Rage Against the Machine

13»

Comments

• edigerediger Posts: 308
    after watching the Live At The Grand Olympic Auditorium DVD for the first time a few years ago, I have continually said that I would reunite them over any 90s band, even if only for one show.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • I love RATM. I was just listening to them in the car. It was hard not to speed.
  • allow me to put my John Hancock on this thread celebrating one of my favorite bands!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The should come back...

Love RATM!!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • NOOOO WAY!

The first one maybe, but nothing on Evil Empire compares to Clam Like A Bomb, Maria or Born Of A Broken Man.

Vietnow, Without a Face, Roll Right! Evil Empire is very close to being better than the self-titled album IMO.
    NERDS!
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    Vietnow, Without a Face, Roll Right! Evil Empire is very close to being better than the self-titled album IMO.

the self titled is the best, but Evil Empire is my favourite. If that makes any sense. I love the guitar playing on Evil Empire. The shit Morello does with his guitar on that album blows away anything else that man has done.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Gremmie95 wrote:
    Who still has a soft spot for this band? Show the love.

RAGE has some fuckin funky shit. It is good in the right mood
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    RAGE has some fuckin funky shit. It is good in the right mood
    then i must be in the right mood all the time cause for me they are always good. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Got to love Rage.
    I think it might be unamerican not to.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • love ashes in the fall
    the solo/bridge is twisted

rage were the shit
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    0-|-2
    2-2-2-|-2
    0-|
    -|
    0---|-2----0h7h9---7vvv--2-2-2-|-2----0h7h9--7-9b10r9-7-0-|
    -|-10\
    |-0-/7
    0-0-0-|-0-/7
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |

• nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I got to see Rage only once at Red Rocks in 96. Fan-fucking-tastic! I miss them, but I think it's good that they called it a day. I'd hate to see them reunite and do some boring new album like Jane's Addiction did.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    nocode23 wrote:
    I got to see Rage only once at Red Rocks in 96. Fan-fucking-tastic! I miss them, but I think it's good that they called it a day. I'd hate to see them reunite and do some boring new album like Jane's Addiction did.

i think a new rage album would be 1000 times better than any Audioslave album.. but then thats not saying a lot
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • i know they have a Live cd

but does Rage have a greatest hits?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    but does Rage have a greatest hits?

Yeah buy their first album and you have the best songs they've made. ;)
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yeah buy their first album and you have the best songs they've made. ;)

Right.. the album without... People of the Sun, Bulls on Parade, Vietnow, Revolver, Snakecharmer, Tire Me, Down Rodeo, Without a Face, Wind Below, Roll Right and Year of tha Boomerang

Still a great album nonetheless :)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • i want a rage hits!

*bangs fists on table*

guess i'll make my own. does iTunes have 'em?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• they were my favorite band for about 2 years (1998-2000) until i gave in to pearl jam and smashing pumpkins for good.

i still love them to death. if they were to put out a new record it would be a dream come true.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • bharQ wrote:
    Right.. the album without... People of the Sun, Bulls on Parade, Vietnow, Revolver, Snakecharmer, Tire Me, Down Rodeo, Without a Face, Wind Below, Roll Right and Year of tha Boomerang

agreed.

evil empire is tops in my books.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
    what's everyones favorite on the battle of LA album? I love ashes in the fall myself.. so much energy
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • pretty sure i have many soft spots. especially for those rad basslines
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
    bharQ wrote:

None of those songs reach the level of the first album, but I do agree that you have to buy the other albums too.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Former lead singer Zach,lives in the Hollywood/Los Feliz area. Dudes been layin' low for awhile. Pretty much mum since the breakup of Rage. I personally think his radical leanings come in conflict with the guys in charge today. Really as always.
    Klumpie wrote:
    None of those songs reach the level of the first album, but I do agree that you have to buy the other albums too.

I highly disagree.. Evil Empire to me is when they reached their peak
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    I highly disagree.. Evil Empire to me is when they reached their peak
    I see that there is a big music taste difference between us. Evil Empire is for me their weakest, I like The Battle of los Angeles better. Both albums are still good. So I advice blondieblue227 to buy all the albums, although he want to make an own greatest hits album. :)
  • my top 1 and 2 have always been rage and pearl jam. i saw rage at the gorge about 10 years ago, they were amazing. the sheriff was trying to get them shut down, not allowing them to play, but he failed. they came out very first song and did the cover of NWA's "fuck the police". so sick.

my phone at work has been acting funny lately, everytime i pick it up it makes a noise similar to the intro of "fistful of steel".