great music egos

Comments

• Axl- Complete wanker who has not turned up to concerts (and caused riots) but is a rock and roll legend who has helped to write some of the best rocks songs heard.
    Billy Corgan- Egotistical wanker but great guitarist and songwriter.
    Liam Gallagher-Got lucky that his brother could write such great songs, but is a bit of a loveable larrikin.
    Scott Stapp- Had the world at his feet but his bandmates left and found themselves a better singer, even if they don't sell half the albums. Called Mark Tremonti a "wanker" on air in Columbus.
    Bono-Does some great work but certainly has a "God complex". I don't like him but I certainly prefer him to any of the other guys listed in this thread.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    stu gee wrote:
    Bono - A fine example of a complete wanker.

oh, i so agree with you dude. I can't stand the guys face, everything about him is so annoying.
    I'd say Madonna, she tries to look like a "high class lady". I just can't stand her!
    axl rose- the mother of all rock prima donnas. he's moody, he sometimes fucks over his audience. but has anyone ever written a more rock and roll love song than sweet child of mine?

oh, i'd most certainly fuck him, but only once or twice, cause i'd hate to have a boyfriend like him.

talking of his love songs this is my favourite, and yes i see this moment as a great opportunity to post it here

Talk to me softly
    There is something in your eyes
    Don't hang your head in sorrow
    And please don't cry
    I know how you feel inside I've
    I've been there before
    Somethin is changin' inside you
    And don't you know

Don't you cry tonight
    I still love you baby
    Don't you cry tonight
    Don't you cry tonight
    There's a heaven above you baby
    And don't you cry tonight

Give me a whisper
    And give me a sign
    Give me a kiss before you
    tell me goodbye
    Don't you take it so hard now
    And please don't take it so bad
    I'll still be thinkin' of you
    And the times we had...baby

Don't you cry tonight
    Don't you cry tonight
    There's a heaven above you baby

And please remember that I never lied
    And please remember
    how I felt inside now honey
    You gotta make it your own way
    But you'll be alright now sugar
    You'll feel better tomorrow
    Come the morning light now baby
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Americans are too stupid to grasp the humor of the Gallagher brothers.

Nice.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    zenith wrote:
    yknow with this and another thread about axl rose here - i wonder, why do people still follow him around and indulge his wierdness and self obsessed behaviour - you'd have to pay me one hell of a lot to sniff a room and walk out and keep a straight face in the process.

I think id be saying '....i can smell a huge pill of ... hhhmm ... i think it may be ... hhhmmm .... shit.....

oh wait - thats just you....'

Surely he cant have that much money left after going thru muso after muso, paying for this non existant cd, and the lastest tour. I dont know about america, but in australia he coped the crapest reviews ive ever seen.

I used to be a pretty big fan around the appitite era, but after they toured here the first time back then, i was so disapointed and disgusted with what i think was the worst performance ive ever seen i hardly listenend to them again.

I have always hated Guns N Roses, even before i realised how much of a prick that Axl was. Its just everything about them. I dont like their sound at all, the guitars or Axl's voice. Slash is obviously a great guitarist but i hated his style completely.

On a side note, i remember in the pub ages ago when i was going on about how much i hated Axl Foley, and how arrogant and childish he seemed. I think most were confused about how someone could possibly have so much hostility towards this ficticious character.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Kid Rock's new album is disgusting and Pretty much every rapper ever!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Kid Rock's new album is disgusting and Pretty much every rapper ever!

disgusting how? when wasn't he disgusting? though i hear devil without a cause is a pretty good album...

there's a lot of good rap out there... but there are also a lot of huge egos in rap ;)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    genie wrote:
    oh, i'd most certainly fuck him, but only once or twice, cause i'd hate to have a boyfriend like him.

you can play rocket queen and pretend... i read in rolling stone that the moans on there are actually from axl fucking the guitarist's girlfriend in the studio on a microphone.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Although I love Marc Bolan's work - even his early pixie bollocks and his later, Gloria Jones-era coke shite - he had the most spectacularly humongous ego in the history of the universe. He once said,

"If God were to appear in my room, obviously I would be in awe, but I don't think I would be humble. I might cry, but I think he would dig me like crazy."
    Hahahaha! That's a classic! I can absolutely visualize him saying it too :D
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Trent Reznor......
    Musical genius but a complete dickhead.

Billy Corgan....
    As above.

Bono....
    Arse.

I'm sure there's more. Just can't be bothered to think about them :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I enjoy Liam and Noel. They actually believe they are the best band in the world. I mean I would consider myself an above average Oasis fan. I would never say they are the best band in the world, but there is a certain charm to them that doesn't mind them thinking they are. I mean if Nickelback said that I would laugh, but something about Liam and Noel I really don't mind it. Mabye it's the british accent...
    Liam is a dislikeable twat because he's not very intelligent. Noel on the other hand I find highly likeable, especially for his arrogance. I could watch interviews with that man all day for comedy entertainment value. He's pure brilliance. I don't even rate his music that much but I think he has the best balance between egotism and good nature.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    Everyone in Van Halen. :D
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    I could see the fookin' cogs turnin' round, man. Tops. Mad fer it. :D

that is fookin hilarious

:)
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Manson is a very intelligent guy. He can do whatever he wants.
  • mak.mak. Posts: 56
    Gustavo Cerati from Soda Stereo... i guess no one knows him but, he fits the profile.
    roll them high...
    throw them again...
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Lars Ulrich does a good job at pissing people off with his ego (along with bonogallaghersaxl but everyone already named them).
    And to the person who quoted "don't cry"? Every time I hear that song I remember axl's performances with his too little to tight shorts, his dreadlocks, and I cringe.
    Kann wrote:
    Lars Ulrich does a good job at pissing people off with his ego (along with bonogallaghersaxl but everyone already named them).
    And to the person who quoted "don't cry"? Every time I hear that song I remember axl's performances with his too little to tight shorts, his dreadlocks, and I cringe.

i would cringe too, i think i've seen him at a TV music show once with his dreadlocks, maaaan looks nothing like he used to fucking that kind of guy would be a nightmare....well i just wouldn't be able to get aroused that's all.

he needs to loose some weight, loose the dreadlocks, dress metal, and do something about his oily skin!
    you can play rocket queen and pretend... i read in rolling stone that the moans on there are actually from axl fucking the guitarist's girlfriend in the studio on a microphone.

are you sure it was rocket queen?!, i did hear one song of his where at the very end there was woman moaning, but i don't know what song it was.

as for pretending...hhmmmmm, nah, i like the real thing ;) i've been pretending for far too long in my life, i seriously feel like a nun. i could've probably had better lay than Axl, and the only reason why i fancy Axl, is because i saw this cashier guy at my college ( who looked like Axl but better ), but i was too insecure about the way i look to ask him out. :(
  • knittedknitted Posts: 244
    wow, this is a pretty comprehensive list of ego madness so far... the gallaghers (i'm sure i CAN argue their first 2 albums!), sting, billy, trent, axl, ryan, bono - the gangs all here! jeeze imagine all these guys in one room!

and then invite courtney love to join them.

http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
    knitted wrote:
    wow, this is a pretty comprehensive list of ego madness so far... the gallaghers (i'm sure i CAN argue their first 2 albums!), sting, billy, trent, axl, ryan, bono - the gangs all here! jeeze imagine all these guys in one room!

and then invite courtney love to join them.

it would be pretty cool to put them all in one room and see how they going to get on with each other ;)
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Manson is a very intelligent guy. He can do whatever he wants.

He's a fraud. Run to your mansion Marilyn!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Roger Waters-claimed Pink Floyd was his, and he could barely play his instrument?

you are craziness itself!:(

taht oasis guy is a stupid and arrogant !@#!$@ and I hate his music too!

I saw him on TV telling the interviewer he was the most important character in rock-history... IT WAS NO JOKE:mad:
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    They should do a "Surreal Life" type show with Axl and Courtney locked in a room. I bet you Axl would end up killing her.
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    Manson is a very intelligent guy. He can do whatever he wants.
    He certainly seems to think so.
  • Matt Good
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:

Roger Waters-claimed Pink Floyd was his, and he could barely play his instrument?

That band was Syd's, but I respect Roger Waters immensely.
  • I'm Rick James.......BITCH!!!!!!!
    the Minions
  • Maynard is pretty much an asshole.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009