Options

Los Angeles Pre-Parties & Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I tried, but no answer. Their website says they aren't open until 5... the name cracks me up... Frank N Hank... Frank N Yank... LOL

Franks and Beans!! lol
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    It'll be great to meet you too! We hopefully we can get a venue that'll allow 18 and over to get in - we always try for that, but sometimes we just can't find one, which sucks..

..so LA people... where should we hold this party, preferably 18+ entry? SEN? You're our social girl...any ideas?

Hotel advice.. group discount (Janet?) would be cool too :)

im gonna check out some places IN PERSON. and in the other wiltern thread i posted links to 2 hotels. i'll find them again. and pixxx doesnt know it yet but shes going WITH me to look for a place! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Franks and Beans!! lol
    i just puked. pork n beans. *spew spew spew*

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i just puked. pork n beans. *spew spew spew*

oh please........you've eaten at my house....you know we eat ANYTHING. And yes.......You will go WITH ME to check places out :D.
    and wtf? you were on MSN and now you're gone?? I'm out foo.....see you at home!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    oh please........you've eaten at my house....you know we eat ANYTHING. And yes.......You will go WITH ME to check places out :D.
    and wtf? you were on MSN and now you're gone?? I'm out foo.....see you at home!

yeah YOU GUYS eat anything! Take crusty artichokes for exxxample. :D

ok what dates is everyone at for the hotel? 11-14th?

• Options
    Count me in. It's going to be nice actually being 21 this time and not having to sneak into these damn things.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    opus looks classy, and it's right there -
    if this venue doesn't get the nod it'll probably be on my itinerary for a pre-/post-set meal,
    the butter poached shrimp with yukon crushed potato, shellfish emulsion sounds delicious
    i can't say i'm against the street party either, long as my heineken mini-keg is permitted
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    opus looks classy, and it's right there -
    if this venue doesn't get the nod it'll probably be on my itinerary for a pre-/post-set meal,
    the butter poached shrimp with yukon crushed potato, shellfish emulsion sounds delicious
    i can't say i'm against the street party either, long as my heineken mini-keg is permitted

DENNYS is RIGHT on the corner for post AND pre dinners!!! :D oh but not to mention the dudes outside the venue selling bacon wrapped sausage! :eek:

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    SENROCK! wrote:
    DENNYS is RIGHT on the corner for post AND pre dinners!!! :D oh but not to mention the dudes outside the venue selling bacon wrapped sausage! :eek:

My stomach would never forgive me if I ate one of those bacon-wrapped dogs!

I prefer OPUS for pre-show dinner, and Dennys for pancakes afterwards!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

has anyone ever tried one of those dogs?!?! one would have to be having a serious case of the munchies to eat that! :eek: :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

DUDE! this fundraiser thread is the PERFECT place for our 'restaurant' discussions!!! hahaha i nominate Burger 90210!!! :D and p.s the only problem with dennys AFTER the show is THE LINE outside!!! :eek: those bacon dog vendors make the big bucks after shows there. The only thing they'll get ME to buy is an ice cold pepsi!!! :D

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    has anyone ever tried one of those dogs?!?! one would have to be having a serious case of the munchies to eat that! :eek: :)

those things are DISGUSTING. I have frenz who love em but....i stay away.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    DUDE! this fundraiser thread is the PERFECT place for our 'restaurant' discussions!!! hahaha i nominate Burger 90210!!! :D and p.s the only problem with dennys AFTER the show is THE LINE outside!!! :eek: those bacon dog vendors make the big bucks after shows there. The only thing they'll get ME to buy is an ice cold pepsi!!! :D

Have you been to Burger 90210 yet?

Good point about the line at Dennys...probably best to leave 1/2-way thru the show to get a table!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Have you been to Burger 90210 yet?

Good point about the line at Dennys...probably best to leave 1/2-way thru the show to get a table!

i tried to EAT there but everytime i go (burger 90210) its freakin CLOSED!!!! I think i go too late, they close at 9 or something. And dennys.....theres been several times we've hadd to wait forEVER to be seated after shows. I say screw it, lets shut down Tommys on Hollywood Blvd and have the fundraiser THERE!!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i tried to EAT there but everytime i go (burger 90210) its freakin CLOSED!!!! I think i go too late, they close at 9 or something. And dennys.....theres been several times we've hadd to wait forEVER to be seated after shows. I say screw it, lets shut down Tommys on Hollywood Blvd and have the fundraiser THERE!!!!! :D

I love Tommy's, but it would repeat on me more then an episode of I Love Lucy!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I love Tommy's, but it would repeat on me more then an episode of I Love Lucy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was fn GREAT!!!!!! :D then i guess we keep lookin for a place!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was fn GREAT!!!!!! :D then i guess we keep lookin for a place!!!

did u get tix?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    did u get tix?

nope. but i'll be there somehow. :)

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    nope. but i'll be there somehow. :)

thats the spirit...no need to have a defeatist attitude like others!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    thats the spirit...no need to have a defeatist attitude like others!

yeah its all good. Even if i just help with the preparty its fine by me ya know?

• Options
    any visitors coming to town can choose this hotel
    or.......this one of course there are others but....this is just a random toss up! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yeah its all good. Even if i just help with the preparty its fine by me ya know?

great 'tude, you un-dude!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    any visitors coming to town can choose this hotel
    or.......this one of course there are others but....this is just a random toss up! :D

Great review of the Econo Lodge!

"worst hotel i ever stayed. the place was burgled first night.staff said they knew who did it but couldnt prove it. windows had bulletproof screens on them.the taxi driver who dropped us off told us not to go outside after dark in any circumstrances .not what you want to hear when youve got a four old.plus the room stank "
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Great review of the Econo Lodge!

"worst hotel i ever stayed. the place was burgled first night.staff said they knew who did it but couldnt prove it. windows had bulletproof screens on them.the taxi driver who dropped us off told us not to go outside after dark in any circumstrances .not what you want to hear when youve got a four old.plus the room stank "

hahahaha see? thats why theres ALWAYS other choices!!! :D i HADD to list that one! However, the ramada will probably be the better choice for the price AND location. I'll find the link.

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    burgled hotels?
    bullet proof glass?
    bacon wrapped sausage?

I love LA already! :D

(though it does kinda sound like Camden! :confused: )
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    burgled hotels?
    bullet proof glass?
    bacon wrapped sausage?

hehehe....just the hood where the wiltern is...:D
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    burgled hotels?
    bullet proof glass?
    bacon wrapped sausage?

ohhhhhhh man. Camden was TOTALLY the ghetto! This area is a wee bit safer! :D And Foxxxy? you need to eat at Tommys. Its the best part of L.A!!! Ok and some people will say In n Out but WHATEVER!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ohhhhhhh man. Camden was TOTALLY the ghetto! This area is a wee bit safer! :D And Foxxxy? you need to eat at Tommys. Its the best part of L.A!!! Ok and some people will say In n Out but WHATEVER!!!

i'll be one of those...in n out that's what a hamburger all about....although i suggest every out-of-towner experience both...:p :D
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:

Tommys! Check! Though I do want to try In n Out also. And you guys also have Jack in the Box, which we don't out here either. Yumm. What's Burger 90210? I want to go to the Peach Pit!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Ok, so Frank n Hank's is out. Their capacity is 50... and that's just Sen & Pixie's crew themselves! We need bigger!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥