Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

" ~~~ U2 ~~~ "

12021222325

Comments

  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    we get spolied by PJs 10C Fanclub.

    Only 4 tickets a tour ?

    that blows !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • yes we do get spoiled. I was realizing that yesterday when I was telling someone how great the 10C was.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we get spolied by PJs 10C Fanclub.

    Only 4 tickets a tour ?

    that blows !
  • thanks again Hawaii 78!!!
    I just wish they would put the Seattle tickets on sale so I can just stop worrying about this!
    Stop worrying about it! The longer they wait the longer you can save $$$ @ $285 a ticket it is quite a stiff price for a ticket. The upside is that, unlike 10C you don't have to wait for the day of the show for tickets and you know where your seats are.
    Denver 94 Red Rocks 95 1 & 2 Denver 98 Seattle 98 1 & 2 Vegas 2000 Denver 03 Vegas 03
    Seattle 04 1 & 2 Denver 06 1 & 2 Vegas 06
    Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Seattle 12/09/2013
    Denver 10/22/2014
    EV San Diego 1 & 2 EV Chicago 1 & 2 2008
    EV Honolulu 1 & 2 2009
    EV Austin 11/09, 11/11 2012
    RNDM Boulder 11/18/2012
  • doesn't matter how long they give me, I can't play $285 for a ticket. I will stick to the $90 ones.
    Hawaii 78 wrote:
    thanks again Hawaii 78!!!
    I just wish they would put the Seattle tickets on sale so I can just stop worrying about this!
    Stop worrying about it! The longer they wait the longer you can save $$$ @ $285 a ticket it is quite a stiff price for a ticket. The upside is that, unlike 10C you don't have to wait for the day of the show for tickets and you know where your seats are.
  • doesn't matter how long they give me, I can't play $285 for a ticket. I will stick to the $90 ones.
    Hawaii 78 wrote:
    thanks again Hawaii 78!!!
    I just wish they would put the Seattle tickets on sale so I can just stop worrying about this!
    Stop worrying about it! The longer they wait the longer you can save $$$ @ $285 a ticket it is quite a stiff price for a ticket. The upside is that, unlike 10C you don't have to wait for the day of the show for tickets and you know where your seats are.

    Well, the best tickets are General Admission anyway, and those are $55.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Controversy over U2's Berlin wall
    BBC
    November 05, 2009
    By RODRIGO DAVIES

    A U2 show marking the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall has run into controversy - after organisers built a wall around the venue.

    A two metre barrier has been erected around the Brandenburg gate to keep out people without tickets for the show.

    "This has created a lot of outrage here because the falling of the wall was supposed to bring people together," said BBC reporter Damien McGuinness.

    The U2 show is part of the MTV Europe Music Awards, which take place later.

    Ten thousand tickets were given away free online and snapped up within hours.

    Now police in the city say they're expecting as many as 100,000 people to descend on the square in front of the Brandenburg gate to try and catch a glimpse of U2.

    "It is a big event, one that I am very pleased about. It would be nice if as many Berliners as possible could take part," Frank Henkel, Christian Democrat floor leader in the Berlin city-state parliament, was quoted as saying in the daily Berliner Morgenpost.

    "It would be great if the organizers would avoid barriers of any kind."

    McGuinness said Berliners think it is "pretty ironic" that an event to mark the falling of the wall has resulted in another one being constructed.

    Berlin politicians dissuaded US President Barack Obama from visiting the city as part of the celebrations, for fear his security operation would require several main roads be blocked off.

    It is now feared road blocking will be necessary to accommodate U2's fans.

    Calls to representatives of U2 and MTV seeking comment have not yet been returned.

    © MMIX
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • They played "Get Up, Stand Up" with Jay-Z, so need to see that!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Controversy over U2's Berlin wall
    BBC
    November 05, 2009
    By RODRIGO DAVIES

    A U2 show marking the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall has run into controversy - after organisers built a wall around the venue.

    A two metre barrier has been erected around the Brandenburg gate to keep out people without tickets for the show.

    "This has created a lot of outrage here because the falling of the wall was supposed to bring people together," said BBC reporter Damien McGuinness.

    The U2 show is part of the MTV Europe Music Awards, which take place later.

    Ten thousand tickets were given away free online and snapped up within hours.

    Now police in the city say they're expecting as many as 100,000 people to descend on the square in front of the Brandenburg gate to try and catch a glimpse of U2.

    "It is a big event, one that I am very pleased about. It would be nice if as many Berliners as possible could take part," Frank Henkel, Christian Democrat floor leader in the Berlin city-state parliament, was quoted as saying in the daily Berliner Morgenpost.

    "It would be great if the organizers would avoid barriers of any kind."

    McGuinness said Berliners think it is "pretty ironic" that an event to mark the falling of the wall has resulted in another one being constructed.

    Berlin politicians dissuaded US President Barack Obama from visiting the city as part of the celebrations, for fear his security operation would require several main roads be blocked off.

    It is now feared road blocking will be necessary to accommodate U2's fans.

    Calls to representatives of U2 and MTV seeking comment have not yet been returned.

    © MMIX
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Controversy over U2's Berlin wall
    BBC
    November 05, 2009
    By RODRIGO DAVIES

    A U2 show marking the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall has run into controversy - after organisers built a wall around the venue.

    A two metre barrier has been erected around the Brandenburg gate to keep out people without tickets for the show.

    "This has created a lot of outrage here because the falling of the wall was supposed to bring people together," said BBC reporter Damien McGuinness.

    The U2 show is part of the MTV Europe Music Awards, which take place later.

    Ten thousand tickets were given away free online and snapped up within hours.

    Now police in the city say they're expecting as many as 100,000 people to descend on the square in front of the Brandenburg gate to try and catch a glimpse of U2.

    "It is a big event, one that I am very pleased about. It would be nice if as many Berliners as possible could take part," Frank Henkel, Christian Democrat floor leader in the Berlin city-state parliament, was quoted as saying in the daily Berliner Morgenpost.

    "It would be great if the organizers would avoid barriers of any kind."

    McGuinness said Berliners think it is "pretty ironic" that an event to mark the falling of the wall has resulted in another one being constructed.

    Berlin politicians dissuaded US President Barack Obama from visiting the city as part of the celebrations, for fear his security operation would require several main roads be blocked off.

    It is now feared road blocking will be necessary to accommodate U2's fans.

    Calls to representatives of U2 and MTV seeking comment have not yet been returned.

    © MMIX
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    got 4 floor seats for Philly! woohoo!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • got my Seattle tickets today! Yay!
  • i hate U2...sorry to hack ur thread but everything about their music makes me sick
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • many thanks to those on this thread, especially Hawaii 78 for helping me out with the presale issues I was having. I really appreciate all the help. :D
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    didnt get my new giants stadium tickets ( yet )

    im sure as showtime approaches i'll begin the scrambling around process.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Now we all have six months or more to wait for our shows. :? Something to look forward to in the summer.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    30840677-30840678-large.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    HBO gives details about U2 on Rock Hall TV show
    Posted: November 19, 2009
    By: m2

    Almost all of U2's performance from last month's Rock and Roll Hall of
    Fame 25th Anniversary concerts will be included when HBO airs them on
    November 29th. According to a news release today from HBO (found on
    Futon Critic), the show will include this as U2's segment:

    * "Vertigo" - U2
    * "Magnificent" - U2
    * "Because the Night" - U2, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen
    * "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" - U2, Bruce
    Springsteen
    * "Gimme Shelter" - U2, Mick Jagger, Black Eyed Peas
    * "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2, Mick Jagger
    * "Beautiful Day" - U2

    When you compare that to the actual setlist from U2tours.com <http://www.u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20091030
    >, seems the only thing missing is the "Mysterious Ways - Where Is
    The Love" performance with Black Eyed Peas.

    The program premiers on HBO (in the U.S.) on Sunday, November 29, from
    8 pm to Midnight. It'll re-air several times throughout December on
    both HBO and HBO2. There will also be separate two-hour versions
    airing during December. Check your local HBO listings for air dates
    and times in your country.

    HBO news release:
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx ... 91119hbo01
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    HBO gives details about U2 on Rock Hall TV show
    Posted: November 19, 2009
    By: m2

    Almost all of U2's performance from last month's Rock and Roll Hall of
    Fame 25th Anniversary concerts will be included when HBO airs them on
    November 29th. According to a news release today from HBO (found on
    Futon Critic), the show will include this as U2's segment:

    * "Vertigo" - U2
    * "Magnificent" - U2
    * "Because the Night" - U2, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen
    * "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" - U2, Bruce
    Springsteen
    * "Gimme Shelter" - U2, Mick Jagger, Black Eyed Peas
    * "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2, Mick Jagger
    * "Beautiful Day" - U2

    When you compare that to the actual setlist from U2tours.com <http://www.u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20091030
    >, seems the only thing missing is the "Mysterious Ways - Where Is
    The Love" performance with Black Eyed Peas.

    The program premiers on HBO (in the U.S.) on Sunday, November 29, from
    8 pm to Midnight. It'll re-air several times throughout December on
    both HBO and HBO2. There will also be separate two-hour versions
    airing during December. Check your local HBO listings for air dates
    and times in your country.

    HBO news release:
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx ... 91119hbo01

    I need this on DVD!!!!!!!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    U2 Leads Money Makers

    U2_150.jpg


    U2 leads Money Makers list with $108M earned
    Feb. 26, 2010, 2:04 PM EST
    NEW YORK (AP) -- If money makes the world go round, then U2's latest tour, which is dubbed "360 Degrees," proves this saying true.

    The veteran act leads Billboard's 2010 Money Makers list, earning more than $108 million in 2009.

    Bruce Springsteen is second with $57 million and Madonna follows with $47 million. AC/DC and Britney Spears round out the top 5 with $43 and $38 million, respectively.

    Billboard compiles the list from monies earned through tours, CD and digital sales, publishing royalties and more.

    Madonna topped the list last year; Springsteen came in third. Both U2 and Madonna have touring deals with Live Nation.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,149
    :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

    U2 to release DVD of last year's Rose Bowl performance
    March 23, 2010 | 2:20 pm

    U2 This just in from U2 headquarters: The Irish band will release a DVD of last year's massive Rose Bowl concert sometime in 2010, according to U2's website. Details remain foggy, but apparently they want the info out immediately, before they finalize the decisions: "The band are still working on the content of the DVD," reads a note on their site, before asking fans to register to get the latest updates.

    The news isn't a big surprise, considering the band partnered with YouTube to stream the concert live.

    Do you need the DVD? Times pop critic Ann Powers, in her review of the show, suggests maybe yes:

    [A]fter three decades as an important band, U2 is long past simple uplift. Its music is as much about emotional entanglement (as in "Ultraviolet" on Sunday) and disorientation ("Vertigo"). Ultimately, it is a meditation on space: the majestic natural landscapes that the Edge's guitar playing often describes; the crowded dance floors or train platforms Clayton and Mullen's rhythms evoke; the inches between a whispering mouth and a lover's ear, or the infinite journey of a prayer hurled into the air.

    The Space Station allows U2 to make those musical and lyrical preoccupations physical in a new way. At the Rose Bowl, it created a new experience even for the most jaded concertgoer. U2 concerts have often included moments in which raised voices build goodwill, or shaking hips stimulate joy. But for the first time, perhaps, this band's noise resulted in a kind of silence and stillness -- not a literal one, but the rapture that comes when nearly 100,000 people relax together, as if held within a gentle, open hand.

    Here's the set list of the show:

    "Breathe"
    "Get on Your Boots"
    "Magnificent"
    "Mysterious Ways"
    "Beautiful Day"
    "I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For," with a coda of "Stand by Me"
    "Stuck in a Moment"
    "No Line on the Horizon"
    "Elevation"
    "In a Little While"
    "Unknown Caller"
    "Until the End of the World"
    "The Unforgettable Fire"
    "City of Blinding Lights"
    "Vertigo"
    "I’ll Go Crazy if I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight"
    "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
    "MLK"
    "Walk On"
    "One"
    "Amazing Grace"
    "Where the Streets Have No Name"
    "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)"
    "With or Without You"
    "Moment of Surrender"

    Pop & Hiss will keep you posted on details.

    -- Randall Roberts

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... mance.html
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,149
    :(

    U2 North American Tour Dates Postponed

    (LOS ANGELES, CA) May 25, 2010 - As announced earlier today, Live Nation has confirmed that the U2 360° North American Tour will be postponed until 2011.

    U2's Bono has now been discharged from Ludwig Maximilians-University (LMU) Hospital in Munich where he underwent emergency surgery on Friday, following a back injury. In order to fully recover, he is under doctor's orders to start a rehabilitation program and to recuperate for at least eight weeks.

    This will necessitate the postponement of 16 shows on the U2 360° Tour from Salt Lake City on June 3rd, through to New Jersey’s Meadowlands Stadium on July 19th.

    Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt confirmed, “Bono suffered severe compression of the sciatic nerve. On review of his MRI scan, I realized there was a serious tear in the ligament and a herniated disc, and that conservative treatment would not suffice. I recommended Bono have emergency spine surgery with Professor Tonn at Munich’s LMU University Hospital on Friday.”

    Professor Tonn, who carried out the operation, added, “Bono was referred to me by Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt late last week with a sudden onset disease. He was already in severe pain with partial paralysis in the lower leg. The ligament surrounding the disc had an 8mm tear and during surgery we discovered fragments of the disc had traveled into the spinal canal. This surgery was the only course of treatment for full recovery and to avoid further paralysis. Bono is now much better, with complete recovery of his motor deficit. The prognosis is excellent, but to obtain a sustainable result, he must now enter a period of rehabilitation."

    Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt continued, "We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes, and while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health. In the next days, he will start a light rehabilitation program, with increasing intensity over the next 8 weeks. In our experience, this is the minimum time."

    U2's manager, Paul McGuinness, was also at the Hospital in Munich and said, "Our biggest and I believe best tour has been interrupted and we’re all devastated. For a performer who lives to be on stage, this is more than a blow. He feels robbed of the chance to do what he does best and feels like he has badly let down the band and their audience. Which is of course nonsense. His concerns about more than a million ticket buyers whose plans have been turned upside down, we all share, but the most important thing right now is that Bono make a full recovery. We’re working as fast as we can with Live Nation to reschedule these dates.”

    U2 tour producer/promoter Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring, also expressed, “Although we understand the disappointment to U2 fans, first and foremost comes the recovery of Bono.”

    Additional details on rescheduled dates will follow shortly and fans are encouraged to hold on to their tickets. Please visit: www.U2.com for ongoing tour updates.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,630
    Do you have tickets Norm?
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i have tickets and i was worried about keeping them safe until july let alone 2011 now, but it's worth it if it means bono is ok and healthy :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,630
    i have tickets and i was worried about keeping them safe until july let alone 2011 now, but it's worth it if it means bono is ok and healthy :)

    which shows are you going to? I have tickets to Oakland, Philly and NJ/NY

    Luckily I hadn't made plan reservations for the trip to California and I can cancel hotels to Philly and NJ/NY.
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    i have tickets and i was worried about keeping them safe until july let alone 2011 now, but it's worth it if it means bono is ok and healthy :)

    which shows are you going to? I have tickets to Oakland, Philly and NJ/NY

    Luckily I hadn't made plan reservations for the trip to California and I can cancel hotels to Philly and NJ/NY.
    just the meadowlands show. wish i could go to more though
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,630
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    i have tickets and i was worried about keeping them safe until july let alone 2011 now, but it's worth it if it means bono is ok and healthy :)

    which shows are you going to? I have tickets to Oakland, Philly and NJ/NY

    Luckily I hadn't made plan reservations for the trip to California and I can cancel hotels to Philly and NJ/NY.
    just the meadowlands show. wish i could go to more though

    well, maybe with the postponment a lot of tickets will be available for other shows, like Philly :)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i'm hoping they either become available or they have massive drops as showtime ( really ) approaches.


    cheers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    I'm looking forward to the 3rd of September! U2 in Athens!!
    I am mine!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,149
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Do you have tickets Norm?

    yeah to the first anaheim show
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 378
    For those interested, The Edge has posted a video message on www.U2.com about the whole situation (and you can also find it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5hfKbLTqsU ). No real news, but it is a nice gesture.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,630
    norm wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Do you have tickets Norm?

    yeah to the first anaheim show

    I had just bought a pair of GA tickets to the Oakland show last week, oh well looks like I'll be making the CA trip next year/
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Wouldn't it be cool if they could pull a Zooropa again and bang out an album between now and when they come back to NA. By that point the album's going to be 2+ years old at that point, and sadly it's not like it's had much longevity to it.
Sign In or Register to comment.