Options

Smashing Pumkins Reunite!!

Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Does anyone care???
Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    meh ... ...
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    mehtadonemehtadone Posts: 28
    Yes, I do!
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    this 15 year old sure does!!
  • Options
    SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    Does anyone care???

whos playing bass?
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Not sure this is the right place to discuss it, but YES I care. If the other members has found a way to tame Billy's ego, I would love to see them reunite!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    I vaguely remember hearing something like this over a month ago when drunk...
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Wooow

Yeeeh Awesome!!!!!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    How is this related to Pearl Jam? Shouldn't this have been posted in other music?

Anyway, I'm as excited about this now as I was six months ago when Billy announced it.
  • Options
    keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
    i think the pumpkins were awesome up to and including adore.

so if they can return to music as good as the gish to adore stuff, but not necessarily the same as that stuff, i will be highly impressed and shall buy their album.

however, machina sucks my ass, mary(star of the sea) sucks, as does billys solo album so................

i'll keep hoping tho!!!! if pearl jam a=can rediscover what made them great then so can the pumpkins.....

now..... all we need is soundgarden to reunite and nirvana ro get a new singer and we could have a grunge reunion tour!!!!

GRUNGE 06 - we're still alive!
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • Options
    No offense... but if it's only Billy and Jimmy Chamberlain... with two other featured players... that's pretty much just Zwan with their old name, is it not?

The Pumpkins first 4 albums were great... the highlight being Siamese Dream..but their live show sucked to high heaven.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Zwan were shit, Pumpkins were awesome (although i didnt think the last album was great).

Good news anyway, start hauling all the good bands through the shitty 'emo' ones.
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Brink wrote:
    No offense... but if it's only Billy and Jimmy Chamberlain... with two other featured players... that's pretty much just Zwan with their old name, is it not?

The Pumpkins first 4 albums were great... the highlight being Siamese Dream..but their live show sucked to high heaven.

Yeah, pretty much. However, a lot of people who wouldn't go out to see Zwan may go to see Smashing Pumpkins- name brand = better attendance at shows. My opinion, anyway.

The one time I saw Smashing Pumpkins was on the Siamese Dream tour, and they were actually pretty good. Not great, but good.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    smashing pumpkins is still one of the best shows i have ever seen.

i'd love to see them tour again
  • Options
    Brink wrote:

how you know its only billy and jimmy????
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Brink wrote:

I saw the Pumpkins in Tampa with Garbage as the opener. It's still on my top ten concert list. I think Garbage was so good that it really forced Billy to be on his best game. I later saw them alone in DC on their last, small venue tour. They were OK, but nothing like the first time in Tampa. I guess I was lucky the first time around.

And BTW, the Pumpkins without James Iha isn't really the Pumpkins. They can lose the bass player, she was a sloppy drunk.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    nukeboot wrote:
    I saw the Pumpkins in Tampa with Garbage as the opener. It's still on my top ten concert list. I think Garbage was so good that it really forced Billy to be on his best game. I later saw them alone in DC on their last, small venue tour. They were OK, but nothing like the first time in Tampa. I guess I was lucky the first time around.

And BTW, the Pumpkins without James Iha isn't really the Pumpkins. They can lose the bass player, she was a sloppy drunk.

i also was at this show, and i agree....the pumpkins rocked. first and only time for me though. maybe see them again soon.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    What is the source for this rumor?
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    mehtadone wrote:

Didn't Billy Corgan put an ad in a paper the day his solo album came out, or something like that? I don't remember exactly, but I remember it was publicized.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    mehtadone wrote:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com

But it doesn't say anything about the line-up or much else for that matter.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Didn't Billy Corgan put an ad in a paper the day his solo album came out, or something like that? I don't remember exactly, but I remember it was publicized.

Yea, but the ad basically said his heart was in SP etc.

The smashing pumpkins website though confirms they are writing a new album.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Siamese Dream was the highlight of their carreer...one of the best rock albums of all time...apart from Machina I really love all their releases...So I'm fuckin happy...to know they're back!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    I saw the smashing pumpkins at Umass and the show was amazing. On a side note I saw Billy Corgan at Avalon and it was hands down the worst show I've ever seen. I've seen amateur bands that just make noise and that was better.
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    nukeboot wrote:
    http://www.smashingpumpkins.com

But it doesn't say anything about the line-up or much else for that matter.

yessssssssssss !!! this is the greatest news i've heard in a long time. i've heard the rumors before, but finally something more concrete is happening. thanks for the info.
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    how you know its only billy and jimmy????

Google + News + "Smashing Pumpkins"

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    Brink wrote:
    Google + News + "Smashing Pumpkins"

i don't see anything saying that james and d.arcy aren't in the band

i mean james is available since maynard is busy with tool and d'arcy will probably not be involved i'd say.

all the articles say is jimmy is only one confirmed.
  • Options
    two934stwo934s Posts: 2
    Billy Corgan and the Pumpkins put on one of the best shows that i've ever seen. They are great! If I had to choose between SP and PJ for 1 show, well... that would be a VERY difficult decision. One that many on this board may disagree with me about!
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    *yawns* with boredom
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    Move To "Other Music"
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Move To "Other Music"

yes, please.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Pumpkins were awesome in their day. They were great up till the spring '99 tour. D'arcy left and Machina came out and you just knew it was the end. They were definitely one of the best live bands for their time. Their Lollapalooza shows were a bit rough, but their other tours were great!!

It would be weird with another lineup even though Billy and Jimmy were pretty much the Pumpkins in the studio except for Mellon Collie I believe they collaborated a little more. I would still go see them but it won't be like '93, '96, or '98.

That's the beauty of Pearl Jam. Whether it be '93 or '06, you are still getting Pearl Jam.
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude