Options

" ~~~ U2 ~~~ "

Comments

• Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 617
    No dates in Northern California? Perhaps one will be added later? Talk about getting the shaft. We've sold out a total of 9 shows the last 2 tours and now we get nothing? This stadium tour idea is stupid. I honestly think the reason behind it is Bono's voice. There's no way it could take another 75 plus arena shows. So instead they're playing 1/3 the shows spaced out with no back to back dates.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    is U2 worth seeeing in a stadium setting?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    Nothing is worth seeing in a stadium setting, unless you are in the first 10 rows.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    is U2 worth seeeing in a stadium setting?

This is super encouraging though....

“U2 has always been at their best when surrounded by their audience, this staging takes a giant leap forward,” said U2 manager Paul McGuinness. “With 85 percent of the tickets priced at less than $95, general admission floor tickets priced at $55 and at least 10,000 tickets at every venue priced at the $30 price range, we have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great priced ticket with a guaranteed great view.”
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    okay, that doesnt seem too bad. maybe i will get a 30 dollar ticket to see these bums again. :lol:
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    these tour schedule sucks, really... why the fuck have they not released all the dates of the summer tour? I mean every show will be soldout so why are they that careful and holding back information from the fans, it's pretty difficult to plan wher ti go ( :)) and see them if you don't know whether they add shows in your city or another one very close.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    no philly shows?

what gives, u2 ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    http://www.u2.com/stream/article/display/id/4624

09 March 2009
    The band have today confirmed that their U2 U2 360° Tour will open at the Nou Camp Stadium in Barcelona on 30th June. Sponsored by BlackBerry, it is the band's first stadium outing since the Vertigo Tour 05/06 and follows the release of their acclaimed album, No Line On The Horizon.

Their 12th studio album, No Line On The Horizon, is already number 1 in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Finland, Japan and the Czech Republic with further chart positions to be announced this week.

Produced by Live Nation Global Touring, U2 360° will visit 14 cities across Europe including dates in Milan, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Nice, Dublin, Chorzow, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, London, Sheffield and Glasgow before finishing at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on August 22.

The European tour will be followed by dates in North America beginning at Chicago's Soldier Field on September 12th, 2009. Find all the tour dates on our Tour page.

Long-time U2 Show Director Willie Williams has worked again with architect Mark Fisher (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo), to create an innovative 360° design which affords an unobstructed view for the audience. U2 360° also marks the first time a band has toured in stadiums with such a unique and original structure.

"U2 has always been at their best when surrounded by the audience, this staging takes a giant leap forward. With 85 percent of the tickets priced at less than 95 Euro, general admission floor tickets priced at 55 euro and at least 10,000 tickets at every venue priced at the 30 Euro price range, we have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great priced ticket with a guaranteed great view" says U2's manager Paul McGuinness.

Arthur Fogel, CEO Global Touring/Chairman - Global Music Live Nation: "Following the overwhelming worldwide success of the Vertigo tour where every available ticket was sold, there is tremendous anticipation for this tour and to experience this revolutionary production. As usual fans will not be disappointed."

"This tour announcement marks the first stage of a relationship and shared vision between RIM and U2 that we expect will lead to new and innovative ways to enhance the mobile music experience on the BlackBerry platform for U2 fans," added Paul McGuinness. "We look forward to sharing more details as the relationship unfolds."

In keeping with their long-standing tradition, U2 will welcome a number of different support acts to the tour including Glasvegas, Elbow, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol and Black Eyed Peas with additional artists to be announced.

Tickets for U2 U2 360° performances in Milan and Gothenburg go on sale this Friday, March 13th. Tickets for the Amsterdam performance go on sale this Saturday, March 14th.

Full details of all dates and on-sale information as well as a virtual model of the unique production and seating positions can be found here.

As usual, existing subscribers to U2.com will have an opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public on sale date.

U2 360° Tour is produced by Live Nation Global Touring.

and check out the stageshow setup

http://360.u2.com/
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    finally received my limited edition NLOTH package

contains:

CD Album,
    DVD with Anton Corbijn Film,
    64 page Book,
    and a FOLD OUT POSTER.

also brokedown and got the double album gatefolde on 180 gram vinyls.
    sweet .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,631
    Look for 3 dates at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, September 16-18,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    man that tour web page is cool though

the virtual stage for each venue is very cool

if it is indeed possible to get seats for $55, then I will be psyched for these shows

and to you hardcores, where can I find "winter" without springing for the deluxe version?

thanks
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Get_Right wrote:

if it is indeed possible to get seats for $55, then I will be psyched for these shows

and to you hardcores, where can I find "winter" without springing for the deluxe version?

thanks
    Winter
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    dharma69 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

thanks
    Winter

THANKS!!!! I appreciate that.
  • Options
    boston show being webcast live tonight on u2.com at 9pm eastern.

http://www.u2.com/news/article/4630
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm calling time on seeing U2 after 41 shows. I just didn't feel the same excitement when I last saw them in Hawaii in 06. PJ and Bruce I'll see until hell freezes, but I'm putting cash money into festivals like Coachella and Sasquatch, Bruce in Philly, Throbbing Gristle's first US shows since 81, and as many PJ shows I can get to, and Philly 2010 futbol season tix.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

thanks
    Winter

Is this the only additional track that is currently out there?
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • Options
    i watched the entire " Linear " DVD today by Anton Corbijn and Bono ( included in the Limited Edition Boxset ).
    I dont know what the story is fully about just yet, other than the dude driving the vespa scooter all over what looks like Europe .
    ( * edit : Ok it is Paris and he is a motorcycle cop involved in a love story )
    Im really enjoying Magnificent , Unknown Callerr and Breathe.

Cant weait to see the live 360 show/tour./
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I listened to the entire album on their Myspace page and was very unimpressed. Every song seem sto take 1:30 - 2 minutes to get to vocals and the intros are slow and boring, so it's not like the time passes quickly. The album as a whole lacks the excitement and energy that their past work has always had. There were really only 2 or 3 songs on the album that I liked enough to want to hear again. The title track isn't one of them. I was looking forward to a new U2 album, but this one is a diappointment for me following their last two albums, which were both amazing.
  • Options
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004 ... norcatid=1

Venue pre sale for U2 at Giants Stadium
    i got 4 decent seats downstairs .

venue presale code:

access
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    u2 new stage setup:

http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=1349

1349-1.jpg

Inside U2's Plans to Rock Stadiums Around the Globe

March 23, 2009

Rolling Stone graphic

Source: Rolling Stone

Brian Hiatt

Toward the end of U2's last tour, in November 2006, longtime show director Willie Williams presented the band with sketches of a four-legged monster -- a massive structure with speakers mounted on each side that would allow the group to play stadium shows in the round. On the new U2 360° Tour, which hits the U.S. beginning September 12th, in Chicago (and kicks off in Barcelona, on June 30th), Williams' vision will finally come to life. "The band is just sitting in the palm of the audience's hand," says Williams. "It really works." Adds Bono, "It creates this real physical proximity to the crowd."

The U.S. dates (13 cities this fall, and then another leg in spring 2010) will be U2's first stadium shows here since their troubled PopMart Tour -- and in a nod to the economic crisis, tickets will be priced as low as $30. "Once the engineering had been devised, it obviously has the effect of expanding the capacity of the stadiums," says U2 manager Paul McGuinness. "And it enables us to subsidize lower-priced tickets with higher-priced tickets." Adds drummer Larry Mullen Jr., "Will we sell it out? Who knows? Will the economic situation have an impact? Probably. But that's not going to stop us." With 120 trucks needed just to cart the stage around, the tour will be U2's most expensive ever -- the band will defray costs in part by taking on a corporate sponsor for the first time, BlackBerry. (Conscious of its environmental impact, the group will be purchasing carbon offsets.)

U2 have already had a chance to play live versions of several songs from No Line on the Horizon, which came out on March 3rd -- their promotional blitz included an entire week on the David Letterman show, as well as a March 11th theater gig just outside of Boston. The band is also shooting a video for the album's second single, "Magnificent" -- among the candidates for future singles are "Breathe" and "Moment of Surrender."

Bono hopes the tour will be more than just a spectacle. "We want to play for each other as much as we want to play for the crowd this time," he says. "You just don't know how long you are going to be doing this. When we walk out onstage, the hairs on people's necks go up -- but what people don't know is that the hairs on our necks go up too."

Meet the Claw: U2's Massive New Stage Set:

Inspiration: U2 show director Willie Williams got the idea for the in-the-round set (nicknamed "the Claw") from the futuristic, Disney-style Theme Building at LAX: It looks like a spaceship on four legs.

Structure: At 164 feet tall, the Claw, Williams says, is twice as high as the previous largest stadium stage set, from the Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour. "Theirs would fit underneath this one," he says.

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system -- each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72 separate subwoofers.

Logistics: Currently being assembled in pieces around the world, the set will be made of solid steel -- 120 trucks will cart it from show to show.

© Rolling Stone, 2009.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Just snagged 4 GA Field Tickets to the Gillette Stadium show in the presale. So pumped!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Giants Stadium 4 together downstairs ( almost midfield ) were easily gettable.

sweet.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Anyone know the presale password for Gillette? Thanks in advance.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    vancouver presale?
  • Options
    vancouver presale?

i got an email from the fox saying that the ticket details would be announced on Monday
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Have a ticket for Cardiff Millennium Stadium, the last night of the European leg should be great, will be my first time since POP 97 which I found the best I ever saw them definitely over ZOO TV 92 & Zooropa 93.

Can't wait and still digging the new album big time!
  • Options
    Anyone know the presale password for Gillette? Thanks in advance.

There isn't one specific presale password for the tour. It is an individual, exclusive password for each paying member. It is actually around 10 random number and letters..not even a word. For once a band is doing this whole thing right (other than the obvious methods used by Pearl Jam). You can also only use the password for 4 tickets over the whole tour, making it easier for people to get the show they want, and more difficult for people to stockpile tickets. The presale was set up over three days. 1st day it was exclusive to old members, today it was for people who signed up within the past month or so, and tomorrow you can buy the membership and presale options through ticketmaster. The membership is $50.00 and you get a double disc cd of unreleased material, as well as a 25% of coupon to be used on one complete order from U2 online.

I ended up paying $340.00 for the membership and 4 GA field tickets. Not a bad price considering lower level tickets range from around $97-$225 before all the charges. Well worth it in my opinion.

The GA tickets are also only allowed to be hard tickets, no ticketfast.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    jervin007 wrote:

I believe U2 are also implementing the random lottery-scan for every GA ticket again also, which the winner sets off an alarm and then gets a bracelet for inside the stage area / with a friend..... ( it was a heart at one time , this time theyre using the new "claw" setup )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

I believe U2 are also implementing the random lottery-scan for every GA ticket again also, which the winner sets off an alarm and then gets a bracelet for inside the stage area / with a friend..... ( it was a heart at one time , this time theyre using the new "claw" setup )

Oh yeah? I didn't realize they did that for the last tour. I know for the elevation tour you had to wait in line earlier in the day (or week, I don't really remember) to get a bracelet. It will be my first time doing the GA Floor for U2, so hopefully I win that lottery! Either way I will be getting their early to get a good spot!
    PJ: