bands you'd rather see live

13»

Comments

• cant beat pj in a small venue. commodore ballroom in 99 or the benaroya show.
    no band can touch them. cool to have c average open for them at the commodore. those 2 dudes are great mucisians
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • i would say primus or RATM - ive seen videos and it looks like they both give one hell of a concert.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Well, for one thing...I'd rather go back in time and see pj in 1994 than pj today.

;)
    really? they are a way better band now.much more confident.ed isnt bieng hassled as much by media etc. he seems more comfy in his own skin.
    mike is healthy now as well. i have vids of them in 94, way better now
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    wilco
    spoon
    arctic monkeys
    supergrass
    wolfmother
    black keys

but if PJ was playing at the same time, Id be at the pearl jam show
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    What the hell was that crap?
    ditto
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I saw Tool in 2001 and it wasn't as good as even the worst Pearl Jam concert I've seen. The show was visually stunning but they were some of the lamest dudes I've ever watched onstage.

That was exactly my impression after seeing Tool earlier this year. They were so unbelievably boring until the very end of their set.

No band that I have seen can hold a candle to Pearl Jam in concert, and I have seen hundreds of bands, some several times. Of course, my opinion may change if I ever get to see RATM live.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Pegasus wrote:
    No other band I know will make me fly to another continent, rarely even another country.

Good way to put it. I couldn't see myself flying 10,000 miles to see any other band.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Boston, MA wrote:
    PROSPECT HILL "Break Down"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g_3pKBNUzs

STATE RADIO "Camillo"
    A song about a friend of the band an Iraq war vet who decided not to go back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7BkvRnUZJys

ROADSTEAMER
    Boston comedy rock act. Lead singer Robby Roadsteamer is becoming quite a local legend. He almost interviewed PEARL JAM on WBCN 104.1 FM where he is a part time personality but something I think the station had second thoughts and wanted to protect the band! Haha. He mocks everything and all especially himself and people he likes but recently has become a nicer guy and made truces and those people more popular locally that he picked fights with. Check him out, always funny.
    http://myspace.com/robbyroadsteamer

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of new local mostly on indie or unsigned acts in last couple of years. There really is lots of good music. This stuff is a little more commercial but most of you still won't have heard of them. Watch all three blow up. It is already happening.

I saw State Radio many times when they toured and opened for Michael Franti and Spearhead. I met them backstage in Philly on one of the shows and I was given an ep cd by one of the band members. They're a awesome trio and have you ever seen the back of their truck with all of the stickers?

Beantown representing 15 and counting to the Divey Title.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• laudenum wrote:
    really?

yes
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Odin wrote:
    That was exactly my impression after seeing Tool earlier this year. They were so unbelievably boring until the very end of their set.

No band that I have seen can hold a candle to Pearl Jam in concert, and I have seen hundreds of bands, some several times. Of course, my opinion may change if I ever get to see RATM live.
    Agreed on Tool.

and I saw RATM twice in 1994... not touching 2006-07 PJ (I wish I'd seen PJ back then..if only they'd played near me..or at that Glastonbury festival as they were apparently supposed to).
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    i would say primus or RATM - ive seen videos and it looks like they both give one hell of a concert.

I saw Primus live and it was a very surreal/bizarre/unique experience. At a certain point ... sorry forgot the name of the singer! anyway, he put on a pig mask!

In terms of bands I'd like to see live: NIN!

I keep missing their gigs for one reason or another. Hopefully, third time lucky whenever they're touring next.