Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol that would be cool
    count me in :D
  • Options
    edved13edved13 Posts: 67
    Is the show officially sold out yet? Does anyone have 2 extras for the Beacon??
  • Options
    versus51versus51 Posts: 32
    Several comments / observations here:

1. I think Lucy deserves major kudos too! FYI: When i spoke to her yesterday I advised her that she was now a "legend" in pj circles. In response, she gave me a nervous laugh and in turn I quickly gave her my CC digits b4 i scared her away.

2. I got the $350 seats, which from all of the feedback seems to be lower balcony??? Now, I have not been to the beacon before but I have been studying both pictures and seating charts and it seems to be only 3 levels. (ticketmaster chart v. detailed seating chart) So, I am confused as to where the lower balcony is - (a) on the second tier in back of the lodge or (b) on the upper tier, in front of the upper balcony. (as i think we can rule out on the floor) Mind you, I am just SOOOOOO thankful to be in, it really does not matter! Whats u peeps think?

3. Honestly, are you all dressing a bit better than MSG shows?
    9/29/96 R.Isle, 8/28/98 Camden, 9/10/98 MSG, 8/24+25/00 J.Bch, 9/2/00 Camden, 10/22/00 Vegas, 4/28/03 Philly, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8+9/03 MSG, 6/6/03 Vegas, 9/28/04 Bstn, 10/8/04 Kisime, 9/24+25/05 StJohn, 9/30/05 AC, 5/4/06 E.Sullivan, 6/1+3/06 E.Ruthfrd, 12/9/07 Hawaii, 6/24/08 MSG, 7/1/08 Beacon!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    versus51 wrote:

1. I think Lucy deserves major kudos too! FYI: When i spoke to her yesterday I advised her that she was now a "legend" in pj circles. In response, she gave me a nervous laugh and in turn I quickly gave her my CC digits b4 i scared her away.

2. I got the $350 seats, which from all of the feedback seems to be lower balcony??? Now, I have not been to the beacon before but I have been studying both pictures and seating charts and it seems to be only 3 levels. (ticketmaster chart v. detailed seating chart) So, I am confused as to where the lower balcony is - (a) on the second tier in back of the lodge or (b) on the upper tier, in front of the upper balcony. (as i think we can rule out on the floor) Mind you, I am just SOOOOOO thankful to be in, it really does not matter! Whats u peeps think?

a.. lucy is mad cool

b.. dont know

c..yes
  • Options
    edved13 wrote:
    Is the show officially sold out yet? Does anyone have 2 extras for the Beacon??

not sure, i just called the number, and the recording still says tickets are available for donors. try emailing...
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2005 - Toronto, Mexico City (x2)
    2006 - DC, NYC Avalon (Storytellers), E Rutherford (x2), SF (x3)
    2007 - Chicago (Lollapalooza)
    2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden (x2), DC, NYC MSG (x2), EV DC (x2)
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
    2011 - EV SF (x2), Toronto (x2)
  • Options
    versus51 wrote:

1. I haven't even talked to her and I love her :D

2. from what I worked out from the photo and map, it's (b).
    if you look at the fine print at the bottom of the detailed chart (see a few posts up), it says the Lodge, 1 level up, overhanging row O of the orchestra and the lower/upper balcony, 2 levels up, overhanging row M...fits with the photos and the rows numbering... and so both in term of view and acoustics (having a level overhanging above your head is never good for the sound), I think the lower balcony is the winner of the 'cheaper' prices

3. not me..
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Pegasus wrote:
    1. I haven't even talked to her and I love her :D

2. from what I worked out from the photo and map, it's (b). if you look at the fine print at the bottom of the detailed chart (see a few ), it says the Lodge, 1 level up, overhanging row O and the lower/upper balcony, 2 levels up, overhanging row M...fits with the photos, teh rows numbering... and so both in term of view and acoustics (having a level overhanging above your head is never good for the sound), I think the lower balcony is the winner of the 'cheaper' prices

3. not me..

I've been to The Beacon a few times, and believe me, just about every seat in the place is great! Should be a magical night!!!
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I've been to The Beacon a few times, and believe me, just about every seat in the place is great! Should be a magical night!!!
    I didn't say the others were bad, I'm sure they aren't..but it 'seems' the best value for money :p
    http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/images/beacontheater/beacon1.jpg
    in this I think you can see the lower balcony in front of the upper.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    I've been to The Beacon a few times, and believe me, just about every seat in the place is great!

I do not agree with that. The upper is really an upper balcony and being under the loge in the orch can be annoying due to the background noise
    Should be a magical night!!!

that I agree with
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Get_Right wrote:
    I do not agree with that. The upper is really an upper balcony and being under the loge in the orch can be annoying due to the background noise

that I agree with

Fair enough. I'm just happy I'll be there.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    by the way

the poster says DOORS 8pm
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    by the way

thanks for the info!
    sure, we'd all know june 16th when we get our tix, but nice to know now to make dinner plans! :D

yes, i am hungry right now!
    :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    by the way

awesome
    the DOORS are opening

sweet

;)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    by the way

this is already the 2nd or 3rd
    reference to " the poster says ",.........
    ( since your return )

is this the advertisement you speak of, from the village voice ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this is already the 2nd or 3rd
    reference to " the poster says ",.........
    ( since your return )

is this the advertisement you speak of, from the village voice ?

A poster/invitation was sent to members of robin hood announcing the show

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-poster-Beacon-Theater-NYC-July-1-2008_W0QQitemZ330240835766QQihZ014QQcategoryZ108857QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

here it is
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:

oh thanks
    that i had not seen.
    the one i referred to was a trojan dude
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    CaptainCalli24CaptainCalli24 Queens, NY Posts: 326
    Still Havent Spoken To Lucy Or Anybody From Robinhood...i Left My First On Wednesday Night...second On Friday And My Third And Final Message Was Left Yesterday Morning....is It Sold Out Yet???...what The F***
    Nassau 4/30/03
    Irving Plaza 5/5/06
    Continental 6/1/06 6/3/06
    Chicago 8/5/07
    Camden2 6/20/08
    MSG 6/24/08 6/25/08
    Beacon Theatre 7/1/08
    Philly 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Hartford 5/15/10
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/3/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
    Philly 10/21/13
    Hartford 10/25/13
    Seattle 12/6/13
    Colbert 9/23/15
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philly 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    MSG 5/1/16, 5/2/16
    Fenway 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/2/18, 8/4/18
    Asbury Park 9/18/21
    Apollo 9/10/22
    Chicago 9/5/23,9/7/23
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 514
    Any chance we can count on a bootleg?

If they have any doubts about doing it maybe we can convince them that all the proceeds should be given to Robin Hood...
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    whats the deal??

no more phone calls
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    whats the deal??

no more phone calls

yeah is it sold out? a buddy of mine tried to email for tickets yesterday and was told that they are now only selling tickets to existing RH donors...
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
  • Options
    yeah is it sold out? a buddy of mine tried to email for tickets yesterday and was told that they are now only selling tickets to existing RH donors...

My guess is that all of the PJ fans donating for the 1st time and snapping up tix left few seats remaining for the existing RH donors, so the foundation is trying to keep some open for them

As the event gets closer, if donors haven't bought all the tix, they may open up again to new donors

Just a guess
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    my card got charged yesterday... im super excited...
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    My guess is that all of the PJ fans donating for the 1st time and snapping up tix left few seats remaining for the existing RH donors, so the foundation is trying to keep some open for them

As the event gets closer, if donors haven't bought all the tix, they may open up again to new donors

Just a guess

yeah, thats what i was thinking, and makes sense.
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Wooooooo!!!!

just got my call-back, snatched up a 250$ ticket, was told 350$ and 500$ were sold out

fyi, after waiting in torture since wednesday, I finally made a leap of faith and made my donation yesterday afternoon around 3, got my callback at 10:38 this morning

SEE EVERYONE THERE!!
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

Just a guess

makes total sense and i would think the same. it's a robin hood thing that pearl jam is participating in, not a pearl jam thing with proceeds to robin hood, ya know? there is a difference. so it stands to reason they hold some tix for their long-term members.

personally, i still don't think there are many 'cheap seats' left in any case, b/c there aren;t that many lower/upper balcony seats, period. i am sure they have plenty of the 2500k seats though. :p

*edit - i stand corrected! i am very surprised there are still any $250 tix left at all!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hmm...yeah makes me wonder.

lets say a week goes by and all is sold out except a major chunk of the $2500 tix...and its time to allocate seats and mail tickets out...

anyone think they would move some of the side orchestra people into the center areas to fill the middle up?

i got a few $500 tix...hey, i can dream! =)

makes total sense and i would think the same. it's a robin hood thing that pearl jam is participating in, not a pearl jam thing with proceeds to robin hood, ya know? there is a difference. so it stands to reason they hold some tix for their long-term members.

personally, i still don't think there are many 'cheap seats' left in any case, b/c there aren;t that many lower/upper balcony seats, period. i am sure they have plenty of the 2500k seats though. :p

*edit - i stand corrected! i am very surprised there are still any $250 tix left at all!
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Wooooooo!!!!

just got my call-back, snatched up a 250$ ticket, was told 350$ and 500$ were sold out

fyi, after waiting in torture since wednesday, I finally made a leap of faith and made my donation yesterday afternoon around 3, got my callback at 10:38 this morning

SEE EVERYONE THERE!!
    it worked?! excellent :D
  • Options
    hmm...yeah makes me wonder.

lets say a week goes by and all is sold out except a major chunk of the $2500 tix...and its time to allocate seats and mail tickets out...

anyone think they would move some of the side orchestra people into the center areas to fill the middle up?

i got a few $500 tix...hey, i can dream! =)

EVERYTHING WILL BE SOLD OUT

the 2500 tickets will be bought by members
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    EVERYTHING WILL BE SOLD OUT

the 2500 tickets will be bought by members

ouch. the dream is officially dead.
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
  • Options
    ouch. the dream is officially dead.

i mean even if their are tickets left members of the board will buy them for the hell of it and give them to people