My Morning Jacket - Academy, Manchester (June 27th, 2008)

Comments

• Thanks, I will stop now... Guides honor :)

:p I really don't mind. I just wish they'd come to Ireland. And I'd even hope you guys could make it that show if it ever happened. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • :p I really don't mind. I just wish they'd come to Ireland. And I'd even hope you guys could make it that show if it ever happened. : )

Ah man I'd travel to Ireland to see 'em for sure! :D You can grant us free accomodation ;) (j/k :))

I would like to see MMJ again now please :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Ah man I'd travel to Ireland to see 'em for sure! :D You can grant us free accomodation ;) (j/k )

I would like to see MMJ again now please :(

I'd like to see them for the first time now please. :o:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I'd like to see them for the first time now please. :o:p

:eek: have you not seen them at all?!

awww damnit, now I feel guilty for rubbing it in :o:(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• :eek: have you not seen them at all?!

awww damnit, now I feel guilty for rubbing it in :o:(

Closest I've come is the Okonokos DVD. But seriously, don't feel bad. I was laughing the whole time. :D
  • I just wish they'd come to Ireland.

Look what I just found....

http://www.oxegen.ie/2008/lineup

12th July - 'Pet Sounds'

;)

• Look what I just found....

http://www.oxegen.ie/2008/lineup

12th July - 'Pet Sounds'

;)

:eek:

I'm gonna go shoot myself in the face for not getting tickets for that. :(
  • :eek:

I'm gonna go shoot myself in the face for not getting tickets for that. :(

You should, especially as your location is Kildare! :rolleyes:

Anyway you can get a last minute day ticket?

• You should, especially as your location is Kildare! :rolleyes:

Anyway you can get a last minute day ticket?

I'm not sure - the Oxegen festival usually sells out before the line-up's even announced, and even then, I'm not even sure if they offer day tickets. And even then...

I'm so broke. :o:p

But I'm gonna try, dammit. :D
  • Well, I just checked and there are no single day tickets for Saturday. :mad: This must have been just recently announced too, cos I checked their website's tour page like crazy since their European tour was announced. Well this is shit. :(
  • Well, I just checked and there are no single day tickets for Saturday. :mad: This must have been just recently announced too, cos I checked their website's tour page like crazy since their European tour was announced. Well this is shit. :(

yes... yes it is :(:mad:

Awww I really want you to see them now! *huff* :(

• yes... yes it is :(:mad:

Awww I really want you to see them now! *huff* :(

I'll get my chance. :) But I am gonna start checking the Drive-By Truckers page constantly now - if they started off with no Irish date, then quietly announced one like what MMJ did, I may implode.
  • I'll get my chance. :) But I am gonna start checking the Drive-By Truckers page constantly now - if they started off with no Irish date, then quietly announced one like what MMJ did, I may implode.

:eek: Eeek! Just make sure they're not lined up at Oxygen or anything like that and keep a close eye on their site... We don't want a big squishy Irish mess swaying in a corner and muttering about MMJ and Drive By Truckers!

• :eek: Eeek! Just make sure they're not lined up at Oxygen or anything like that and keep a close eye on their site... We don't want a big squishy Irish mess swaying in a corner and muttering about MMJ and Drive By Truckers!

I checked... no Irish dates. It's both a relief and a disappointment. :p BUT: they're playing the Academy, along with about 3 other English dates. You should totally go. :D
  • I checked... no Irish dates. It's both a relief and a disappointment. :p BUT: they're playing the Academy, along with about 3 other English dates. You should totally go. :D

Hmm... not really heard much of their stuff... "you should totally..." send me some :p;)

I live Nr Birmingham so Manchester is a bit of a trek for a band I don't know so well... :o

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Hmm... not really heard much of their stuff... "you should totally..." send me some :p; )

I live Nr Birmingham so Manchester is a bit of a trek for a band I don't know so well... :o
    And probably much more expensive than a Ryanair flight. :p

So if you were a REAL fan, you'd come over here to see them! ;):p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • audiodave wrote:
    And probably much more expensive than a Ryanair flight. :p

So if you were a REAL fan, you'd come over here to see them!

Oh, it's in consideration. :D They're playing London, Bristol, Nottingham and Manchester in the space of a week. It all depends on what kinda cheap flights are on offer. :p

I'm uploading a zip file of some of their stuff for you guys right now, by the way. :) I'll send a pm when it's ready.
  • Oh, it's in consideration. :D They're playing London, Bristol, Nottingham and Manchester in the space of a week. It all depends on what kinda cheap flights are on offer. :p

I'm uploading a zip file of some of their stuff for you guys right now, by the way. :) I'll send a pm when it's ready.

FANKS!!! :D

• FANKS!!! :D

Sent. Enjoy. :D
  • Sent. Enjoy. :D
    *listens*

OoooOoOOOoooooOOOHHHH!!!! Me like! :D:D:D

• *listens*

OoooOoOOOoooooOOOHHHH!!!! Me like! :D:D:D

Excellent! :D Enough to wanna see them live? :p
  • Excellent! :D Enough to wanna see them live? : p

You know... They really are my cup'o'tea... :o I probably would go if I knew more of their stuff :o:)

I really love Where the Devil Don't Stay and Zip City, it's good stuff! Mucho Gladbags my friend :)

• You know... They really are my cup'o'tea... :o I probably would go if I knew more of their stuff

I really love Where the Devil Don't Stay and Zip City, it's good stuff! Mucho Gladbags my friend :)

There are days when I far prefer DBT to Pearl Jam - they're that good. :)

Now: to ryanair.com!
  • There are days when I far prefer DBT to Pearl Jam - they're that good. :)

Now: to ryanair.com!

Are you honestly looking at coming over for their gigs?!

Kudos to you :D

See, from what I've heard, I don't think they'd get into my top 5 bands (MMJ are creeping up after the gig... sat comfortably at #6 atm...) and there will never be a day on God's green earth that anyone will overtake PJ in the #1 slot but! I could seriously get more into their stuff :)

• Are you honestly looking at coming over for their gigs?!

Kudos to you :D

See, from what I've heard, I don't think they'd get into my top 5 bands (MMJ are creeping up after the gig... sat comfortably at #6 atm...) and there will never be a day on God's green earth that anyone will overtake PJ in the #1 slot but! I could seriously get more into their stuff :)

I dunno, it'll depend on funds and flights, but hey, why the hell not? :D But there's a small possibility I'll be in the US at the time. Which, y'know... wouldn't be so bad either. :p
  • bold99bold99 Posts: 17
    DBT and MMJ are my two favorite live bands on the planet right now. I've see DBT 3 times this year and I will see MMJ 3 times before the year is over. Can't wait.
  • Hooray! After intensive investigation, and thorough research (5 minutes on ryanair.com and ticketmaster.ie), me and a friend are most likely going to see DBT in Manchester! :D For cheaps!
  • anothermananotherman Posts: 12
    Can you believe people were dismissing them when they opened for PJ? It was like seeing two main acts back to back - not a common occurrence. MMJ is awesome.
  • Hooray! After intensive investigation, and thorough research (5 minutes on ryanair.com and ticketmaster.ie), me and a friend are most likely going to see DBT in Manchester! :D For cheaps!
    Excellent!! :D

How cheap? When? How much were tickets?
    anotherman wrote:
    Can you believe people were dismissing them when they opened for PJ? It was like seeing two main acts back to back - not a common occurrence. MMJ is awesome.

I can't believe anyone would dismiss MMJ full stop. They're amazing and possibly one of the best bands i've ever seen live! :D

• ZjorZZjorZ Posts: 15
    Going to see them next tuesday in the Melkweg(Milky Way) in Amsterdam :D. I just know this band for some days, after reading the very positive posts about them on this board. Then I saw they're coming to Amsterdam and tickets were only 15 euro's (like 20 dollars or so). So I just bought tickets for me and a friend, after I heard just 3 songs or so. So I blame all of you if they're gonna be a waste of my 15 euro's :D