Coldplay/ Pearl Jam?

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Just thinking , tonite is Coldpay's Free show at MSG, ya think maybe theyll stick around and catch PJ tommorrow, that would be super cool
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    Just thinking , tonite is Coldpay's Free show at MSG, ya think maybe theyll stick around and catch PJ tommorrow, that would be super cool

you know how i know you're gay?....cause you did this post ;)
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    hahahaha great movie
  • fucking hysterical

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I never thought I'd check this board and see someone suggest that "it would be cool if Coldplay were there"
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • PearlJen22PearlJen22 Posts: 106
    SeaTut73 wrote:

sooo good!
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    voodoopug wrote:
    I never thought I'd check this board and see someone suggest that "it would be cool if Coldplay were there"

maybe they could take notes on how not to suck
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327

why would it be cool?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I doubt it. Doesn't what's his name have to watch Apple tomorrow night?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Maybe they'll learn form Pearl Jam how not to put people to sleep.
  • DPrival78 wrote:
    maybe they could take notes on how not to suck

c'mon, pearl jam's not that bad

jk
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    I'm one of the few on this board who actually like Coldplay, not that it would matter to me if they were there or not.

I find it funny, though, that the people who are all over any writer who says anything bad about Pearl Jam are the same people who like to base their opinions of other bands on what certain members of the media say about them.

Anyway, more on topic -- Chris Martin has stated on multiple occasions his admiration for Eddie and PJ, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them there.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • thecorythecory Posts: 290
    i like coldplay. I'm amazed that all these music fans trash other peoples bands. pj and cold play are different; but they're not that different anymore. 10 and 15 years ago, yes pj was a lot harder, but not pj has more than its fair share of softer/mid tempo songs. some of the coldplay haters here are older pj fans in denial that they (the older fans) don't rock as hard as they once did. as a result they trash on cp in a cycle of self-loathing. kind of like homophobic guys who are in the closet.
  • love em or hate em, you have to give them props for playing a FREE show at MSG. that's pretty fuckin cool if you ask me.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • digitmckeedigitmckee Posts: 139
    What sux about coldplay is that their concerts are the same no matter which city you go to on their tour.

That's what makes Pearl Jam different. Every show is an experience instead of a deja vu.
    Too many shows to list:
    From my first show in Hawaii when they opened for RHCP to upcoming 2016 MSG and Wrigley. Seen them in every continent except Africa and Antarctica.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    thecory wrote:
    i like coldplay. I'm amazed that all these music fans trash other peoples bands. pj and cold play are different; but they're not that different anymore. 10 and 15 years ago, yes pj was a lot harder, but not pj has more than its fair share of softer/mid tempo songs. some of the coldplay haters here are older pj fans in denial that they (the older fans) don't rock as hard as they once did. as a result they trash on cp in a cycle of self-loathing. kind of like homophobic guys who are in the closet.

Worst ... theory ... ever.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    digitmckee wrote:
    What sux about coldplay is that their concerts are the same no matter which city you go to on their tour.

That's what makes Pearl Jam different. Every show is an experience instead of a deja vu.

Very true, but in reality, you can say that about many -- MOST -- bands these days.

Tom Petty, anyone?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I was reading an article on Coldplay in Rolling Stone and Chris said his early work was influenced by Jeff Buckley and for about 3 years he was trying to sound like Eddie Vedder...So I think he just may be there...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    I worked at a local amphitheater for three summers, and I am not afraid to say, that while I wouldn't have expected it, the best concert I ever worked, as far as the show and crowd energy and everything, was Coldplay. That is all.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    love em or hate em, you have to give them props for playing a FREE show at MSG. that's pretty fuckin cool if you ask me.

is that the only way Coldplay can get folk to go their shows by giving away free tickets lol. Couldn't think of a more boring way to spend 2 hours of my life...
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Too many music snobs on this board. The irony being PJ is a favorite whipping boy of music snobs on other message boards, with the same arguments used here to discribe Coldplay.

While not a Coldplay fan myself, I watched a few songs from a concert on HDnet last sunday and was suprised how good they sounded live.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Coldplay are great, not in PJ's league - certainly not live, but they are pretty cool nonethless, and they come across as thoroughly nice guys....

sure its not everyones thing, but I've seen them a few times now and they always put a good show on....In fact they wrote probably the song of the year a few years back in Fix You...they dont get much better than that.

Its because theyv are now huge, people have to hate them......thats life
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    pdalowsky wrote:

Its because theyv are now huge, people have to hate them......thats life

I'd say people dislike Coldplay not because they are huge but because their music is just bland. Thats why I don't like them. And because Chris Martin annoys the hell out of me too!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    SeaTut73 wrote:

Retarded half witted homophobia like this is also a good reason for shit for brains morons like yourself to be drowned at birth.

In light of your post, I reckon Coldplay are pretty cool.

And if you're a Pj fan? i'm embarrassed to call myself one.
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    love em or hate em, you have to give them props for playing a FREE show at MSG. that's pretty fuckin cool if you ask me.

Although I find Coldplays music to be very boring, I agree with you.. That`s pretty cool.
    And again, although I find Coldplays music to be boring, I wouldn`t mind if Chris Martin did show up on stage. I love a new take on a Pearl Jam song.. I just love to hear other artists sing the songs of my favorite band. Sometimes it`s good, sometimes it`s bad.
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Ashy LarryAshy Larry Posts: 76
    Coldplay is for fags
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    Coldplay is for fags

you could at least correct your grammer before posting such an ignorant statement
  • blimey - never thought this post would generate such a rift!

Coldplay's new album is great! Hope they show up at MSG
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • MapleTeaMapleTea Posts: 50
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    Coldplay is for fags

What's going on with this board lately?

racists in the other thread and now homophobes!

Charming bunch.
    *****no time to be void or save up on life,
    you got to spend it all...*****
    idiots would be far better description
  • MapleTea wrote:
    What's going on with this board lately?

racists in the other thread and now homophobes!

Charming bunch.

I noticed this too - there are far more important things in life to be criticising peoples opinions and labelling people - especially in a chat room!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~