Fall Out Boy

13»

Comments

• chitty wrote:
    Before I get ragged on, I want an honest opinion (somtimes a little pop ain't bad).
    I like the catchiness, poppiness of "ain't a scene..." Is the rest of FOB's album good. I am sure it isn't as catchy, but it is worth my getting?
    I'd say it's worth it. If you don't want to get the whole album but want to listen to more songs from it you should definitely download Thriller, "The Take Over, The Break's Over", and Hum Hallelujah.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Any help for me is appreciated. How the hell am I going to survive this show in June? I'm taking kids as a labor of love, but really, come on.

(Small consolation: they really are going to see +44 and have promised that if FOB is awful, we can leave.)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • (Small consolation: they really are going to see +44 and have promised that if FOB is awful, we can leave.)
    I think it is most likely that it will go the opposite way. +44 will probably be terrible, at least when Fall Out Boy plays the crowd will be lively, the songs are really easy to find yourself getting into.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I think it is most likely that it will go the opposite way. +44 will probably be terrible, at least when Fall Out Boy plays the crowd will be lively, the songs are really easy to find yourself getting into.

You're sweet, but somehow I doubt it. First of all, it's at the dreadful Tweeter Center in Camden ... second, it will be *after* we see Arctic Monkeys at the Electric Factory, which I will surely love. This happened last year. I saw PJ and Radiohead in the same week and then had to take kids to the Tweeter to see Taking Back Sunday and Angels and Airwaves (pathetic.) I know these guys work hard, really I do, but I'm so spoiled from seeing so many good shows that these Disneyfied acts leave me very cold (and sometimes irrationally annoyed.)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 572
    yeah, fuck fallout boy. I don't care what other people think. please don't try to teaching me a lesson either. I have posted several threads about these douchebags before. I hate all those whiny fucking emo bands. All of their voices sound the same. Fallout Boy gets my vote for shittiest band ever. I mean, I understand if you're in 9th grade, then you can totally relate to this shit.

Here are a few other bands on my shitlist: panic up the asshole, my chemical romance, smashmouth (these guys are actually still around). puddle of mudd, anything fred durst or limp dickshit is involved with. pretty much any other emo band. Also, for the last 10-15 years, any band that has been big on mtv.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    I really want to hate these guys but every time I hear one of there songs I have a hard time changing the station. They suck, but they don't.. I think I need therapy.

let the therapy begin!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    rest assured they suck...not just any ordinary suck...they are an ultimate suckfest

"ultimate suckfest"....i like how you worded that.
  • rival9500 wrote:
    . I hate all those whiny fucking emo bands. All of their voices sound the same.
    Maybe they think all you whiny haters sound the same.
  • 1) im so happy for you.
    2) you must be very proud of having grown up and matured faster than people born years after you.
    3) congratulations on not dying.
    4) riot act was a whopping 1 album ago dude. and it sucked. so clearly, you have no taste.
    5) after 10 years, 95% of bands don't make it. soundgarden, aic, all your masturbatory grunge favorites didnt last 10 years. doesn't stop you from rewriting history to make them the best shit since sliced bread.
    6) the music industry is dying, thank god. the reason these bands are successful is myspace and populist appeal. they aren't good, but they're honest. also, there never has been such a "next." pearl jam isn't even the next stones. rem and u2 weren't the next beatles. the beatles weren't the next elvis. they all just were and fit within their time.
    7) i can dream cant i?
    8) then you're a huge loser to foam at the mouth so much over a style of music nobody is forcing you to like or hear. it seems very important to you demean any mention of emo.

1) thanx
    2) huh? does that mean you admit this type of crap is intentionally for pre-teens?
    3) thanx, i play it safe
    4) i know it sucked, that's why i haven't given two shits about pearl jam since it was released. and i have great taste, we've already been over that.
    5) what makes you think i am a psychotic, huge fan of the 4 fake grunge bands? i used to like pearl jam, alice in chains. i don't listen to nirvana really but enjoy what they were going for. soundgarden is good, and they lasted 12+ years. "after 10 years, 95% of bands don't make it" i think that's a little high. i'd say more like 65% of bands don't make it after 10 years. bands don't need to make millions to keep going. look at youth brigade.
    6) you just repeated what i said
    7) sure you can
    8) i know nobody is forcing me to listen, but i am kinda appalled by the response a 'fall out boy' thread gets on a pearl jam message board.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    8) i know nobody is forcing me to listen, but i am kinda appalled by the response a 'fall out boy' thread gets on a pearl jam message board.

which is why you are a loser. you define your self worth and the value of others and judge their intelligence based on how cool the cd's on their shelf are. that's the gayest thing i ever heard. you should be an emo fan... you'd fit in well with their fake angst with all your "woe is me, the pj community doesn't understand what is really cool" nonsense. go to a fugazi message board and you can all jerk each other off over how sweet your tastes are. just remember to swallow becos when spew shit out the way you do around here it just makes you look bad.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Ha ha!.. my thread is still going. Its pretty damn funny how worked up people get over music. It doesn't always have to be deep and meaningful, but I can understand it getting annoying when thrown in your face all the time.
    whoa. i truly do believe times have changed.

you don't have to be a music elitist to fucking realize how awful any of this "music" is - you have to have at least 3 brain cells working. it's not snobbery to say a "band" like this is a cruel joke, it's common sense. something snobby/elitist thing to say would be like, "pearl jam's only good records are 'no code,' 'yield,' and 'binaural,'" or "the red hot chili peppers have been sucking since 1996." but to immediately bash the piss out of a dolled-out, talentless, metrosexual mockery of pop music is almost a god damn duty.

i don't think people should be clubbed to death for buying any of these sorts of records, but it seems a bit foolish to be taken seriously on somewhat of a credible band's message board.

i used to use the 'other music' section as a way to keep up with new bands, music news, etc. it's disgusting to see crap like this taken seriously. and i know it's hypocritical of me to rant on something so fucking stupid, but c'mon people.
    Way to over-ANALyze things... if I'm listing to the radio, and a song gets stuck in my head, I'm not imagining it being stuck in my head. It's stuck in my freaking head!.. as "not cool" as they may be with some people here, they must be doing something right... I'll probably never buy one of their albums, but you know something. I do however own EVERY LINKIN PARK ALBUM AND LOVE THEM TO DEATH.. SO SUE ME!!!

Yeah, my playlist lately consists heavily of Pearl Jam, Sparta, The Police, My Morning Jacket, Muse and LINKIN PARK!

I'll argue Linkin Park to the death, for they were once a band I completely hated, but now have a special spot for. :p

People need to lighten up a little when it comes to music. Masturbate, eat some fruit, something before they come here..
  • which is why you are a loser. you define your self worth and the value of others and judge their intelligence based on how cool the cd's on their shelf are. that's the gayest thing i ever heard. you should be an emo fan... you'd fit in well with their fake angst with all your "woe is me, the pj community doesn't understand what is really cool" nonsense. go to a fugazi message board and you can all jerk each other off over how sweet your tastes are. just remember to swallow becos when spew shit out the way you do around here it just makes you look bad.

you've got to be like 15 years old man.

fugazi's good stuff. good call. i wouldn't say that would be the band where "elitists" flock though.
  • EVERY LINKIN PARK ALBUM AND LOVE THEM TO DEATH.. SO SUE ME!!!

Yeah, my playlist lately consists heavily of Pearl Jam, Sparta, The Police, My Morning Jacket, Muse and LINKIN PARK!

I'll argue Linkin Park to the death, for they were once a band I completely hated, but now have a special spot for. :p

People need to lighten up a little when it comes to music. Masturbate, eat some fruit, something before they come here..

i don't have anything against you, i just think linkin park is a green, mushy turd of a band. i feel like the dude's gonna shit everytime he moans about being different than everybody else.
    i don't have anything against you, i just think linkin park is a green, mushy turd of a band. i feel like the dude's gonna shit everytime he moans about being different than everybody else.
    I kind of felt the same way when I first heard Ed belt out the lryic "once", but sometimes you have to look beyond the stupid stuff to find stuff you appreciate... Vitalogy also annoyed the shit out of me until about '98.

yeah, those songs about how hard it is to be different suck! i hate all those big hits like leash, why go, jeremy, daugher... all those pussy songs about how "daddy doesn't give attention." so pansy. i hate emo. daddy doesnt love you? suck it up!

right?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    This is an entertaining thread...I read some posts. I have their last album and their new one. They are okay..they aren't really changing the world with their music or anything but who cares it's music....isn't is supposed to be fun?
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    This is an entertaining thread...I read some posts. I have their last album and their new one. They are okay..they aren't really changing the world with their music or anything but who cares it's music....isn't is supposed to be fun?

no, it's not. it's supposed to be weighty and serious and depressing. you're not supposed to enjoy it, you're supposed to sit around crying and hating yourself and taking comfort in the fact that are people hate themselves like you do too. like chris does.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    no, it's not. it's supposed to be weighty and serious and depressing. you're not supposed to enjoy it, you're supposed to sit around crying and hating yourself and taking comfort in the fact that are people hate themselves like you do too. like chris does.

he..he...I guess so. :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    5) after 10 years, 95% of bands don't make it. soundgarden, aic, all your masturbatory grunge favorites didnt last 10 years. doesn't stop you from rewriting history to make them the best shit since sliced bread.

Soundgarden made it 13 years. Fall Out Boy sucks, don't try to justify it.

**EDIT: I don't think I would hate - or KNOW of FOB if they weren't branded "rock". If they were played on the easy listening/top 40 stations I could care less, I just hate how shit like this and MCR are branded rock and forced down my throat by radios/magazines/etc.
    gibbits wrote:
    Soundgarden made it 13 years. Fall Out Boy sucks, don't try to justify it.

i wouldnt know. ive never heard a fallout boy song.
  • yeah, those songs about how hard it is to be different suck! i hate all those big hits like leash, why go, jeremy, daugher... all those pussy songs about how "daddy doesn't give attention."

no shit, kid.