Options

American Idol? Need your vote!

bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I never thought I'd ever watch this show or be asking this on here..but..one of my friends just made the final 12 guys on American Idol. We are all shocked and freaking out here in Richmond,VA. I am asking my Jamily friends to support my buddy...Elliott Yamin. He could use your vote. Trust me this guy has talent and he is a awesome singer. You may have seen him already, you may not have. Tune in and see for yourself. I know I may get flamed for this, but if supporting a good friend and his dreams is so bad...flame away. Thanks.

VOTE FOR ELLIOTT!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=7984568&blogID=88285559&MyToken=97d6da92-9416-437c-8c79-199e368a46a8

http://www.idolonfox.com/videos/?vid=155
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We don't usually watch Idol, but thought we'd check it out. He is a good singer. Good luck to him. Very nice of you to support him. We don't vote on the show, but wish him well. We have visited Richmond, it's a beautiful city, and also have relatives in VA. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    We don't usually watch Idol, but thought we'd check it out. He is a good singer. Good luck to him. Very nice of you to support him. We don't vote on the show, but wish him well. We have visited Richmond, it's a beautiful city, and also have relatives in VA. :)

Thanks...his brother is actually my best friend. Richmond is nice. Not to big and not to small. I have enjoyed the almost 9 years I have been here. Thanks for responding. If you decide to vote...well...thanks again.
  • Options
    thanks for posting the photo...i wasn't sure which guy you meant. he's a good singer and seems like a genuine guy. good luck to your friend! :)
  • Options
    thanks for posting the photo...i wasn't sure which guy you meant. he's a good singer and seems like a genuine guy. good luck to your friend! :)

Thanks...I can't wait til people hear him sing more..they've only showed him singing once.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    heyyyyyy are any of you guys DSF grads??? Elliot went there and so did I! He has a great voice!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    heyyyyyy are any of you guys DSF grads??? Elliot went there and so did I! He has a great voice!

Nope, not a Freeman grad. I have only been in Richmond 9 years. Please spread the word in your area. Thanks.
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    ill vote for him!!!!

embrace wrote:

embrace you live in wc right now?
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    absolutely will spread the word around here.
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• Options
    yup...live and work here. you???

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Ill wish him good luck but Im not spending however much on a text or phonecall. Plus long distance charges.

So Good Luck!! :)
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    yup...live and work here. you???
    live nearby
    work there
    went to school there
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I'm from Virginia, I'll always support a Virginia guy. Haven't watched last night's show, must catch up on TiVo.
    Good luck to your friend.
  • Options
    thatgirl.... you went to dsf ? how long have you've been in these parts?

• Options
    embrace wrote:
    thatgirl.... you went to dsf ? how long have you've been in these parts?
    no! sorry, i meant wcu lol
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bobasfeet wrote:
    I never thought I'd ever watch this show or be asking this on here..but..one of my friends just made the final 12 guys on American Idol. We are all shocked and freaking out here in Richmond,VA. I am asking my Jamily friends to support my buddy...Elliott Yamin. He could use your vote. Trust me this guy has talent and he is a awesome singer. You may have seen him already, you may not have. Tune in and see for yourself. I know I may get flamed for this, but if supporting a good friend and his dreams is so bad...flame away. Thanks.

VOTE FOR ELLIOTT!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=7984568&blogID=88285559&MyToken=97d6da92-9416-437c-8c79-199e368a46a8

No prob... I'm a American Idol whore and watch it religously.... he's going to have to beat out the white hair guy to get my vote... heh

BTW - is he a PJ fan?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    lol!!! I actually live right down the street from wcu...love the area-esp going to philly,only been around for 3 years but having a good time.

• Options
    embrace wrote:
    lol!!! I actually live right down the street from wcu...love the area-esp going to philly,only been around for 3 years but having a good time.
    haha sorry to hear that!

and sorry to derail this thread! i didnt mean to people!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    and sorry to derail this thread! i didnt mean to people!!!

yeah me too!

• Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    haha sorry to hear that!

and sorry to derail this thread! i didnt mean to people!!!!!!!!

Vote for Elliott!!!..see now we are back on track. Allgood.
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Vote for Elliott!!!..see now we are back on track. Allgood.
    consider it done!!!!!!!
  • Options
    No prob... I'm a American Idol whore and watch it religously.... he's going to have to beat out the white hair guy to get my vote... heh

BTW - is he a PJ fan?

Dude ..I can understand. I am from Alabama.
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    I can just imagine genuine fans of music checking this board out through curiosity and seeing some of the shit on this page...

American Idol, someone who doesn't know how to spell battle...

it looks like a fuckin backstreet boys forum.
  • Options
    PaulJam wrote:
    I can just imagine genuine fans of music checking this board out through curiosity and seeing some of the shit on this page...

American Idol, someone who doesn't know how to spell battle...

it looks like a fuckin backstreet boys forum.

Right...later dude. I guess I'm not a "genuine" music fan..way to play the stereotype. For all you folks that understand what supporting your friends is about, you can check out his profile here...

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/elliott_yamin/
  • Options
    I can't stand American Idol, but Richmond is my home so I might have to watch and vote.
    I can't promise anything if he starts singing 98 degrees or new kid blah blah blah B.S.

What county is he from??
    Henrico, Hanover, Chesterfield, New Kent???
    Mike V

"Can't buy what you want because it's free"
    Corduroy
    Vitalogy

Choices are made, but only you can make them.
    You live life, but does it live for you?
    Facades pop up in this world everyday.
    Only you can decide to see through them or help put another brick in the wall.
  • Options
    MikeVon wrote:
    I can't stand American Idol, but Richmond is my home so I might have to watch and vote.
    I can't promise anything if he starts singing 98 degrees or new kid blah blah blah B.S.

What county is he from??
    Henrico, Hanover, Chesterfield, New Kent???

Henrico ... Thanks!! His style is kinda old school R&B ..He can do a mean Stevie Wonder. We went to karaoke one night and he blew some folks minds.
  • Options
    I GO TO DSF!!!!!

I actually just heard about this at school the past few days. Anywee, its pretty sweet to find some fellow Richmond/DSFers on here. Go Rebs!

District Champs Baby!!
    Godwin sucks!
  • Options
    is he the guy with shaved head?

that one black guy sure was arrogant and confidant
  • Options
    is he the guy with shaved head?

that one black guy sure was arrogant and confidant

Nope short hair ...
    http://www.idolonfox.com/videos/?vid=155
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,794
    I've only watched 2 shows ever, the last 2 actually, and Taylor Hicks just blows me away. I know he won't win as his style is not popular, but damn is he an awesome singer and harmonica player.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options