Options

A little birdy flew by

Comments

• Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    If the week-end doesn't count (and it doesn't!) it's officially mid week now. In Denmark it's Wednesday past mid day. Doesn't get much more mid week than that!
    So where's the big news?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I bet she states as fact they will tour this summer, dates to follow...
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Seriously - don't think I can actually move away from my computer at the moment - need to psyche myself up for it!

Going to see Velvet Revolver tonight too so leaving work early - might make all of 2 hours at work if they're lucky ;)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    lock'n load if this bird don't bring good news

tweet
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    lock'n load if this bird don't bring good news

tweet

LOL :D:D
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    strummers wrote:
    Seriously - don't think I can actually move away from my computer at the moment - need to psyche myself up for it!

Going to see Velvet Revolver tonight too so leaving work early - might make all of 2 hours at work if they're lucky ;)

it's definitely not a good day for employers of PJ fans
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DPrival78 wrote:
    it's definitely not a good day for employers of PJ fans

Yeah man, whenever the little birdy comes along, it's a hate-filled day at the 10C :P

Anyways, let them release the news when they want, I just know it's going to be good news, whether a tour or a new record or even some more PJ Condoms...
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Yes !!!!!!!!!!
    ..........................but

It would be too good to be true
    I think it's not our time this year

I've learnt patience and will wait
    Well come visit....our dollar sucks ass and inflation hasn't yet taken hold.....so it would be the least expensive opportunity to visit....ever.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I suppose I'll be in class when the "levee breaks"... so I hope I'll be coming home to some sweet, tweet news! Oh, and good luck to those who are planning on nabbing a poster.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    moses562 wrote:
    I suppose I'll be in class when the "levee breaks"... so I hope I'll be coming home to some sweet, tweet news!

be ready to order your pair of new, limited edition, PJ socks. (limit 2 per customer)
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    Currently Active Users: 463
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    Yield72 wrote:
    Currently Active Users: 463

I already see the server crashing. Then it's no news for everybody ;)
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    PLEASE come to Norway
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    belfast1 wrote:
    thats a good theory right there

Thanks! Here it is in slightly more elaborate form:

Since Wednesday marks 6 weeks since the announcement of PJ playing Bonnaroo, I believe that a contractual window has now expired.

If this is true, some bands may now be at liberty to divulge other touring plans this week without damaging Bonnaroo's initial ticket sales push. Cases in point include Metallica and the Raconteurs both announcing tour dates for the summer this week.

Also, this could explain why Ed solo shows on the April Fools tour were marketed and sold as such (a loophole to avoid upsetting Bonnaroo promoters).

I'm just guessing out loud here, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. Guess we'll know later today.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    rhinomagic wrote:

Since Wednesday marks 6 weeks since the announcement of PJ playing Bonnaroo, I believe that a contractual window has now expired.

If this is true, some bands may now be at liberty to divulge other touring plans this week without damaging Bonnaroo's initial ticket sales push. Cases in point include Metallica and the Raconteurs both announcing tour dates for the summer this week.

Also, this could explain why Ed solo shows on the April Fools tour were marketed and sold as such (a loophole to avoid upsetting Bonnaroo promoters).

I'm just guessing out loud here, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. Guess we'll know later today.

That is some awesome detective work/thinking - will be a very interesting day around the Pit no matter what the news is
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    rhinomagic wrote:

That is quite a theory - hope it is true!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    rhinomagic wrote:

A quite likely scenario.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    rhinomagic wrote:

very interesting point. I still think it will be some east coast EV dates in May, I just don't see him skipping Boston, NYC, Philly, DC, and probably Chicago for the ITW songs.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    As much as my heart is saying it will be something that involves us down here in Australia......my head is saying it won't :(

In any case.....I wish they'd hurry up.....it's getting late here and I need to go to bed :o

Pleeeeeeeease hurry up and tell us!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    very interesting point. I still think it will be some east coast EV dates in May, I just don't see him skipping Boston, NYC, Philly, DC, and probably Chicago for the ITW songs.

That's just it. I'm not certain these West Coast shows were ever planned to be Ed solo shows. I think PJ/10C may have capitalized on rumors that floated around late last year in order to work within contractual limitations.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    the suspense is killing me!!!!!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Here birdy birdy....
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    That's a stretch. These shows were sold, not only throught the 10C but through Ticketmaster as Eddie Vedder shows - not Pearl Jam shows. There is no way they could just all of the sudden say that these shows are now full band Pearl Jam shows.

I think people are reading a lot in to this April Fools thing. Maybe I am wrong here, cause I don't know any more than you know what is going to be announced.

I just think that is a stretch...

Perhaps I should clarify my above statement:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I'm not certain these West Coast shows were ever planned to be Ed solo shows ONLY.

I believe there will be an Ed solo element to them, but the PJ camp couldn't publicize the band's involvement until now. Thus, the name of the tour...

Of course, I'm not any better informed than 95% of us here. Just speculating.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I am going to keep checking every half hour today.

I am worried I will miss something that might be Vic tickets on sale in 5 minutes!!! and then I will be pissed.

Kind of like the HOB Katrina Benefit that sold tickets for face value.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    what time is it in Seattle???
    Don't it make you smile
  • Options
    TombourineTombourine Posts: 139
    Be Sound wrote:
    what time is it in Seattle???

That's what I was wondering. I think it's just gone 7.10am. What time do birds wake up in Seattle?
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Perhaps I should clarify my above statement:

I believe there will be an Ed solo element to them, but the PJ camp couldn't publicize the band's involvement until now. Thus, the name of the tour...

Of course, I'm not any better informed than 95% of us here. Just speculating.

I dont think they'd willfully distort facts like that though. Seems to me that they'd make themselves liable legally as well if they tricked the system like this.

But overall, the thing about the 6 week window makes lots of sense.I think the most likely scenario is that they'll annouce a tour of some kind today.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    7:10 am.

Now it's official, guys. We're going crazy here ;)

But no matter what they annouce or dont annouce today,I just like those days when the board is buzzing like this and everybody is in a festive mood :)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    There are still a few festivals left without headliners officailly announced as well.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    nsmooth78nsmooth78 Posts: 36
    I dont think they'd willfully distort facts like that though. Seems to me that they'd make themselves liable legally as well if they tricked the system like this.

But overall, the thing about the 6 week window makes lots of sense.I think the most likely scenario is that they'll annouce a tour of some kind today.

liable leagally? cmon
This discussion has been closed.