coachella webcast

Comments

• leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    wow this guy sounds pretty damn good. Again, never heard of him, but i'm really liking this song
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • yeah i am a big fan. Very powerful songs. Check out his album O. Its hailed as his masterpiece
    yeah i am a big fan. Very powerful songs. Check out his album O. Its hailed as his masterpiece

cool. thanks alot.
    Well I'll be the 1st to say this set is amazing. Sound is great, change from distorted vocals to regular is awsome, crowd seems hot, great performance.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I am totally loving this song. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • yeah completely agree, I dont know if I am the only one besides you who found this set amazing. But that was awesome.

If nothing else Damien rice plays from his heart, and this set was intense as hell.

I was heartbroken when lisa hannigan left the band, for you newbies to Damien's music, she was the vocalist on many songs. But from what I hear from this set, she is missed, but his music is amazing reguardless. Pretty cool, I am sitting in my room in oregon watching this set. The benefits of the internet i guess
    yeah completely agree, I dont know if I am the only one besides you who found this set amazing. But that was awesome.

If nothing else Damien rice plays from his heart, and this set was intense as hell.

I was heartbroken when lisa hannigan left the band, for you newbies to Damien's music, she was the vocalist on many songs. But from what I hear from this set, she is missed, but his music is amazing reguardless. Pretty cool, I am sitting in my room in oregon watching this set. The benefits of the internet i guess

Yup i'm a newb to his music, and didn't even know that a female usually sings some of the songs. Like somebody else pointed out, i think i'll be getting "O" very soon, was blown away by that performance. And ya the internet is a great thing, can't wait for the lemonheads soon. and hopefully Rage does a surprise and agrees to be filmed at the last second. Nice another guy that i've never heard of, hopefully this can come close to comparing to Damien.
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    yeah thats a great song, aint it? might have heard it in the movie "Closer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOyww5sgsl4
  • dont know anything about amos lee except that I think Zach Braff the guy from Scrubs and Garden State recommended this band and used his music on the soundtrack to the Last Kiss

yeah closer was a pretty entertaining movie. Very non hollywood I thought. i enjoyed it
  • and who are the lemonheads? I recognize the name but cant picture their music. Are they an indie band?

And the current song being played by Amos Lee has the same beat and groove to it as that 60's song "green onions"
    hmm i have never heard of the movie closer. Damn i'm outta the loop, gotta stop workin so much and get back to life hahaha
    does anybody know this song Amos Lee is singing, something about a Night Train? sounds great
  • the song night train that you just heard is off Amos Lee's second album called Supply and Demand. and he has a self titled first cd

I havent heard any of his songs before so I have no idea if his cd's are worth getting. But I am liking what i am hearing.
    ya me 2... i love hearin bands that i've never heard before and them turing out to be great. We are starting to get alot of Indie bands coming out of the wood work that are incredible and i absolutly love it.
  • yeah your telling me. You live in the land of the great indie rock boom. There seems like there is something in the water in canada right now. All the big bands right now are from your neck of the woods.
    check out Tokyo Police Club, if you havent already, id put them on top of the list as far as Canadian indie bands...
  • GeorgeinNY wrote:
    check out Tokyo Police Club, if you havent already, id put them on top of the list as far as Canadian indie bands...

cool, will do. Havent heard of them.
  • whats going on! it switched midsong!

Is this lemonheads?

nevermind it is
  • these guys have like a 90's thing going on it seems, they sound like REM to me.
    ya TPC is awsome... Played on the radio here all the time, great band. Still the Arcade Fire is my favourite Indie/band in recent time. Ya the water here must be doing somethin, cause ever since Sum 41 hit it pretty big, there have been unlimited amounts of indie bands coming out that are incredible. It's nice to go and see them for free before they get big at the free Edge shows.
  • I havent seen Arcade Fire in concert yet, are they really the best live show on the planet right now? Did they play near your hometown?
    these guys have like a 90's thing going on it seems, they sound like REM to me.

ya they are a punkish/grunge band from back in the early 90's, I hadn't really heard of em till a guy at work told me about them about 2 years ago, some pretty damn good stuff
  • leafs4ever wrote:
    ya they are a punkish/grunge band from back in the early 90's, I hadn't really heard of em till a guy at work told me about them about 2 years ago, some pretty damn good stuff

I am liking what I am hearing. Alot of distortion and jamming and just plain old good rock and roll.
    I havent seen Arcade Fire in concert yet, are they really the best live show on the planet right now? Did they play near your hometown?

I haven't seen the Arcade Fire live yet unfortunatly. I've heard the same as you that their live show is great, and yes they did used to play in my hometown of Toronto, but I hadn't heard of em till Funeral came out. But if you are ever down in Toronto, go to the Edge (102.1 the edge radiostation), they put on free shows of up and coming indie bands for free. Bands like TPC, Billy Talent and such have played there before they were known, and if i'm not wrong, i believe Arcade Fire played there aswell (but don't quote me on that one)
    I am liking what I am hearing. Alot of distortion and jamming and just plain old good rock and roll.

ya apparently they were really good friends of kurt cobain, and the lead singer Evan Dando lived with them for some time.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    go evan.. no backbone! yeah ! allison's starting to happen ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • leafs4ever wrote:
    ya apparently they were really good friends of kurt cobain, and the lead singer Evan Dando lived with them for some time.

no way! Thats so cool. I am a nirvana fanatic. They changed my life basically. So I cant believe I never heard of the lemonheads or that kurt lived with that guy
    3 great performances in a row. The Lemondheads sound awsome live, great fuckin solo here. Woooooo now everybody pray for Rage to be shown
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'm cool with evan ;] !
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    forgot about Arcade Fire, yes absolutely fantastic band. forgot they were from Canada, that is... they were on the coachella feed last night, actually....

anyway, Lemonheads, I just dont like them that much, not my cup of tea, anyway i gotta take off, work tomorrow...