Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    Tell them to start checking for drops about 3 days before the show... do GA if they are college age.

There's always great drops up to 12 hours before showtime for Springsteen shows.
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    MSG 1 was awesome! Just got home to New Brunswick (Canada).. Had sweet seats, such energy in the crowd and Bruce/band; just a really fun time!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Man, I wish it was last week again!!! Bruce and the band blow 90% of bands their junior WAY out of the water! It should be some sort of law that everyone should go to a Springsteen show once in their lives--that's how good they are! :D
    Albany will be my 8th Springsteen show and I couldn't agree more.

Really, folks -- go see this act while you still can.
    If tickets weren't near impossible for me to get I would've already gone. Hoping he comes here after Europe!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Newch91 wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Man, I wish it was last week again!!! Bruce and the band blow 90% of bands their junior WAY out of the water! It should be some sort of law that everyone should go to a Springsteen show once in their lives--that's how good they are! :D

If tickets weren't near impossible for me to get I would've already gone. Hoping he comes here after Europe!
    He'll be back and you'll finally get the chance to see him! Here's to hoping that it is in fact after Europe! I already cannot wait til my next Springsteen show, whenever that may be!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:

He'll be back and you'll finally get the chance to see him! Here's to hoping that it is in fact after Europe! I already cannot wait til my next Springsteen show, whenever that may be!
    I just hope he comes to CT this time. I don't care if it's in an arena, "stadium" (we really don't have one of those here), or a bar; I'll be there.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Because the Night???? :evil:

I wish I went tonight.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I wish I went tonight.
    Was awesome in DC!! :D
    What are you doing home, Chris?! You should be at MSG (or just be leaving MSG) right now!!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    3 or 4 pairs of GA's below face for the Albany show on stub hub!

Snatch'em up and my daughter and will meet up!
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I wish I went tonight.
    What are you doing home, Chris?! You should be at MSG (or just be leaving MSG) right now!!
    Paper and studying :(
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I wish I went tonight.
    Paper and studying :(
    :( I hear ya all too clearly!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I went to the show tonight at MSG and it was superb! Spirit In The Night followed by Thundercrack was a great double shot of old school Bruce. Because The Night featured a dazzling guitar solo by Nils Lofgren during which he whirled while he played. (I've only seen Nils play with the ESB...gotta see one of his own shows after this tour ends & he does his own thing again.) Backstreets was stunning and a tour premiere to boot. Trapped was another highlight for me. The tributes (first to Danny and Clarence and later to Clarence) were very touching. I had dinner with some friends (and some friends of friends) at Stout before the show. They played the Hammersmith '75 dvd which definitely got us pumped for a great night at the Garden...which it turned out to be.
    If you are on the fence about seeing this tour...GO. Bruce & the band are in terrific form.
    Also: The band came onstage to the strains of "New York, New York" and then played Badlands with the house lights up...great way to start the show at MSG.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    Wow, I was dancing and singing like a fool. What can you say, he's the fuckin man. Started off at "tracks" eating oysters and a bread bowl chowder..... Fuckin rocked! I have a headache from hell right now and a busy day.... Thinking of the show last night will get me thru.

The show made me love my city even more than I already have.

Bruuuuuuuuuuce
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    First time seeing the boss and estreet band without the big man and it just wasn't the same. Jake was amazing, but still no big man. Had seats in section 420 and it was a great view of the stage. Loved the setlist cept for rocky ground. Totally just ruined the start of the encore for me and thank god show ended amazingly. Could played something like sandy or darlington county or born in the usa acoustic.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I wish I went tonight.
    I was in awe when the opening notes hit. Amazing to have seen live. Woulda been killer had patti smith come out for the song.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Saw Bruce at The Palace of Auburn Hills...what can you really say...incredible! mind blowing! just one helluva night...played damn near 3 hours and he's 62...just amazing...his new material live is just awesome.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,247
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Saw Bruce at The Palace of Auburn Hills...what can you really say...incredible! mind blowing! just one helluva night...played damn near 3 hours and he's 62...just amazing...his new material live is just awesome.

Over 3 hours and you got Incident on 57th Street. You lucky... :lol: :evil: :twisted: :lol:
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    New Dates:
    August 18 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium (on sale 4.28 – ticketmaster.com)
    August 24 – Toronto, ON , Canada– Rogers Centre (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    August 26 – Moncton, NB, Canada – Magnetic Hill (on sale 4.21 – tickets.moncton.ca)
    August 29 – Vernon, NY – Vernon Downs Raceway (on sale 4.28 – ticketmaster.com)
    September 2 – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park (on sale 4.21 – comcasttix.com)
    September 7 – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field (on sale 4.21 – tickets.com)
    September 14 – Washington, DC – Nationals Park (on sale 4.27 – tickets.com)
    September 19 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    September 21 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    September 22 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
  • Options
    see you at Gillette and Philly!
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    New Dates:
    August 24 – Toronto, ON , Canada– Rogers Centre (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    August 26 – Moncton, NB, Canada – Magnetic Hill (on sale 4.21 – tickets.moncton.ca)
    September 2 – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park (on sale 4.21 – comcasttix.com)
    September 19 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    September 21 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    September 22 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium (on sale 4.20 – ticketmaster.com)
    YES!!!!! Will either be at the DC show or NJ night 3!!! At least I hope! :D
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    New Dates:
    YES!!!!! Will either be at the DC show or NJ night 3!!! At least I hope! :D
    Do the DC show better chance of not seeing the boss and estreet band not look like ants. Also sound will be better through the speakers.

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    looks like i'm going to jersey in september
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    New Dates:
    :x :x
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    New Dates:
    I'll be in Moncton obviously, only an hour from my house. Camping at the same spot we camped at for U2/Arcade Fire last summer there.
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Looks like I'll be going to Wrigley!!! OH YEAH!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Will try for Philly - fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Newch91 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    New Dates:
    :x :x

Ditto. And a bit of :cry: too
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Don't sweat it... Bruce will play arenas all over the place after the stadium run. I'm a little bummed that there doesn't appear to be room on the tour schedule for his typical late summer run at the sheds in the northeast, though.

Anyone going to the Albany show Monday night? I've got seats in 108 for my 12 y/o and I and my teenagers have GA's. :D
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    C'mon Aussie tour .
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    ilockyer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Over 3 hours and you got Incident on 57th Street. You lucky... :lol: :evil: :twisted: :lol:

I feel lucky...it was an incredible show...just an amazing night...first time seeing Springsteen in an arena...all the other shows were stadium shows...probably will see him at the Rogers Center in August.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Last night I had a dream I was at a Bruce show. :ugeek: I really need to see him in concert again.

The show was awesome, three hours long..opened with badlands...he saved the new stuff til the end. Michelle Moore sounded great singing Rocky Ground. It was a very detailed dream. :lol::lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City