5 more days till Chris Cornells new album comes out!!!

ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,239
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else getting as excited as me about the release of Carry On???

I can't wait till Tuesday!

Who's with me???
"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

Who's with me???

I am since I've avoided listening to anything off of it so far. :)

I'd also like him to start touring the Northwest. Then maybe Yahamita will stop scaring me with myspace bulletins :D
    NERDS!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Who's with me???

what?! i saw it is my record store yesterday(thursday 31 may). it was kinda a shock cause i wasnt expecting to see it. and no, i didnt buy it. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    what?! i saw it is my record store yesterday(thursday 31 may). it was kinda a shock cause i wasnt expecting to see it. and no, i didnt buy it. :)

I know it came out in the UK on Monday :D ... think different release dates for different countries ... also I think possibly different amounts of tracks :confused: UK version has 16
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Yeah, I've got the UK version... It's pretty good. The worst CD of his career but hey I wasn't expecting much. That said, it IS better than I had expected.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    I've had it for a week. I dont want to be a killjoy but its definitely the worst CD that Chris has put out. His voice is good, but the songs just arent that strong unfortunately. Euphoria Morning craps all over it
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    mine was posted on the 25th of may. according to http://www.play.com and 3-5 is the usual wait.. but i havent had shit yet..
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm looking forward to hearing it too. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Its been out over here for like a week :D
    Oh, and it is not the load of shit it has been rumoured to be. Just remember to be open minded, EM was radically different and unexpected when it came out...
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • ArgelizArgeliz Posts: 10
    ...because I live in Finland. It was released here May 30th and I have been listening to it ever since. Absolutely fantastic!!!

His voice...GREAT!
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    I heard a tune on the local radio station here the other day, sounded awesome..

Tuesday is payday, so I'll be at Best Buy as soon as I get off work.. Or maybe I'll get it on iTunes... Who knows...
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    he just announced a show here in Reading Pa July 28, but i'll be at a better show.. RATM in NYC :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Mo69Mo69 Posts: 24
    What are you talking about??????????????

Of course its a total different album of CC, but arent you able to give the new album a chance??? Such a jump between different music styles, can only be done by a genius, and thats what he is!!!!!!

So dont talk about shit here!!! Ok, its your opinion, but when I listen to the new album, I have it already cos I bought it at the concert last week, it sets me in such a great mood! His voice gives me the creeps, it goes so deep down and touch my soul, its madness pure!!!!!! Dont need to talk about the lyrics, absolute great!!

And at the concert, the man definately rocked, it doesnt matter if he has a band around, he made a brilliant choice with the band, or if he is only with his acoustic!! AWESOME!!!!!!

The new album now, thats simply the pure Chris Cornell, making experience with his talent to do different styles!!! I loooooove it!!! He is the best!!
  • larslars Posts: 524

Who's with me???
    So you had to make a thread of it. You couldn´t write it on one of the thousand cornell threads already out there?
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    So you had to make a thread of it. You couldn´t write it on one of the thousand cornell threads already out there?

Ya I did. I'm excited and I didn't want my excitement buried at the end of another thread thats already fallen like 10 pages back.

and you didn't have to read the thread...thats the beauty of this forum...you have the option to only click on the threads u wanna read.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • I am soo excited!!! Especially since it was originally supposed to come out May First, I've been counting the days since the day Audioslave broke up. I keep reminding my friends and they are pretty much sick of me and Chris, I think they are about as excited as I am so I'll shutup :] hahah oh well
    www.myspace.com/saveyou23
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

Who's with me???

I'm off of work the day of the release. :D
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm excited to. I pre ordered an autographed copy, and previewed a few songs on projectplaylist.com. Sounds pretty good from what I heard. I can't wait.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    I'm excited to. I pre ordered an autographed copy, and previewed a few songs on projectplaylist.com. Sounds pretty good from what I heard. I can't wait.

Pretty good???? Its another masterpiece of a genius!! You can hear the songs on his myspace page!!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Mo69 wrote:
    Pretty good???? Its another masterpiece of a genius!! You can hear the songs on his myspace page!!

Masterpiece?! Ok I'm as big a fan of Cornell as the next guy, but it really is not that great an album - it has its moments, but there is a lot of mediocrity.
    Masterpiece?! Ok I'm as big a fan of Cornell as the next guy, but it really is not that great an album - it has its moments, but there is a lot of mediocrity.

Everybody has their own opinion and I respect it, but if you really deal with this album and listen exactly, maybe more times, then you will hear it, what he is saying with his lyrics, what he wanna express with this album!
    Still a masterpiece!!
    Mo69 wrote:
    Everybody has their own opinion and I respect it, but if you really deal with this album and listen exactly, maybe more times, then you will hear it, what he is saying with his lyrics, what he wanna express with this album!
    Still a masterpiece!!

OK do me a favour, listen to Soundgarden's Like Suicide, then Arms around your love, and tell me if you think the level of musicianship/lyrics/vocals are comparable. Seriously I desperately want to like this album I love everything he's done in the past, but there are a fair few filler songs on there, leaving it far short of a masterpiece.

I don't expect Soundgarden/Audioslave/TOTD part 2, but I would at least expect better lyrics than "can I visit your arms, can I visit your legs".
    OK do me a favour, listen to Soundgarden's Like Suicide, then Arms around your love, and tell me if you think the level of musicianship/lyrics/vocals are comparable. Seriously I desperately want to like this album I love everything he's done in the past, but there are a fair few filler songs on there, leaving it far short of a masterpiece.

I don't expect Soundgarden/Audioslave/TOTD part 2, but I would at least expect better lyrics than "can I visit your arms, can I visit your legs".

We had the same discussion on another board and slowly I´m gettin´ tired of this, but ok, I´ll try to explain!!

You make the mistake to compare this album to his previews work, you cant do this, coz its 10-20 years ago!!!

This man has changed, so his music! I think how you feel in a moment, so sounds the music you make, or you are listening to!! If you are in bad mood you hear dark music, right?? But if you are in good mood you are listening to happier music!! Thats life!

But that dont mean that the next album is the same like this now, I think its a question of feelings and emotion.

Let me say it like this, you, no I can only speak for me, I dont wanna walk my whole life the same way without once looking right and left, if I would do it I wouldnt make any experience and so he does, he decides to go this way to try another music style and he did it great!!

He want to make another experience, not only sounded like SG, AS or TOTD till the end of time, he thought, its time for a changing and he did it, so what is wrong with it!!! The result is a great album and I told it so often, who, accept a genius can do such a jump between different music styles, this man is cult!!

I think you wont it eat every day the same, too??

Gosh, I hope you understand what I wanna say!! (I mean this, coz of my english)
    Ya I did. I'm excited and I didn't want my excitement buried at the end of another thread thats already fallen like 10 pages back.

and you didn't have to read the thread...thats the beauty of this forum...you have the option to only click on the threads u wanna read.
    fuck off nincompoop
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    He want to make another experience, not only sounded like SG, AS or TOTD till the end of time, he thought, its time for a changing and he did it, so what is wrong with it!!

Okay. So he's made another experience. It's different from his previous works, yeah. But does that mean it's good? It certinally makes me respect him, as he's not going to churn out Audioslave/Soundgarden rehases for his entire career. But does it mean I actually enjoy the record? No, not really.
  • lars wrote:
    fuck off nincompoop

Well that's not very nice.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    muppet wrote:
    Okay. So he's made another experience. It's different from his previous works, yeah. But does that mean it's good? It certinally makes me respect him, as he's not going to churn out Audioslave/Soundgarden rehases for his entire career. But does it mean I actually enjoy the record? No, not really.

No, I dont wanna say that all people have to like it because its different, no!! I can only speak for me and I like it, I also like the older stuff, but this one is exact a same special album like the others, you remember I only speak for me!!

You maybe dont enjoy it, but I do and many, many others too!! And no question about the respect, he gets highest respect!!
    Mo69 wrote:
    We had the same discussion on another board and slowly I´m gettin´ tired of this, but ok, I´ll try to explain!!

You make the mistake to compare this album to his previews work, you cant do this, coz its 10-20 years ago!!!

Let me stop you right there, I have no problem at all with him changing styles, I loved Euphoria Morning and all it's different styles - what I have issue with is the QUALITY of songwriting. I'm not comparing it to say "hear how different it is, and he should be writing like that again", I'm comparing it in the same way I would compare any art.

To me, the album seems really rushed, a jumble of songs all thrown together, some great ideas for sure, but hardly any of it is truly realised.

I don't have an issue if he wants to do a more pop sounding record, but for me it's got to be decent, well written pop, not middle of the road pap that has no real substance.

There's loads of things that bother me about this record, like the fact that he's blatantly thrown No Such Thing in there to lure in Audioslave fans - despite the fact that the rest of the album sounds NOTHING like it, to me that's pretty calculating and cynical. Then there's the inclusion of You Know My Name, which was quite obviously tacked on to the end just to sell it to James Bond fans.

Strangely, I felt really at odds after seeing him live in London the other week, he sounds incredible, and clearly enjoys performing all his past music, so why make an album that's so unchallenging and well, blah?
    Let me stop you right there, I have no problem at all with him changing styles, I loved Euphoria Morning and all it's different styles - what I have issue with is the QUALITY of songwriting. I'm not comparing it to say "hear how different it is, and he should be writing like that again", I'm comparing it in the same way I would compare any art.

To me, the album seems really rushed, a jumble of songs all thrown together, some great ideas for sure, but hardly any of it is truly realised.

I don't have an issue if he wants to do a more pop sounding record, but for me it's got to be decent, well written pop, not middle of the road pap that has no real substance.

There's loads of things that bother me about this record, like the fact that he's blatantly thrown No Such Thing in there to lure in Audioslave fans - despite the fact that the rest of the album sounds NOTHING like it, to me that's pretty calculating and cynical. Then there's the inclusion of You Know My Name, which was quite obviously tacked on to the end just to sell it to James Bond fans.

Strangely, I felt really at odds after seeing him live in London the other week, he sounds incredible, and clearly enjoys performing all his past music, so why make an album that's so unchallenging and well, blah?

The reason for this you will never know!!!!
    Maybe it is calculating, the last album is years ago!!! And maybe the family has made the change in his lyrics!! Maybe this is how he feels now, who knew, only he knows it!!

You cant compare painted pictures, if you see many pics from a painter, than you cant say, uuh, that pic is not like the other pics, so I dont like it! There its the same, a painter paints his pics how he is feeling and not because all must be the same, that would be boring and he wouldnt sell any pics, I dont know much about art, but I know I wouldnt like to have all the same kind of pics in my room!!
    Well that's not very nice.
    go buttplug yourself
    Mo69 wrote:
    The reason for this you will never know!!!!
    Maybe it is calculating, the last album is years ago!!! And maybe the family has made the change in his lyrics!! Maybe this is how he feels now, who knew, only he knows it!!!

Plenty of singers get past their angst and get married and settle down, and still manage to write songs that have depth. And why else would those songs be on there?

Mo69 wrote:
    You cant compare painted pictures, if you see many pics from a painter, than you cant say, uuh, that pic is not like the other pics, so I dont like it! There its the same, a painter paints his pics how he is feeling and not because all must be the same, that would be boring and he wouldnt sell any pics, I dont know much about art, but I know I wouldnt like to have all the same kind of pics in my room!!

Yeah but this is the equivalent of him first turning in a masterpiece, then turning in a finger painting! Ok that might sound harsh, but he is capable of far better. The fact remains, nobody is going to be calling out for Your Soul Today over any of his classics from the past.