Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    It’s 15,000 for concerts. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Zod said:
    It does seem to be a mix of demand, venue size, and city.  I imagine stadium shows will most likely have cheaper tickets at gametime than arena shows (except maybe arena's in really small markets).

I'm wondering what to expect for Vancouver, which usually is easier to score tickets for concerts than Seattle.

Also super jealous of people that can go last second.   I always need to take a ferry and do some driving, and grab a hotel, so it's not a great idea to do the travel, and hope you get good tickets once you get there.
    I don't understand why Houston tanked while a much smaller city like Austin stayed high.  Maybe because Austin is such a music friendly city?  I am going to continue watching the tickets for each show and see what happens.  

For me to get to a show, I have to drive to DC which is 90 miles.  So I can make a game time decision, within reason.  
    I think the new venue is relatively small compared to some of the other venues he is playing.  And of course people here love live music and love Springsteen.  It may be smaller than Houston, but e probably have a higher number of Americana music fanatics here.
    Oh, it's not a full size arena,  20+k?
    15K total capacity.  I saw Roger Waters there and it looked smaller than average.  So I just looked it up and yep it is a lot smaller than average.   Great place to see a show though.  Excellent acoustics for an arena.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Went to tonight's show in KC. Got my pit tix on a drop this past Tuesday. $503  with fees. Yeah it's a lot but as a fan of almost 50 years it's worth it to me. Especially since I'm only going to the one show this leg.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Great pics!  Thanks for sharing!   How was the show?  Does he still have it?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Great pics!  Thanks for sharing!   How was the show?  Does he still have it?
    Overall it was a great show.
    As a longtime fan I have to be honest and say it was a good Springsteen show. In a few months it will be amazing as they work things out.
    For a 73 yr old he definitely has it. Not the energy of 10 20 or 40 yrs ago but still the consummate entertainer.

• Options
    Amazing pics!
  • Options
    The DC show is on a Monday, I will be SHOCKED if the prices don't drop. I suspect face value by the time we get to show day. Baltimore, I don't think those will drop too too much. The Camden show helps but you're gonna choose the small arena over the baseball stadium if you can, right?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    The DC show is on a Monday, I will be SHOCKED if the prices don't drop. I suspect face value by the time we get to show day. Baltimore, I don't think those will drop too too much. The Camden show helps but you're gonna choose the small arena over the baseball stadium if you can, right?
    There's a Nationals show as well in DC so that should help the prices. My plan is to attend the show at capital one arena. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Wait-listed for Verified Fan at Gillette.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    Got a verified code for Camden Yards!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Fuckin waitlist for met life shows 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,180
    I got waitlisted for Vancouver, but my friend pulled a code.. hopefully he pulls through with good tickets.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    JimmyV said:
    Wait-listed for Verified Fan at Gillette.
    Right there with you.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    wait-listed for Camden. I'll be shocked if this ends up being a tough ticket.
  • Options
    I guess we're going.  My friend got us row 20 side stage. Not cheap.  $390 CDN$ after fees.   Luckily I'm going with a friend so I only needed to pay for 1 ticket.   I guess that's the same as bringing my wife to a concert and paying for both tickets.

On the flip side we opted not to go to GNR. Stadium show, GA tix are over $800.  Don't feel like dealing with a stadium show.  I love GNR, but I think Springsteen shows are better.

I guess that's the new thing.  I spend just as much on concerts as I used to, but I go to less of them now :(
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Wife and I were both waitlisted for Los Angeles.  Hopefully the secondary market is soft closer to the show.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    What's deal with the setlists this tour so far? Like PJ one of the best parts of Bruce live was not knowing what you would hear. Every show has essentially been the same so far, save a few songs here and there. 

Is this driven by 
    1. early in the tour and will start getting mixed up as they wamr up an play more shows
    2. an age thing - where bruce just wants to keep it steady and maybe doesnt feel like he can mix it up night to night
    3. driven by the ticket issues - where it's not as easy for fans to see multiple nights, so basically give them the same show everyone else sees
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    What's deal with the setlists this tour so far? Like PJ one of the best parts of Bruce live was not knowing what you would hear. Every show has essentially been the same so far, save a few songs here and there. 

Is this driven by 
    1. early in the tour and will start getting mixed up as they wamr up an play more shows
    2. an age thing - where bruce just wants to keep it steady and maybe doesnt feel like he can mix it up night to night
    3. driven by the ticket issues - where it's not as easy for fans to see multiple nights, so basically give them the same show everyone else sees

Possibly all of the above plus the band has had COVID issues.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

Is this driven by 
    All of the above plus early tour shows are often static. In the past it's  been about selling the latest album.
    In my case with prices so high and no close shows I am limited to 1 show on this leg so I was happy with the  "abbreviated " 25 song KC show.
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I scored tickets for Calgary - they were cheap-ish (compared to what I've been hearing) - $259 CAD for 2 seats. But they are behind the stage! I've never sat behind stage before. I'm still gonna go, happy to be in the building, but dang. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 327
    Got tickets for Van yesterday, easy as pie. Section 120, beside stage on the aisle. Almost exact same seats as PJ ‘09, and they were great
  • Options
    There are some great seats on TM for Saturday in Portland, OR

Non-resale/non-platinum but they are still $399 + fees
  • Options
    Yah, out of curiosity I went and looked this morning about how many reseller tickets were posted for sale, and it seems fairly minimal compared to other concerts.   I felt verified fan mostly worked well (except i didn't get my own code).    Keeps bots from getting in first, randomly staggers the times, if you got a code, you pretty much got tickets because it took a while to sell out that way.

The springsteen shows are interesting, in that there are no presales, just verified fan, so no competing for slivers of tickets every time there's a sale.   The tickets aren't cheap, but it seemed a humane way to do it.

I am curious about the GNR show.  I pulled $375 face value pit tickets this morning through the livenation code but opted not to go.   While it's still in presale mode, there's so many tickets for sale right now.   Not many are selling.   I did like how GNR generally played larger venues than they needed (keeping tickets accessible), but I'm wondering if they've exhausted the reunion good will :)
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Zod said:
    Yah, out of curiosity I went and looked this morning about how many reseller tickets were posted for sale, and it seems fairly minimal compared to other concerts.   I felt verified fan mostly worked well (except i didn't get my own code).    Keeps bots from getting in first, randomly staggers the times, if you got a code, you pretty much got tickets because it took a while to sell out that way.

The springsteen shows are interesting, in that there are no presales, just verified fan, so no competing for slivers of tickets every time there's a sale.   The tickets aren't cheap, but it seemed a humane way to do it.

I am curious about the GNR show.  I pulled $375 face value pit tickets this morning through the livenation code but opted not to go.   While it's still in presale mode, there's so many tickets for sale right now.   Not many are selling.   I did like how GNR generally played larger venues than they needed (keeping tickets accessible), but I'm wondering if they've exhausted the reunion good will :)
    Ya I'd agree, I was skeptical of the verified fan thing cause I detest TM. But I didn't even get to login until 20 minutes after tickets went on sale and they were still available. I assumed it would be sold out to bots within 1-2 minutes, but it seemed to work how it was supposed to. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 327
    Zod said:

I thought that the “not in this lifetime” would have been enough, but no, they were going out AGAIN in ‘20 for another bunch of shows. Obviously it got pushed back because of covid, but they just finally finished the tour in nov or dec last year, and here they go AGAIN!!! They have clearly jumped the shark, and need to go away now. Axl is absolutely horrible sounding, like bleeding ears bad.  I noticed this morning too that it looks like they literally have only sold 1000 tickets in the presale for Vancouver. I’m sure in the end it’ll be ok, but they couldn’t pay me to go see them. Nope nope nope
  • Options
    Haijay said:
    Zod said:

I thought that the “not in this lifetime” would have been enough, but no, they were going out AGAIN in ‘20 for another bunch of shows. Obviously it got pushed back because of covid, but they just finally finished the tour in nov or dec last year, and here they go AGAIN!!! They have clearly jumped the shark, and need to go away now. Axl is absolutely horrible sounding, like bleeding ears bad.  I noticed this morning too that it looks like they literally have only sold 1000 tickets in the presale for Vancouver. I’m sure in the end it’ll be ok, but they couldn’t pay me to go see them. Nope nope nope

Yah, that occurred to me too.  I thought Axl sounded really good at the 2006 Guns n' Replacements show I went too.  Was ok at the next one (09 or 10 I think).  2016, the only reunion show I went too, he was ok, but didn't quite sound like his classic self (some people refer to it as sounding like a chipmunk).   My favourite of 3 was the '06 Guns n' Replacements show. That show was fire... so good. so gooood :)
  • Options
    My wife and I were waitlisted for verified fan for the Los Angeles shows.  Surprisingly, the secondary market seats aren't too expensive.  Rather then wait around, I pulled the trigger on side stage seats on Stubhub for $149 each (Including fees), which doesn't seem too much over the original cost.  
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    got 2 tix for 3rd metlife show......sect 228B, $125.00/ea plus fees

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    Grabbed 3 seats on the field - 3 rows behind GA - for Camden Yards.  Most I ever spent on one concert, but seeing the show with my 11 and 19 year old sons will be great memories. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    dude is 61. you folks think a screamer like him can sound like he's 25?
    he aint rob halford.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14