great music egos

13»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm Rick James.......BITCH!!!!!!!

cocaine's a helluva drug....hehehe
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    The gallaghers are pathetic little oiks, their music is shit, noel is your standard wanker.

Axl Rose is a fuckin King, he can do as he likes.
  • Love his music and have no real beef with him, but Bono for sure. He's just a smidge full o' himself
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Axl Rose is a Bellend lol

That guy out of Van Halen's a bit of a dick as well, forgot about him.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • elmer wrote:
    The gallaghers are pathetic little oiks, their music is shit, noel is your standard wanker.

Axl Rose is a fuckin King, he can do as he likes.

Axl WAS the king. Now, he's just a fat-faced, dreadlocked dude who can't seem to finish an album without Slash....who was, in my humble opinion, the biggest reason GNR became what it did. Liken his role to the old saying offense sells tickets and defense wins games....Slash was and is one hell of a middle linebacker in that case
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    For the real egos look to the greats;
    Jimmy Page - self produced Zeppelin and changed engineers so know one would get credit for Zeppelin's sound but him,
    Jagger and Richards - ran Brian Jones out of the band,
    Bob Dylan - doesn't give a rats ass about fans who've paid good money to see him live and does whatever he wants regardless of how self indulgent it may be,
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    surferdude wrote:
    Bob Dylan - doesn't give a rats ass about fans who've paid good money to see him live and does whatever he wants regardless of how self indulgent it may be,
    Bob never claimed to be making music for anyone but himself. why should he have to pander to people? they don't own him.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Bob never claimed to be making music for anyone but himself. why should he have to pander to people? they don't own him.
    I fully appreciate what he's done in the studio. My reference was to how his ego affects his live shows. He's touring, the very act is making music for others who've paid good ahrd earned money for it. Not giving a shit about them takes a tremendous ego. The fans don't own him but when you've bought a concert ticket you are owed services by the band, unfortunately Bob doesn't give a rats ass about the quality or content of the service he provides.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    surferdude wrote:
    I fully appreciate what he's done in the studio. My reference was to how his ego affects his live shows. He's touring, the very act is making music for others who've paid good ahrd earned money for it. Not giving a shit about them takes a tremendous ego. The fans don't own him but when you've bought a concert ticket you are owed services by the band, unfortunately Bob doesn't give a rats ass about the quality or content of the service he provides.

i'm not sure what your complaint is here? no banter? poor setlists? short shows? what's wrong with his live shows? i've never seen him and am only a casual dylan fan so im just curious.
  • stu gee wrote:
    He's a fraud. Run to your mansion Marilyn!

One of my favorite rumors of MM's is that he played the dorky character Paul Pfeiffer on the tv show 'The Wonder Years.'
    i'm not sure what your complaint is here? no banter? poor setlists? short shows? what's wrong with his live shows? i've never seen him and am only a casual dylan fan so im just curious.
    His setlist selection can be awful. He never lets not being in tune stop him, no matter how bad it sounds. He basically does not practice with his band. He basically doesn't give a shit if he's any good on a particular night. With his songs and experience he should be a legend live but he's not and it's his own fault. Compare Dylan live to an artist like Neil Young. I may not always agree with his setlist selection but at least he gives her live and cares about the outcome.

Be as self-indulgent as you want on record. But please give a damn when playing for your paying fans. I don't think it's asking too much.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • David Lee Roth is king of the music ego.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    surferdude wrote:
    Jimmy Page - self produced Zeppelin and changed engineers so know one would get credit for Zeppelin's sound but him,

Is that ego, or intelligence. Page knew what he wanted, and more times than not, he knew as much or more than the engineers. Page has always come off as one of the more humble rock stars, imo. I am sure he has some kinda ego, he's a rock star, but he is nowhere near as egotistical as anybody else on here.

Edit: Maybe he did have a bit of an ego, since he would always hire the cream of the crop to engineer, and then outdo them.

My favorite is the story of the producer tellin Page revers echo wasn't possible, but Page had already used it years before.
    ejny wrote:
    One of my favorite rumors of MM's is that he played the dorky character Paul Pfeiffer on the tv show 'The Wonder Years.'

Yeah i heard that years ago. Wish it was true!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • lisamlisam Posts: 75
    cutback wrote:
    wow, 8 posts in and no sting......

1 vote from me, especially after all the political campaigning he does and then finding out (through wanting to go) to their concert that a ticket is as much as AU$250. I guess he has changed his mind and is not trying to help increase world poverty for everyone but himself.

Also the guys from Jet are supposedly egotistical bastards
    Shot me with your funk gun
    Johnny Borrel from Razorlight is a prick as well.
  • lisam wrote:
    1 vote from me, especially after all the political campaigning he does and then finding out (through wanting to go) to their concert that a ticket is as much as AU$250. I guess he has changed his mind and is not trying to help increase world poverty for everyone but himself.

Also the guys from Jet are supposedly egotistical bastards

Yeah, when I realized how much Police tickets were going for I wasn't going to help Sting add a wing to his Chateau......fuck him.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-