STP what a joke.

Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I was really looking forward to this show here in Phoenix, but man Scott was so HIGH the other night it just killed the vibe of the whole show.
Stumbling around the stage, almost falling over, slurring his words. Is that the way to ruin a reunion tour or what.
I swear he's on pills instead of the hard stuff. We saw some one HELPING him to his tour bus.
Only sold 4200 tickets in a 6000 seater too. I was really rooting for these guys too. Scott looked like shit. Why cant this guy get his act together?

Any similar stories with these guys or others.

I'm done with these dudes
Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lee_JamLee_Jam Posts: 71
    I seen Velvet Revolver a few years back and Scott was suprisingly on form. voice sounded great and he really worked the crowd. guess i must have got lucky...

That totally sucks, this was his big chance to take the world by storm and he just goes and gets high...waster..
    How to be happy and true is the quest we're taking on together.

Take it on, on, on, on, on.
    Take it on, on, on, on, on.
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    Is that the way to ruin a reunion tour or what.

it wouldn't be a true reunion tour if weiland wasn't messed up. way to keep it real, scottie!!!!
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I saw them at Edge Fest (Toronto) a few weeks ago and I was appalled by their shitty uninspired performance. Scott was completly off key and obviously stoned out of his mind. The rest of the band played with little to zero passion and looked like they were just going through the motions.

It was such a let down as I'd never seen them live before and I've always had alot of respect for their songwriting. My wife and I left halfway through because we just bear to watch anymore.

Thank god they were free tickets.

Scott is such a douchebag. His inability to get his shit together, grow the fuck up, and get clean has completly ruined a once promising career.

What a shame.
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    I saw them in Indianapolis the friday before the Indy 500, and they sucked so bad, I just felt sorry for the band mates, whom sounded very good!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    write Scott and this band off, like they deserve to be.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    They were awesome when I saw them, sounded excellent. Scott slurred and mumbled a bit between songs but the music was great.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • From what I've seen/heard from this tour, I'm pretty sure Dean woulda punched Scott's teeth out if he hadn't already lost them to drugs. The Deleos are probably remembering exactly why STP didn't work out in the first place.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    I was really looking forward to this show here in Phoenix, but man Scott was so HIGH the other night it just killed the vibe of the whole show.
    Stumbling around the stage, almost falling over, slurring his words. Is that the way to ruin a reunion tour or what.
    I swear he's on pills instead of the hard stuff. We saw some one HELPING him to his tour bus.
    Only sold 4200 tickets in a 6000 seater too. I was really rooting for these guys too. Scott looked like shit. Why cant this guy get his act together?

Any similar stories with these guys or others.

I'm done with these dudes

glad i didnt spend money to see this show, i bought tickets for the mars volta instead....STP is always so hit or miss.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • I saw them when they were in Minneapolis back in June and the performance they put on was a pretty tight one. So, I'm a bit surprised to hear these reports of poor performances.
  • I was at the CMAC in NY show and I was tripping face but still could tell that Scott looked like death. He was high and slurring his words. Some songs fucking rocked but others seemed like he was just trying to get through it. I was dissappointed but tripping made it a lot better than it was. I saw VR last August and Scott looked amazing and sounded amazing. It just seems to me that if he's with the right people/band he can stay sober. STP isn't a band that can stay sober in for whatever reasons.
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    it's a shame,STP was my first ever concert in 94 in Leeds. Maybe he's just happy with his addition and needed this tour to support it
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    slurring his words? stumbling? almost falling over?

That sounds alot like this other singer I think we all like.

edit: sweet 1700th post
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • slurring his words? stumbling? almost falling over?

haha zing !!!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    slurring his words? stumbling? almost falling over?

yeah, but thats fropm wine not dope...

and ed can be falling down drunk and still give everything he has to a performance. i have enever seen them mail it on or give an uninspired performance. thats why they are the best
  • my2hands wrote:

and ed can be falling down drunk and still give everything he has to a performance. i have enever seen them mail it on or give an uninspired performance. thats why they are the best

its true.. but it was stilll funny
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    I saw both Velvet Revolver and STP on this reunion tour and I thought Scott sounded great at both...he did look like he was on drugs the last time I saw them, but he definately pulled it off.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • after initially refusing to spend anywhere near the amount of money ticketmaster wanted for tickets for STP at Jones Beach, a friend called a few days ago and managed to score some tickets for $10...so, of course, i'm in.

been hearing a ton of mixed reviews about this tour, but i'm still definitely looking forward to checking them out. could do a lot worse for the price...

of course, the fact that someone mentioned they only sold 4200 out of 6000 at a stop this tour makes me wonder how many people they are going to pull at Jones Beach, which I think seats somewhere between 10 and 12k.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I'm heading up from Miami to see them in Orlando.........Really hoping that I am not disapointed...I have always been a big supporter of Scott and all of S.T.P....Always enjoyed the VR and STP shows I have been to before...But the S.T.P. Scott of old is way way:( way gone.......
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    Man, I thought they were great in Detroit, it seems like we must have just been pretty lucky that night, been alot of horrible reviews, thats too bad.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • epierce3epierce3 Posts: 77
    They were spot on at Summerfest, I was afraid Scott would fuck it up by being too out of it but it turned out to be an amazing show.
    United Center Chicago: 05.16.06, 05.17.06
    Vic Theater Chicago: 08.02.07
    Lollapalooza 2007: 08.05.07
    Auditorium Theater Chicago (EV Solo): 08.22.08
    United Center Chicago: 08.23.09
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Interesting, i got about 6 boots and he sounds fine in them.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Yes, "Hit or Miss" should be the official name of this tour.

I just saw them last weekend in San Diego at Qualcomm and they were so solid, but them he was playing for his "hometown" so perhaps he was motivated to behave himself. Rob, Eric, Scott and Dean looked like they were all on the same sheet of music and in a good place:
    STP @ Qualcomm, San Diego

BRMC so deserved a set longer than 30 minutes.

I'm seeing STP next week in NY at the Jones Beach show. Prayers, everyone. And if you're there, say hi!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    my2hands wrote:

I was just joking by that post. Ed is extremely cheerful when hes got that bottle o' wine. I would absolutely hate to see him ever be high on any drug while performing. (except maybe weed)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Interesting, i got about 6 boots and he sounds fine in them.
    don't they play the same set every show?? I
    Go Birds!!!!
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    irieinindy wrote:
    I saw them in Indianapolis the friday before the Indy 500, and they sucked so bad, I just felt sorry for the band mates, whom sounded very good!

that's funny cause I thought, for being on hiatus, and being their first show that it was pretty good.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Scott is, and always has been, a fuckwit....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    don't they play the same set every show?? I

yeh but its such a fucking good setlist.

every song is brilliant.
  • Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    i thought they were pretty good when i saw them here in June. setlist was pretty predictable but its a reunion tour. idk maybe its a day to day thing. definantly better than the smashing pumpkins reunion. because stp actually had its original members but thats a different story...
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I can't believe they haven't had to cancel the tour yet so that piece of trash singer can go (back) to rehab.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    dharma69 wrote:
    I just saw them last weekend in San Diego at Qualcomm and they were so solid, but them he was playing for his "hometown" so perhaps he was motivated to behave himself. Rob, Eric, Scott and Dean looked like they were all on the same sheet of music and in a good place:
    STP @ Qualcomm, San Diego

What did you think of the new venue at Qualcomm? They just started doing shows their this year, and I haven't been down yet. Good pictures on your review, although I can't believe Weiland is still pulling the megaphone out. The only time I saw STP was opening for Neil Young in '91 (along with Blind Melon!), and all I remember of STP was the damn megaphone on what seemed like every song.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball