Rage Against the Machine

Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Who still has a soft spot for this band? Show the love.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    some of the baddest hardcore stuff ive heard
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • this band is #1 on my "bands i wish were still around" list.
    and zack is the shit.
    Give way to nature ...
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    They're totally needed today, with the current state of global affairs. Their message was still powerful even in the (relatively) peaceful 1990's... imagine if they were around today.

But yeah, Rage is 100% kick ass. Definitely in my top ten favorite bands list.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I loved RATM, but did get a little put off by all the politics following Evil Empire. I still listen to Evil Empire every now and then. I did get a little put off by all of the politics associated with the band towards the end, but the music was still great.
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    I just put some Rage on my ipod. I think that Rage is needed now more than ever.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Turn that shit UP!
  • DOSW wrote:
    They're totally needed today, with the current state of global affairs. Their message was still powerful even in the (relatively) peaceful 1990's... imagine if they were around today.

But yeah, Rage is 100% kick ass. Definitely in my top ten favorite bands list.

well put.

ditto.
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    a sad day indeed when i heard 2 of my favorite bands ever were breaking up in the same week while on tour together :( (Rage and At the drive-in)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    I've been listening to them non-stop over the last two weeks. Forgot how much I missed having them around. Just an awesome band.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    for me 5th greatest band of 90´s, behind Nirv,PJ,AIC and Pantera.....how bored could had been the 90´s without them... 3 great albums,one b side an a powerful concert...
    morellos shown his best skills here...
    tonadax wrote:
    for me 5th greatest band of 90´s, behind Nirv,PJ,AIC and Pantera.....how bored could had been the 90´s without them... 3 great albums,one b side an a powerful concert...
    morellos shown his best skills here...
    wasn't a B-side album, it was a cover album
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Glad to see the love is still around.......man I miss that band. Audioslave is good, but no where near RATM. I know, they are two very different bands I just keep waiting for Zack to pop back in and raise the energy level about 10 notches.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    amazing band...i love audioslave, but rage and soundgarden are both better and in my top ten
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Rage was (and is) the shit.. Just sorry I never got a chance to see 'em live.. I remember hearing the first album in '92, going- "What the fuck is this? It kick's ass".. When I got all my CD's ripped off a few years ago outta my truck, one of the first ones I went and bought was the first one.. Still their best CD, although Evil Empire rules too..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Always preferred Soundgarden to Rage ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    LedZepFan wrote:
    amazing band...i love audioslave, but rage and soundgarden are both better and in my top ten

Agree 100 per-fucking-cent... Spot the fuck on bro..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    LedZepFan wrote:

the truth shall set you free!
    oh wait I forgot something...yes, soundgarden and rage are both amazing and better than audioslave...that being said, Cornell's voice is different, and, while still one of the better singers in rock music, and one of my personal favorites, he is not what he used to be...and, unfortunately, i can't see him handling some of the Soundgarden stuff too well...which of course would be a real shame. Im thinking for where hes at vocally right now, solo and Audioslave records are whats best for him

Some die just to live.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    Who still has a soft spot for this band? Show the love.

who doesnt? RAGE put out some great albums!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    total legends
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • selfself Posts: 64
    Gotta love Battle Of LA.
  • one of the best shows i have ever seen. i feel fortunate. powerfully politically charged, and intelligent...can't say enough good things about RAGE!
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    One of the most innovative and creative bands of the '90s....needless to say one of the best. Tom Morello was a fucking maniac in rage...he did shit no one else would even consider. Not to mention Evil Empire is one of my favorite albums of all time...and even my favorite produced album ever...Brendan O'Brien was brilliant at the mixing boards for that one.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Ugly Kid Joe has a song called "Rage against the answering machine" on their album Motel California...

and OPM have a song called "Rage Against The Coke Machine" on Menace To Sobriety...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    amazing band live. i saw them when i was 13 and thought i was gonna get crushed in the crowd. killin in the name was so intense that night.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Rage is awesome. Everytime I listen to one of their cds all I can think about is that Audioslave needs to disband and we need to see the return of Rage and Soundgarden (with a new drummer of course). What the hell is De La Rocha doing now anyway?
    Brian
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Hell yeah.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    deadnote wrote:
    some of the baddest hardcore stuff ive heard

They're not really hardcore per se...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    NCBRI wrote:
    What the hell is De La Rocha doing now anyway?
    I remember hearing that he wanted to devote more time to his political causes and he also wanted to put out a hip-hop solo album. Don't know if the hip-hop thing ever got off the ground though.
    I remember hearing that he wanted to devote more time to his political causes and he also wanted to put out a hip-hop solo album. Don't know if the hip-hop thing ever got off the ground though.

He played at some Latino festival awhile back...played a small guitar and even sang a bit....apparently it was some of his new stuff but some of it was really different.

Some die just to live.