Options

" ~~~ U2 ~~~ "

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    easily scored ticks today for the added NY ( Giants Stadium ) show- Friday Night.

got 4 together in sec 113
    these are the 95 dollar seats.
    of course the tailgating is optional out in the swamps of jersey,
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    The Mirror
    March 31, 2009

NO WAISTLINE ON THE HORIZON; EXCLUSIVE U2 shape up for big world tour.

By Paul Martin

Whatever happened to sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll? U2 are preparing for their next world tour by hitting the treadmills and healthy eating buffets.

Bono, 48, is so determined to keep trim, a private gym, footy pitch and healthy eating restaurant will be built at every venue.

And the band have already undertaken a gruelling fitness regime so they can roll back the years for some of their most energetic performances ever.

A source revealed: "The lads used to demand piles of booze. But they've realised they have to eat the right foods and live a healthy lifestyle.

"This time around they have top health food chefs to prepare them low-carb snacks and high energy protein shakes.

"Bono and the lads know they can't get away with eating and drinking like they used to. So they are pulling out all the stops to turn this into the healthiest tour ever staged."

Before each gig -- which includes three nights at Croke Park on July 24, 25 and 27 -- the band will warm up by hitting the treadmill.

The insider added: "They will have gym equipment and a sports area complete with pool tables and even a mini football zone.

"It's going to be like a big kid's playground.

But when you consider they will be on the road for over a year it's important they have some way of killing the time while they are away."

The band was reportedly asked to shed the pounds before releasing their new album.

The source added: "The boys have been told to start exercising all the summer weight off.

They are a bit out of shape and they need to tone up and look the part again."

Last tour demands 2001:

Champagne
    Jack Daniels
    Curries
    Burgers
    Fries
    Cheese selection
    Guinness
    Expensive wine

New tour demands 2009:

Protein shakes
    White egg omelettes
    Low-carb chicken salads
    Energy drinks
    Stir-fried vegetables
    Treadmills

© The Mirror, 2009.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    easily scored ticks today for the added NY ( Giants Stadium ) show- Friday Night.

i got 2 $95 tix for the rose bowl....hoping they'll add a second show so i can use the other 2 tix of my presale code :D

so amped to see one of my favorite bands at a place i practically grew up at! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

i got 2 $95 tix for the rose bowl....hoping they'll add a second show so i can use the other 2 tix of my presale code :D

so amped to see one of my favorite bands at a place i practically grew up at! :mrgreen:

i hope this mega outside tour thing works out.
    pop had mixed reviews outside.
    the zoo tv outside shows were pretty good from what i remember.
    plus, the new stage production is going to be crazy !
    cant wait to see the boys rocking out under "theclaw".

http://360.u2.com/
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i hope this mega outside tour thing works out.
    pop had mixed reviews outside.
    the zoo tv outside shows were pretty good from what i remember.
    plus, the new stage production is going to be crazy !
    cant wait to see the boys rocking out under "theclaw".

i've never seen them in a stadium....i don't like stadium concerts....but then i haven't been to one since 1990 so hopefully this stage setup will make the show epic :D
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    maybe old news to you, but just as shocking to me if this is true....black eyed peas opening? FUCK?

* edit - - it is true for vancouver....wow. at least i get another 45 min to an hour at the bar i guess. eff them and fuck Fergi. they suck.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Got 4 for NY1 and 2 for NY2! GA's!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    maybe old news to you, but just as shocking to me if this is true....black eyed peas opening? FUCK?

* edit - - it is true for vancouver....wow. at least i get another 45 min to an hour at the bar i guess. eff them and fuck Fergi. they suck.

here on the east coast we are getting muse.

also- its Bruces birthday - maybe he'll show up at Giants Stadium ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Bathgate66 wrote:

here on the east coast we are getting muse.

also- its Bruces birthday - maybe he'll show up at Giants Stadium ?

Not all east coasters get Muse, unfortunately we get Snow Patrol in Boston.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    wow
    been a while
    springsteens been occupying most of my time.
    thats a problem with buying tickets for a concert 9 months in advance.
    lol

FIRST PEEK: U2 360 STAGE BEING BUILT
    April 27, 2009
    posted by: m2

Live Design magazine has the first look at the in-progress work of
    building the stage for U2's 360 Tour. The image at right is part of
    the support structure that's being built by StageCo in Belgium. It was
    taken 12 days ago. The article notes that the video screen will be
    tested at the Antwerp Sportpalais, and the main stage is being built
    by Tait Towers in Lititz, PA.

see the full article at Live Design >>

http://livedesignonline.com/concerts/04 ... et-design/

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    rumor from a tabloid]

U2, Take That 'Set For Formula 1 Grand Prix Gigs'
    by Jason Gregory
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009

U2 and Take That are among the stars set to perform at Formula 1 Grand
    Prix races this summer, it's been reported.

Both bands' record label, Universal, is believed to have signed a deal
    with the sport's owners for its acts to appear at various races across
    Europe.

The agreement also includes "stars from the world of movies, sport and
    fashion", according to the Sun newspaper.

Universal's chairman Lucian Grainge said the collaboration would
    create "a groundbreaking, all-new entertainment spectacular".

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone added: "I've always said we are in
    the entertainment business and this deal marks a new dimension for
    Formula 1.

"I have high hopes for it."

Girls Aloud and the Pussycat Dolls, whose lead singer Nicole
    Scherzinger dates world champion Lewis Hamilton, could also perform as
    part of the deal.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    this thread makes me sad... :cry:
    i apparently became obsessed about a month too late... i so need to go to a concert!
    i just bought all their albums this week, plus U2 by U2 and a dvd. i even bought batman forever just because of hold me thrill me kiss me kill me.
    there might be some seats for giants stadium available closer to the date, right?

.........right..? :(
    i'm so sad right now
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    i apparently became obsessed about a month too late... i so need to go to a concert!
    i just bought all their albums this week, plus U2 by U2 and a dvd. i even bought batman forever just because of hold me thrill me kiss me kill me.
    there might be some seats for giants stadium available closer to the date, right?

i'm so sad right now

:o
    sad ?

dont be sad,
    :P
    the tour is about to begin !

:mrgreen:

And yes there will be drops as the showdate approaches, especially in the gigantic stadium out in east rutherford.

Only LOVE can leave such a mark......
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options

i'm so sad right now

you shouldn't be sad....there are 2 shows...stadium shows....you'll be able to find a ticket....and if to, they'll be back around next year :D
  • Options
    norm wrote:

i'm so sad right now

you shouldn't be sad....there are 2 shows...stadium shows....you'll be able to find a ticket....and if to, they'll be back around next year :D
    yay i feel better :D i just hope if i do get tickets they aren't like so far away that i might as well be home... thats what people say of stadium shows right? i've only ever been to ballrooms and arenas. i wonder if it'll still be worth it if i'm so far away... and are they a band that usually plays the same exact playlist every show? i'd probably still go to both shows if i could anyway :twisted:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
  • Options
    norm wrote:

i'm so sad right now

yay i feel better :D i just hope if i do get tickets they aren't like so far away that i might as well be home... thats what people say of stadium shows right? i've only ever been to ballrooms and arenas. i wonder if it'll still be worth it if i'm so far away... and are they a band that usually plays the same exact playlist every show? i'd probably still go to both shows if i could anyway :twisted:

if you can swing it, go to at least one of the stadium shows....i didn't go to the zoo tv shows because they were in stadiums and from what i gather, they were kick ass shows....they'll be back in arenas so you'll get the chance :)
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    if you can swing it, go to at least one of the stadium shows....i didn't go to the zoo tv shows because they were in stadiums and from what i gather, they were kick ass shows....they'll be back in arenas so you'll get the chance :)
    im gonna get tickets to this tour. i just am. i have decided! right when you said zoo tv shows were stadium, that cinched it. i just got a dvd of them in sydney during the zoo tv tour and it was totally awesome. and if i dont get good seats at least i'll be ready for the next tour and it'll be all that much awesome.
    i am SO ready for this! :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :geek:
  • Options
    stadium shows get the bad wrap,

but this is an alltogeher new experience with the new stagesetup and " the claw " .
    Its gonna be great , no matter where you are situated inside the stadium.

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    stadium shows get the bad wrap,

but this is an alltogeher new experience with the new stagesetup and " the claw " .
    Its gonna be great , no matter where you are situated inside the stadium.

oooooo thanks for the link.. it looks awesome! i'm gonna have so much fun at this concert :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rolling Stone
    May 06, 2009

You can always count on U2 to deliver eye-catching music videos, but with director Alex Courtes, the Irish rockers may have found their muse. Together, the pair has produced some truly wondrous, cinematic stunners, including 2004's "Vertigo" and "Get On Your Boots," the first single from the band's twelfth studio set, 2009's No Line on the Horizon.

But while "Boots" presented fans with a striking, green-screen rendered visual collage amid a captivating performance from Bono and company set in the cosmos, the four-and-a-half minute clip for U2's second single, "Magnificent," which debuted on the band's site this morning, utilizes the beautiful city of Fez, Morocco, as its backdrop.

Shot in March, the video consists largely of another brilliant performance from U2, inside the garden of a local riad. But the action does shift between U2's performance, close-up imagery of people running through the city, and wide shots of the city, its buildings draped in white sheets, which slither off the tops of palatial mosques and the tiled rooftops of the North African city.

The video also features slice-of-life footage shot within the medieval city, of its ancient edifices, its bustling markets, its denizens toiling and its youth playing.

The song, which was originally titled "French Disco," revolves around a pair of lovers "holding on to each other and trying to turn their life into worship," No Line producer Daniel Lanois said in a recent interview. "We wanted to have something euphoric and Bono came up with that little melody. And he loved that melody, and stuck with it. Almost like a fanfare. And then I was involved in the lyrical process on that, because we wanted to talk about sacrifice that one makes for one's medium or one's art."

© Rolling Stone, 2009.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    CAUTION - RUMOR ALERT

From past weekend's Contra Costa Times ... PURE speculation, but, I like the thinking ....
    Bridge School Benefit: I'll officially kick off the annual rumor mill with the bold prediction that U2 will headline the 2009 Bridge shows. That's not just wishful thinking; the scheduling makes a lot of sense. Bono and the boys will be on the West Coast in late October for shows in Los Angeles and Vancouver, and it's quite peculiar that they've sidestepped the Bay Area. U2 says it won't add any more dates to its mega-stadium tour this year, but an appearance at the Bridge doesn't appear out of the question. Keep your fingers crossed for when the lineup is officially announced, usually in August or September.

http://m.contracostatimes.com/contracos ... &full=true
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rolling Stone
    May 06, 2009

You can always count on U2 to deliver eye-catching music videos, but with director Alex Courtes, the Irish rockers may have found their muse. Together, the pair has produced some truly wondrous, cinematic stunners, including 2004's "Vertigo" and "Get On Your Boots," the first single from the band's twelfth studio set, 2009's No Line on the Horizon.

But while "Boots" presented fans with a striking, green-screen rendered visual collage amid a captivating performance from Bono and company set in the cosmos, the four-and-a-half minute clip for U2's second single, "Magnificent," which debuted on the band's site this morning, utilizes the beautiful city of Fez, Morocco, as its backdrop.

Shot in March, the video consists largely of another brilliant performance from U2, inside the garden of a local riad. But the action does shift between U2's performance, close-up imagery of people running through the city, and wide shots of the city, its buildings draped in white sheets, which slither off the tops of palatial mosques and the tiled rooftops of the North African city.

The video also features slice-of-life footage shot within the medieval city, of its ancient edifices, its bustling markets, its denizens toiling and its youth playing.

The song, which was originally titled "French Disco," revolves around a pair of lovers "holding on to each other and trying to turn their life into worship," No Line producer Daniel Lanois said in a recent interview. "We wanted to have something euphoric and Bono came up with that little melody. And he loved that melody, and stuck with it. Almost like a fanfare. And then I was involved in the lyrical process on that, because we wanted to talk about sacrifice that one makes for one's medium or one's art."

© Rolling Stone, 2009.

Magnificent
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    CAUTION - RUMOR ALERT

From past weekend's Contra Costa Times ... PURE speculation, but, I like the thinking ....
    Bridge School Benefit: I'll officially kick off the annual rumor mill with the bold prediction that U2 will headline the 2009 Bridge shows. That's not just wishful thinking; the scheduling makes a lot of sense. Bono and the boys will be on the West Coast in late October for shows in Los Angeles and Vancouver, and it's quite peculiar that they've sidestepped the Bay Area. U2 says it won't add any more dates to its mega-stadium tour this year, but an appearance at the Bridge doesn't appear out of the question. Keep your fingers crossed for when the lineup is officially announced, usually in August or September.

http://m.contracostatimes.com/contracos ... &full=true

and if pearl jam who haven't played there since 06 were to also be there

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    happy birthday bono
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    I am looking forward to both shows at Gillette Stadium. I have (Red) Zone tickets for one of the shows, so I am curious to see if I am going to be with a bunch of douchebags or not. ;)

By the way, "Magnificent" is by far the best song on "No Line On The Horizon."
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,363
    I am looking forward to both shows at Gillette Stadium. I have (Red) Zone tickets for one of the shows, so I am curious to see if I am going to be with a bunch of douchebags or not. ;)

I'll be one of those "douchebags" at the Monday show in Red Zone. :mrgreen:
    From what I can tell, especially for Monday when the bidding stayed reasonable a lot of die hard U2 fans grabbed Red Zone, it won't just be rich Uncle Pennybags and his cohorts.

And I agree about Magnificent, top track for sure on the disc.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    happy birthday bono
    Next year will be the big one, wonder if they'll be on the road in May, could be an epic show if they are playing on 5/10/2010. I was at Larry's 40th on 10/31/01 in Providence and that was pretty cool, played "Slow Dancing" and of course "Party Girl" while Larry had some cake and champagne.
  • Options
    wish i coulda made it up to gilette,

i'll have to be happy with 2 shows at giants stadium this time around,

i'm assuming they'll return with a leg 2 or 3 with indoor arenas as done in the past.

thankfully any event happening out in the swamps of New Jersey has the intangible of Bruce walking out onstage for a quick cameo . I think this is approaching near Bruces birthday , so heck maye he'll show up too ,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    Poncier wrote:

I'll be one of those "douchebags" at the Monday show in Red Zone. :mrgreen:
    From what I can tell, especially for Monday when the bidding stayed reasonable a lot of die hard U2 fans grabbed Red Zone, it won't just be rich Uncle Pennybags and his cohorts.

And I agree about Magnificent, top track for sure on the disc.
    I'll be in (Red) Zone 2 on Monday night.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    I'm in Red 2 as well, unfortunately I think 2 is Adam's side based on the Houston seating chart:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/98764/27555

but who knows. Should be good either way.