totally did not ever look into DIORAMA or YOUNG MODERN, but "Straight Lines" got me into them. So I have been getting back into them, and watched some You Tube....

...so I know that this is in Melbourne (where they are absolute GODS), but this is pretty badass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrI-AC1lfHc

Reminds me of Eddie and controlling the crowd!

I'm not a big Silverchair fan, and I only own Frogstomp and Freak Show.... so I'm interested in all the hype they've been getting around here lately. I somewhat enjoyed the two mentioned albums back in the day, but haven't listened to them in a long time. I want to believe that they are an amazing band now, but if that clip is supposed to turn me onto them... then it failed miserably! No offense to anyone... but imo that song sucked, his voice sucked... 'we are the youth'.. give me a break!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    JSP552003 wrote:
    why must a song be played on the radio all day everyday for you to accept it as good? seems to me that you may be missing out on a lot of good music by that logic
    no I´m not....I´m talking specifically about silverchair....nincompoop
  • I love the first two albums. Neon Ballroom was good, but not as good as the previous discs. I didn't like anything after that. Maybe I'll check out the new disc.

Bummed to hear that they won't play anything off of Frogstomp anymore, as that really is an amazing album.
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • lars wrote:
    no I´m not....I´m talking specifically about silverchair....nincompoop

haha just out of curiosity, how old are you?

so now you're saying bands don't have to be on the radio to be good? just silverchair right?
    JSP552003 wrote:

so now you're saying bands don't have to be on the radio to be good? just silverchair right?
    no just not pearl jam....you sound like a lesbo
  • haha wow i'm gonna say that you're 11? 12?

so that brings us back to my original question....why must a song be played on the radio all day everyday for you to accept it as good?
  • lars wrote:
    no just not pearl jam....you sound like a lesbo

Dude what is your problem. We're all Pearl Jam fans here but what you are doing is holding them up to a different standard. Get real
    JSP552003 wrote:

No just not pearl jam...and just out of curiosity how tall are you? ...and to the moderator...stop erasing my posts.
  • lars wrote:
    No just not pearl jam...and just out of curiosity how tall are you? ...and to the moderator...stop erasing my posts.

Telling the moderator what to do is always a good way to get what you want. Good plan. Maybe if you quit with personal attacks, like calling people a "lesbo", your post wouldn't get deleted.

You asked for proof of their succes w/ "Tomorrow"

From the bands official bio:

The band changed its name from Innocent Criminals to Silverchair and in August 1994 they released their winning demo - a track called "Tomorrow". The song eventually spent six weeks at #1 on the Australian singles charts and 20 weeks in the top 10. In 1995 it became the most played song of the year on U.S. modern rock radio.
    Telling the moderator what to do is always a good way to get what you want. Good plan. Maybe if you quit with personal attacks, like calling people a "lesbo", your post wouldn't get deleted.

You asked for proof of their succes w/ "Tomorrow"

From the bands official bio:

The band changed its name from Innocent Criminals to Silverchair and in August 1994 they released their winning demo - a track called "Tomorrow". The song eventually spent six weeks at #1 on the Australian singles charts and 20 weeks in the top 10. In 1995 it became the most played song of the year on U.S. modern rock radio.
    It´s just a sexual preference....ease down.....and give me some billboard charts. Anyways try not comparing Silverchairs success with PJs
  • lars wrote:
    It´s just a sexual preference....ease down.....and give me some billboard charts. Anyways try not comparing Silverchairs success with PJs

Look, I'm a much bigger fan of Pearl Jam than of Silverchair, but Pearl Jam has never had a song be the most played song of a year---Silverchair has.

And for the record, I'm not digging shit up for you. You have the internet look it up yourself. You won't though, because you will see you were wrong.
  • lars wrote:

haha i like how you ignored my question again...oh and i'm 6'7" by the way

so i'll ask it again....why must a song be played on the radio all day everyday for you to accept it as good?
  • JSP552003 wrote:
    haha i like how you ignored my question again...oh and i'm 6'7" by the way

so i'll ask it again....why must a song be played on the radio all day everyday for you to accept it as good?

6'6" here...fuck yeah

By his logic "Last Kiss" is Pearl Jam's best song.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    6'6" here...fuck yeah

By his logic "Last Kiss" is Pearl Jam's best song.

havent you been reading? this rule does not apply to pearl jam, or any other band he likes. it only applies to silverchair becos it is an easy and convenient means for him to attempt to justify his dismissal of a great band and make it look objective.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Trailer wrote:
    I'm not a big Silverchair fan, and I only own Frogstomp and Freak Show.... so I'm interested in all the hype they've been getting around here lately. I somewhat enjoyed the two mentioned albums back in the day, but haven't listened to them in a long time. I want to believe that they are an amazing band now, but if that clip is supposed to turn me onto them... then it failed miserably! No offense to anyone... but imo that song sucked, his voice sucked... 'we are the youth'.. give me a break!

Well here's a new song of young modern live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9z8ifAXc7k
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • JSP552003 wrote:
    ....why must a song be played on the radio all day everyday for you to accept it as good?

a) because he doesnt have a mind of his own.

b) stop giving him attention and he'll vanish "like a fart in the wind."
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?