Fall Out Boy

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Awful song and awful band, I will explain why I hate them so I am not just one of those that hates them because everyone else does..........mainly, their singer sounds like an immature clown and I cannot understand a word he says, it sounds like total gibberish coming from a terrible voice, second, their lyrics are about as deep as something that would come from a 13 year old girl who talks on the phone all day, and third of all.........they make crappy pop music and should never be considered rock or anything close to it.
    actually they make good, fun, catchy pop music and their lyrics are not meant to be deep. they're humorous and tongue-in-cheek.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    actually they make good, fun, catchy pop music and their lyrics are not meant to be deep. they're humorous and tongue-in-cheek.

actually they should be killed
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    actually they should be killed
    why? who are they harming? just don't listen if you don't like them. its not like panic! at the fucking disco who think they are oh so hip and baroque with their shitty little masquerades and caberet can-can videos. Fall Out Boy are harmless pop music. This ain't a scene is the best pop song of 2007 so far. I actually don't care who disagrees. of course they dont mean anything, they aren't going to mount a one band, fugazi-style attempt to clean up the music industry but who cares? when I feel like some intelligent music, I listen to Fugazi, when I feel like dancing, Fall Out Boy are as good a choice as any.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brainofdz wrote:
    They are at the top of my guilty pleasures list along with My Chemical Romance, and Taking Back Sunday. I'm a sucker for a good pop song.

(an no, I'm not a 14 yr. old girl)

i cant believe you give me shit for buckcherry and oasis... i knew you were one of us!
    i cant believe you give me shit for buckcherry and oasis... i knew you were one of us!
    oh soulsinging... buckcherry? oh dear... :D I know I just posted a big defence of Fall Out Boy but still... Buckcherry?! Like Velvet Revolver but worse.
  • whoa. i truly do believe times have changed.

you don't have to be a music elitist to fucking realize how awful any of this "music" is - you have to have at least 3 brain cells working. it's not snobbery to say a "band" like this is a cruel joke, it's common sense. something snobby/elitist thing to say would be like, "pearl jam's only good records are 'no code,' 'yield,' and 'binaural,'" or "the red hot chili peppers have been sucking since 1996." but to immediately bash the piss out of a dolled-out, talentless, metrosexual mockery of pop music is almost a god damn duty.

i don't think people should be clubbed to death for buying any of these sorts of records, but it seems a bit foolish to be taken seriously on somewhat of a credible band's message board.

i used to use the 'other music' section as a way to keep up with new bands, music news, etc. it's disgusting to see crap like this taken seriously. and i know it's hypocritical of me to rant on something so fucking stupid, but c'mon people.
  • whoa. i truly do believe times have changed.

you don't have to be a music elitist to fucking realize how awful any of this "music" is - you have to have at least 3 brain cells working. it's not snobbery to say a "band" like this is a cruel joke, it's common sense. something snobby/elitist thing to say would be like, "pearl jam's only good records are 'no code,' 'yield,' and 'binaural,'" or "the red hot chili peppers have been sucking since 1996." but to immediately bash the piss out of a dolled-out, talentless, metrosexual mockery of pop music is almost a god damn duty.

i don't think people should be clubbed to death for buying any of these sorts of records, but it seems a bit foolish to be taken seriously on somewhat of a credible band's message board.

i used to use the 'other music' section as a way to keep up with new bands, music news, etc. it's disgusting to see crap like this taken seriously. and i know it's hypocritical of me to rant on something so fucking stupid, but c'mon people.
    oh please, it's harmless music. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. And sorry, but your whole post is elitist shit.

And yes dudes, it is not 1991 anymore. Wake up. Wearing eyeliner or dressing in black is no more ridiculous a concept as covering yourself in flannel and wearing torn jeans.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    oh soulsinging... buckcherry? oh dear... :D I know I just posted a big defence of Fall Out Boy but still... Buckcherry?! Like Velvet Revolver but worse.

at least buckcherry gets laid... fallout boy just whines about how they can't ;)
    whoa. i truly do believe times have changed.

nope, you're a snob and elitist. i cant explain. she loves you. heart of stone. all classics. none exactly complicated songs. you're just a sad little man who compensates for a lack of self-esteem by giving yourself a sense of superiority by liking "cooler" bands than most teenagers. guess what dude? what you're saying now, is exactly what the metalheads were saying about pearl jam and their ilk in the 90s. in 10 years, fallout boy fans will be saying the same thing about the next wave of bands. it's all the same. now go out there and beat up a high schooler. it seems to be the only way you can feel good about yourself.
    I dont recall anyone saying that Fall Out Boy should be taken seriously. every person who has said anything positive about them here (me included) has conceded that they are pretty meaningless pop music. no one is pretending that they mean anything that they don't. I sure as hell think its an elitist attitude for you to assume that just because you can't derive enjoyment from them, no one can. for my part, I have their latest single stuck in my head right now because its catchy and, to me, enjoyable. I wouldnt never dream of claiming that FOB are doing anything even vaguely important for music but I sure am looking forward to getting wasted and dancing to them at the Reading festival in the summer.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I like This Ain't a Scene. The transition between disco and old school punk gets me kinda hyped up. I think they write decent pop songs...don't really care what they look or act like, it's not like they're getting any of my money...even if they did I wouldn't care if I really liked the music.....

And yes I said old school punk just to piss off the elitists.
    at least buckcherry gets laid... fallout boy just whines about how they can't ;)
    hah yes... but buckcherry probably only get laid by dirty crack whores ;) (maybe not a bad thing in your opinion, that's not for me to say)
    I'm not so sure though... that bassist guy could probably have his pick of about 10 million emo girls across the world, whether or its justified.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617

I never said anything about Oasis.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    why? who are they harming?

society's eardrums....
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • i liked fall out boy when they first came out, with Take This To your Grave, but then they changed when they became popular and became very poppy, their whole sound and disposition changed.
    i have their first two albums, but for some reason when a band becomes too over exposed i stop liking them. i think its because i like my music with a sort of secrecy and underground feel, not in the limelight of TRL/MTV and teeny bop mags and my 12 year old cousin

istill like a lot of other emo type bands regardless of what other people say about them, like Taking Back Sunday and Dashboard confessional, and Coheed and Cambria
    as For My chemical Romance, i liekd them when they first came out, their first record is great and really tight , but their second album was terrible. they changed their whole sound and became real poppy
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • And yes dudes, it is not 1991 anymore. Wake up. Wearing eyeliner or dressing in black is no more ridiculous a concept as covering yourself in flannel and wearing torn jeans.

you're right, it's not 1991 anymore, i should join you with some makeup.
  • nope, you're a snob and elitist. i cant explain. she loves you. heart of stone. all classics. none exactly complicated songs. you're just a sad little man who compensates for a lack of self-esteem by giving yourself a sense of superiority by liking "cooler" bands than most teenagers. guess what dude? what you're saying now, is exactly what the metalheads were saying about pearl jam and their ilk in the 90s. in 10 years, fallout boy fans will be saying the same thing about the next wave of bands. it's all the same. now go out there and beat up a high schooler. it seems to be the only way you can feel good about yourself.

i'll break it down for you, homie

1) i'm not a sad little man, i am about average height and i am a very happy person
    2) i have too much self-esteem, and yes, i do like way cooler bands than most teenagers
    3) i myself haven't been a teenager for about 4 and a half years
    4) i don't even know what metalheads said about pearl jam in the early 90s, and i don't really care. to be honest, i haven't given two shits about pearl jam since 'riot act.'
    5) in 10 years, fall out boy won't be a "band." i'd even like to make a gentlemen's bet that fall out boy isn't a band in 4 years.
    6) it's not all the same; the music industry has evolved pretty nastily in the last 15 years. there is no "next stones" or "next pearl jam"
    7) i don't fight unless i have to defend myself or i am fucking around with my friends
    8) i feel good about myself a lot, i don't need to go out of my way to do something that will make me feel any different
  • If anything grunge was a more embarrassing scene than emo ever reached.
    I'm glad you mention your self-esteem in the same sentence as you listening to cooler bands than teenagers. Wow that's impressive. So, what if a band is cool or not? Is this the fourth grade where you have to defend your 'cool' image by listening to the 'cool' bands?

Your inane rant makes you sound as ridiculous as the people who thought rock and roll was the devil's music or the people who say rap shouldn't be considered a form of music.
    If you don't like the music don't listen to it. Just cause you don't enjoy it doesn't mean other people can't. There is something called musical tastes and opinions.
  • you sound as ridiculous as the people who thought rock and roll was the devil's music

rock n' roll is blatantly the devil's music.
  • rock n' roll is blatantly the devil's music.
    I enjoy black metal and long walks in icy norwegian forests
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Yeah they are. There was an article about them in guitar world and it said thats how they found there name.

thanks that was really bothering me
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    hah yes... but buckcherry probably only get laid by dirty crack whores ;) (maybe not a bad thing in your opinion, that's not for me to say)
    I'm not so sure though... that bassist guy could probably have his pick of about 10 million emo girls across the world, whether or its justified.

yes and he'd be jailed and slapped with a sex offender tag for nailing any of those underage emo girls ;)

buckcherry could play a riff that would make the entire fallout boy band's collective heads explode and then he'd do a line of cocaine off their dead bodies before fucking their groupies 3 at a time. THAT is rock and roll.
    i'll break it down for you, homie

1) i'm not a sad little man, i am about average height and i am a very happy person
    2) i have too much self-esteem, and yes, i do like way cooler bands than most teenagers
    3) i myself haven't been a teenager for about 4 and a half years
    4) i don't even know what metalheads said about pearl jam in the early 90s, and i don't really care. to be honest, i haven't given two shits about pearl jam since 'riot act.'
    5) in 10 years, fall out boy won't be a "band." i'd even like to make a gentlemen's bet that fall out boy isn't a band in 4 years.
    6) it's not all the same; the music industry has evolved pretty nastily in the last 15 years. there is no "next stones" or "next pearl jam"
    7) i don't fight unless i have to defend myself or i am fucking around with my friends
    8) i feel good about myself a lot, i don't need to go out of my way to do something that will make me feel any different

1) im so happy for you.
    2) you must be very proud of having grown up and matured faster than people born years after you.
    3) congratulations on not dying.
    4) riot act was a whopping 1 album ago dude. and it sucked. so clearly, you have no taste.
    5) after 10 years, 95% of bands don't make it. soundgarden, aic, all your masturbatory grunge favorites didnt last 10 years. doesn't stop you from rewriting history to make them the best shit since sliced bread.
    6) the music industry is dying, thank god. the reason these bands are successful is myspace and populist appeal. they aren't good, but they're honest. also, there never has been such a "next." pearl jam isn't even the next stones. rem and u2 weren't the next beatles. the beatles weren't the next elvis. they all just were and fit within their time.
    7) i can dream cant i?
    8) then you're a huge loser to foam at the mouth so much over a style of music nobody is forcing you to like or hear. it seems very important to you demean any mention of emo.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    If I want to listen to deep and meaningful lyrics, I have plenty Pearl Jam. Should I feel the urge to hear amazing music I will stick on Smashing Pumpkins. FOB are fun, catchy tunes whats the big deal. It's fukin hilarious how worked up people get about this.
    I feel like bumping the My Chemical Romance thread now :D
    bharQ wrote:
    society's eardrums....
    or more accurately, yours. unless, of course, you account for all of us?
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    or more accurately, yours. unless, of course, you account for all of us?

yes i do. and this is scientifically proven so don't talk back you little shit!!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    i liked fall out boy when they first came out, with Take This To your Grave, but then they changed when they became popular and became very poppy, their whole sound and disposition changed.
    i have their first two albums, but for some reason when a band becomes too over exposed i stop liking them. i think its because i like my music with a sort of secrecy and underground feel, not in the limelight of TRL/MTV and teeny bop mags and my 12 year old cousin

istill like a lot of other emo type bands regardless of what other people say about them, like Taking Back Sunday and Dashboard confessional, and Coheed and Cambria
    as For My chemical Romance, i liekd them when they first came out, their first record is great and really tight , but their second album was terrible. they changed their whole sound and became real poppy

I haven't heard all of Take This To your Grave, but DOA and Grand Theft Autumn are as poppy as anythging they have put out since, and my 12 year old cousin likes that album too.
    and as far as MCR, assuming you mean 3 cheers as their 2nd album, I think its a good album, much more complete than the "Bullets" album, although I liked Bullets
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    bharQ wrote:
    yes i do. and this is scientifically proven so don't talk back you little shit!!!
    I can't even decide if you are serious. if so, go take a nap in front of traffic and if not, haha that was hilarious ¬_¬
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Before I get ragged on, I want an honest opinion (somtimes a little pop ain't bad).
    I like the catchiness, poppiness of "ain't a scene..." Is the rest of FOB's album good. I am sure it isn't as catchy, but it is worth my getting?
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    I haven't heard all of Take This To your Grave, but DOA and Grand Theft Autumn are as poppy as anythging they have put out since, and my 12 year old cousin likes that album too.
    and as far as MCR, assuming you mean 3 cheers as their 2nd album, I think its a good album, much more complete than the "Bullets" album, although I liked Bullets

i forgot about that bullets album, i was refering 3 cheers as their first. its a good album, i was talking about ...The Black Parade as their second
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982