--{({The=White=Stripes=})}--

Comments

• night number 2 at the greek theater blew away the previous night's show. still shocked that these shows arent sold out, as they seat only 6,000 people. the band bolted onto the stage in a flash and ripped open with Black Math. I dont have the complete setlist, but I remember (not in order):

Black Math
    Little Ghost
    I Think I Smell a Rat (little tease, not the whole song)
    Passive Manipulation x2 - once with piano, other with electric guitar
    Denial Twist
    Seven Nation Army
    My Doorbell
    As Ugly as I Seem
    We Are Going to Be Friends -with Brendan Benson
    Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground - on piano
    Blue Orchid
    The Big Three
    I Fought Piranhas
    Love Sick
    The Nurse
    Boll Weevil
    Death Letter
    Do
    Hardest Button to Button
    Lets Shake Hands
    Yorba
    Girl You Have No Faith in Medicine
    When 'I Hear My Name
    I Think I Smell a Rat
    Ball and Biscuit
    Forever For Her

Jack was making jokes about Paris Hilton as it seemed she was in the first row behind the pit from where I was standing. he said something about the crowd sounding like her dog Tinkerbell being thrown underneath a truck and getting squished, and how he checked with PETA and it was okay for him to say that. The last 10 minutes he must have mentioned Paris 6 or 7 times. He was upbeat and digging the vibe. I remeber Eddie's qoute about the Greek Theater being "the devil's backyard" as orange lights made the trees surround the venue look otherworldly, and Meg's shadow from the lights hitting her behind her drumkit could be seen on the trees making it look like a 6 story monster was bashing away with sticks as the bright summer moon rose above the head of her massive shadow, almost looking like a glowing crown.
    It was really an amazing vibe tonight.
    and I still have two more shows to go to.

thanks to idrather be for being so kind to me. love ya. hope you enjoyed the show!!!! and I hope to seeya there thursday!

more to come...

Leave it to me to not see this post for TWO friggin months...

THIS SHOW KICKED ASS. And oh by the way, my little brother sigh eternally insisted I take his INCREDIBLE ticket (how's 5th row center sound?) and switch with me because he was seeing them 2 more nights after this one...

...ahhh, it just makes your heart swell. :)

I'm totally digging this band. Didn't own a single thing by them till after this show. I was blown away, and I'm pretty jaded/seasoned/hard to impress any more, being the old ass rocker that I am... WOW. Jack is INCREDIBLY talented, and he was all over the stage. Meg's looking hot too, and what a small/HUGE presence she is. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I wish I could have made it to the Thursday show as well, but work won the battle. :( However, this show definitely made an impression, and I'm in the fan camp now. :D

I just ordered the "Under Blackpool Lights" dvd and can't wait to get it.

All hail TWS!!! Nice thread, Lydi... ;)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Awesome post Lizzy & thanks for the props. ;) I'm so glad you've gotten into this band. :D Hey, leave it to their live shows to take the "already in love" and push them into complete & total obession...and leave it to them to take the "not knowing" or "non- believers" and make them KNOW and BELIEVE. :D Oh the power.

Speaking of WHITE STRIPES live. AHHH!!! :D

It's just been announced....

THE WHITE STRIPES ~~> will headline Live 105's (local station) yearly Not So Silent Christmas
    and perform an extended (in comparision to the other bands) 60 minute set.

HELL YES!! {{:D}} Happy day! Looks like I gotta sneak ONE more show in before the year's end. ;) There is no way in hell I can deny this band...especially in a live setting. Ooo perhaps I'll finally get to hear my beloved RED RAIN?! :eek: Ooo or Same Boy You've Allways Known....or I want to Be the boy!! AHH! There's just too much goodness. I just can't even wait to see them again. I've been so thirsty for more ever since I saw them 3 months ago. I'm SO happy they're playing this show! :D

Hey, wouldn't mind here this mighty/instant classic one either...

;)

««Take, Take, Take««

I was sitting there in a comfortable chair
    And that was all that I needed
    Then my friend offered me a drink for us to share
    Well, then I felt at ease
    But then I'm not too hard to please
    I guess you couldn't call me greedy
    Then I was shocked to look up
    And see rita hayworth there in a place so seedy
    She walked into the bar with her long, red, curly hair
    And I said to my friend, "good god, we're lucky men just to even see her"

Take, take, take
    Take, take, take
    Take, take, take

And I could not resist, I just had to get close to her
    I walked and loomed around her table for a while
    Then I said, "i hate to bug you, ma'am, but can I have your autograph?"
    She pressed her lips against a white piece of paper
    Then I saw what she wrote, my heart is in my mouth
    Then she handed it to me, and I think that she could see
    That that was all that I needed
    I started to walk away but then I remembered 'hey, I forgot to get a picture'
    So I asked her one more time, "could I have another favor?"
    That was all that I needed
    She was kind and posed with me
    Then I knew my friend would see my celebrity meeting

Take, take, take
    Take, take, take
    Take, take, take

She turned and said to me, "I need to go to sleep,"
    And it seemed so mean
    It's almost as if she could not appreciate how cool I was being
    She said, "good night" and walked away
    And I didn't know what to say
    I just couldn't believe it
    Well, it's just not fair
    I want to get a piece of hair
    That was all that I needed
    Or maybe a kiss on the cheek
    I wouldn't wash it for a week
    That would be all that I needed
    But she didn't even care
    That I was even there
    What a horrible feeling

HAIL HAIL THE MIGHTY WHITE STRIPES :D

See you SO SOON Jackie Boy! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I go see them on Sunday, Glasgow Carling Academy and i cannot wait ! :D
    They were fukin AWESOME!!!
    Going in the door you get a blank cdr and some art work and when you get home you can DL Denial Twist so you have your own momento of the show, they are doing that for every venue!!

OMG! when Black Math started hahaha i was nearly trampled on - all good!
    LOVE THEM
    :D
    They were fukin AWESOME!!!
    Going in the door you get a blank cdr and some art work and when you get home you can DL Denial Twist so you have your own momento of the show, they are doing that for every venue!!

What??? Oooh man THAT is fuckin awesome amentvedder!! How cool that you get to walk away with a little momento like that, as if the actual show experience isn't enough! Wow. Again, very cool! SO glad you had such a kick ass time. I swear seeing this band live = guaranteed greatness. :D haha, and YES...Black Math is the SHIT! Meddle and I have a little shimmy dance that we do that one. :p Hopefully it'll be able to make an apperance TONIGHT. :D Trampled though? Daaamn. I ain't down for that at all. I hope Meddledeal and I will be ok on the floor tonight. I'm definitely gonna try to be as close to the almighty twosome as possible. I can't wait to witness the out of control talent that is JACKIE WHITE again! Maybe the more I see it the more I'll actually believe it. ;) Again, absolutely mind blowing how much music can come outta one man!

These 2 reeeeally does bring it live! Awww, and to witness that rockin chemistry is out of this world!

YEP, ....

Later on this evening I will be reunited with the AMAZING DUO once again!! :D I can't WAIT!!!!! What a way to top off an incredibly musical year.

Awww and I missed them on The Daily Show (still on the look out for vid that will play on my MAC) but I DID catch them on CONAN the other night! :D Loooooved it. I nearly collapsed when I relaized they were doing RED RAIN! *sigh* Fuckin brilliant!!! CONAN also chatted it up with Jack a little bit afterwards. :D The man is seriously such a bad ass.

***SO MUCH LOVE FOR THE MIGHTY STRIPES***

I'm thinking we'll probably hear this one tonight, which has me pumped up. It NEVER fails...and Meddle knows how I like to bust out the air guitar to this bad boy something fierce. haha. SUCH a kick ass, classic {{WS}} song!

That intro?! UH! Loooove this guitar work to bits. Mmmmm, and when those drums come crashing in?! Never will I tire of this kick ass song!!! It just demands you to sing along and rock the fuck out.

BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM

øøøøTHE HARDEST BUTTON TO BUTTONøøøø

We started living in an old house
    My ma gave birth and we were checking it out
    It was a baby boy
    So we bought him a toy
    It was a ray gun
    And it was 1981
    We named him Baby
    He had a toothache
    He started crying
    It sounded like an earthquake
    It didnt last long
    Because I stopped it
    I grabbed a rag doll
    And stuck some little pins in it
    Now were a family
    And were alright now
    We got money and a little place
    To fight now
    We dont know you
    And we dont owe you
    But if you see us around
    I got something else to show you
    Now its easy when you dont know better
    You think its sleazy?
    Then put it in a short letter
    We keep warm
    But theres just something wrong when you
    Just feel like youre the hardest little button
    To button
    I had opinions
    That didnt matter
    I had a brain
    That felt like pancake batter
    I got a backyard
    With nothing in it
    Except a stick
    A dog
    And a box with something in it
    The hardest button to button
    The hardest button to button UH OH
    The hardest button to button UH OH

"Lo√e, you know the word

<~~~ currently listening to one of my most listened to songs by ANYONE

AHHH! Excuse the shit outta me!!! I haven't posted this yet?!?! :eek: *slaps self* This is by far one of THE sexiest fuckin songs I have EVER heard!!!!!!!!!!$@#$#@ I can't praise it enough. It's just overflowing with super enriched grinding bluesyness. Jackie completely blows my mind on this one. The sounds that come outta this guitar here? :eek: :o Sweet lord! IS THIS LEGAL??? I can't even put into words what this one does to my entire existence. And feeling/seeing this shit live????? :eek: OMG!!!!! He completely shreds us all a new one with this sick ass sexy beast!!! It just possesses the body...no one is immune to this feeling. A song that truly makes love to some people. Whew! LOVE THIS ONE TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEEL FREE TO BUST IT OUT AGAIN TONIGHT JACKIE!!!!!!! :D

*grinds everything in site*
    *BOWS THE HELL DOWN TO.......*

≈≈BALL&BISCUIT≈≈

It's quite possible that I'm your third man girl
    But it's a fact that I'm the seventh son
    And right now you could care less about me
    But soon enough you will care, by the time I'm done

Let's have a ball and a biscuit sugar
    And take our sweet little time about it
    Let's have a ball girl
    And take our sweet little time about it
    Tell everyone in the place just to get out
    We'll get clean together
    And I'll find a soapbox where I can shout it

You read it in the newspaper
    Ask your girlfriends and see if they know
    That my strength is ten fold girl
    And I'll let you see if you want to before you go

It's quite possible that I'm your third man
    But it's a fact that I'm the seventh son
    It was the other two which/was made me your third
    But it was my mother who made me the seventh son
    And right now you could care less about me
    But soon enough you will care by the time I'm done

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Hello children,

Jack and Meg have just announced that they will be playing 3 club dates in addition to headlining Big Day Out while they are down under in Australia. Be sure to check out the tour page for all of the details on http://www.whitestripes.com

Just in time for the holidays, V2 Records will be releasing a 5 song maxi single in North America tomorrow, December 6th. The tracks included on this release are:

1. Walking With A Ghost
    2. Same Boy You've Always Known (Live in Manaus, Brazil)
    3. As Ugly As I Seem (Live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic)
    4. The Denial Twist (Live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic)
    5. Screwdriver (Live in Manaus, Brazil)

Thanks,
    The White Stripes newsletter team
  • I was watching the Blue Orchid and the denial twist videos man they are sooooooooo great!!!!!!! I love them :)
  • How fucking good is Red Rain!
    Wave came crashing...
  • I need to buy Get Behind me Satan!!!!!
  • a big *BUMP* for this kickass duo!
  • I think Jack white is a talented man. And Meg is what she needs to be.

That sums up my feelings as well. Jack is unbelievable, and Meg brings what she needs to bring to accent him just right.

I'd like to see him do a side project just for fun. Maybe a Beck collaboration (more than just "Go It Alone" as they did on Guero).
  • How fucking good is Red Rain!

I am hooked on Red Rain right now. Can't get enough.
  • Doesn't anyone here have the inside scoop on TWS? Are they recording again soon? Touring some more?

Whats the word?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    First off, thanks for that heads up PearlStripes! I saw that too. How cool!

El Riot Actor...thanks SO much for keeping this thread alive buddy. You ROCK! The videos for Blue Orchid and The Denial twist are awesome!! I looove the feel of Blue Orchid...so dark! And Jackie is totally rockin that hat, tail coat and cane! haha. Loove it. :D The Denial Twist! Come on! Getting Conan up in the mix. That video is the best! :D But waaaaait a second here...you don't have Get Behind Me Satan!? :eek: What in the?!?! Oooh my! I'm gonna change that ASAP. ;)

UpHereInMyTree500!! YES! Seriously...if you read through this thread you will see it is FULL of RED RAIN praise from yours truly. I am completley obsessed with that song. It's TOO frickin good for it's own good!!! I can't praise it enough! Excellent call.

Tenacious B, in a full agreement with both your posts. RED RAIN LOVE AGAIN! YES! (and Tenacious D "classically rocks my socks off" btw ;) ) Aww and I definitely hear ya on the Jackie side project. Damn that would be beyond words. The man certainly has an oversupply of music running through his veins so I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened. :o I'll for sure keep that hope alive!

MissYouAllDay, no word on the next album or recording. The latest we got is the work Jackie is doing with Brendan Benson.
    As far as I know the WS are still touring and hitting up Japan in January I believe.

OOOOOH, and also....this is fuckin HUGE, great news that hasn't yet been discussed here. The word is that some of these are to be released in an upcoming issue of Guitar World. Shot by none other that Ross Halfin---the mighty Jackie White and the LEGEND Jimmy Page, side by fuckin side...together in one shoot....

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/white-stripes/the-white-stripes-page01.html#

:eek:

AHHH!! Jesus! First we get a PJ show with PLANT (STILL can't believe that happened!) & now shots of THESE 2 side by side!!!!!?!?! HELL YES!!! :D How amazing is that shit? I mean really. And please don't even get me started on how completely PIMP Jackie looks!!! SMOKIN! Damn, and it's taken to even greater levels standing next to the legend that is Page!!!! I love the smiley shots too. Awww! And how sick are those guitars? Whew! There is just TOO much greatness going on in these pics. Wow. Instant desktop action!

Oooooh also......my review from the show the other night is soon to follow. What a WEIRD night. WEIRD!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Excellent photos, thanks for posting them here, and yeah :( i know i should have Get Behind Me Satan but this is been my year of being broke, but that's cool i'll get one of my friends to burn it for me, he has it. And i hope to buy the original for Christmas 'cause nothing replaces having the original album.
  • The prices on those prints are unreasonable. I don't understand why so much.

I would be extremely happy to have the one with page and white where their instruments are switched and jacks face is hidden by his hat.

A wicked photo.

Not 600 pounds wicked by any means.
  • I have to say that I love 'em too. Saw them on the Elephant tour in Chicago at the Aragon Brawlroom, amazing, amazing show. That fucker can play the guitar. I've gotten a few of my friends to get into them, now they are obsessed. Under Blackpool Lights is one of those DVD's I can keep watching, just to see Jack rip that crowd apart. And as for the new cd, it is awesome. I remember d/l the leaked vinyl rip. It was cool to hear the pops and all that that comes with vinyl. Gonna go put it on now. My favs : Red Rain, Take, Take, Take, The Nurse, and the rest of them, haha. Fuckin' A. Nice thread VEDHEAD.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    Hell yes, right on Dick Jones!! I totally agree with everything you said there bud. Under Blackpool Lights is AMAZING! To actually SEE these 2 in action is just out of this world. Nice job on spreading the WS obession. haha. Jackie indeed rips us apart! I love it. This man is TOO MUCH! Feel free to come here anytime and praise away...this band surely can never have enough of it. Thanks for the props on the thread! :D It needed to be done. ;)

Aw, yeah I hear ya MissYouAllDay...still, fuckin incredible shots and they make lovely desktops without a doubt. :)

So now onto my review of being reunited with the mighty duo. Wow! What a WEIRD night.

Meddle and I got to the show and caught all opening acts. We REALLY enjoyed Autolux and Death Cab. Both GREAT sets! As much as I dislike radio-fests I made an exception here as I kept telling myself "only $35 to see WHITE STRIPES for an hour". :D Seemed like quite the deal! WELL, for this particular radio-fest 98% of the crowd were teenagers. Needless to say we felt a little outta place. As much as we were set on being up front, these kids were rowdy as hell (can't stress that enough! WILD KIDS WITH NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD) and we KNEW it was only gonna get worse once The White Stripes came on. We ended up going up to the seats which kinda bummed us both....but yeah, as the night progressed and we'd look down at that pit, we sooooo knew we made the right descion.

Ahhh so the time had finally come to be reunited with the mighty duo! :D We were both super excited. They come out and, as usual, waste no time ripping right into the set. Which was.......

When I Hear My Name
    Blue Orchid
    DLATDG
    I Think I Smell A Rat
    My Doorbell
    Mother's Children Have a Hard Time/Death Letter/If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day
    Hotel Yorba
    YOU'VE GOT HER IN YOUR POCKET!!!! :o!!!!!
    We're Going To Be Friends
    BALL AND BISCUIT!!! :eek: :D
    Let's Shake Hands
    I WANT TO BE THE BOY!!!! :o!!!!
    7NA

*sigh* I cannot even put into words how special these 2 were.....

I WANT TO BE THE BOY
    YOU'VE GOT HER IN YOUR POCKET

Without a doubt 2 of my fav songs ever & I know I've gone off about them BOTH in this very thread! What a WS dream come true! Absolutely GORGEOUS live! These 2 really bring out the emotions for me. YOU'VE GOT HER IN YOUR POCKET, I couldn't believe it and was nearly moved to tears here but was also just kinda STUCK (haha. Jackie does that!!!)....hand on my heart the whole time, taking in every ounce of this beauty. A song where the mighty, insanely talented man delivers the sweetness and the heartbreak all at once. Just acoustic up there pouring out his soul!!!!! It digs deep...never fails to take me away. :o

I WANT TO BE THE BOY..same thing! Awwwww!!! *tears up* This song gets me! I worship it and actually the line "if ever a boy needed a holiday, if ever a girl needed someone to hold" often rings in my head. What Jackie pours out here always "warms my heart". :) Soooo beautiful. He transferred all this emotion perfectly and sounded so dead on. This really was such a special part of the night.

So the weirdness? Well this pretty much should tip you off...

Mother's Children Have a Hard Time/Death Letter/If I Had Possession Over

LOL!!! :p

They kept starting songs and then ending them abruptly. Hotel Yorba was stopped a little after the mid-way mark. I could tell something was really off and it actually kinda seemed to be Meg. She was hitting high hats instead of snares and just generally OFF on quite a few songs. I still wasn't really sure that this is what was going on but I'd later find out it was indeed the culprit . It was after Hotel Yorba that Meg got up and stormed off the stage!!!! We were all kinda confused by this, you could totally tell Jackie was too. This was when the man just decided to break into the acoustic set....and what a heavenly set that was! :o Breath-taking. So yeah....after the acoustic set he left the stage and they were both gone for about 10 minutes. They came back and with no delay went straight into BALL AND BISCUIT!!!!!!!!!

OMG~~~~~> Jackie listened!!! THANK YOU!! :D

Whoooooa there! THIS SONG?!?! This version was even MORE sexier than usual too. Damn! Jackie did serious overtime here. It was AMAZING AS FUCK!!!!!! Of course one of the extreme highlights of the night. This song is not of this world I swear. Jesus!!! Completely possessed and lost in the groove....and once again, it was cool to look over at Meddle and see her feeling it the exact same way. :D I'm telling you, NO ONE is immune to this! That solo? :eek: How are these sounds even possible??!!? The man blows my mind more and more each time with this song. WOW! I just could not get over the fact that THIS is the song they choose to break into after that little intermission. Shit! :eek: What a way to come back. :o

After the orgasmic BALL AND BISCUIT the mighty 2 rushed through 3 more songs and then left the stage HELLA damn quick. It didn't feel over...but it was. Even closing the set with 7NA didn't seem complete. The crowd was weird, the unity was off the whole time, people didn't seem as into it, Jack & Meg didn't seem into it...the kids in the pit were CRAZY as fuck and I know Jack ain't down with that. The vibe was SO weird. Something was just unsettling about it all. Meddle and I noted how they didn't say ONE single word to the crowd....no hello...no goodbye, nothing inbetween. It was just really weird. The set felt really short, I felt tension on the stage between them...something just felt really off in more ways then one. Turns out the set was only 38 MINUTES. It was suppose to a full on hour. :( At first I kinda thought maybe it was just the not fully satisfying effects of a radio-fest, but the more I thought about it the more I realized something deeper was for sure going on.

I later find out that immediately following the show the radio station (LIVE 105) aired an official apology to all those that came to see The White Stripes. Crazy!!!! They said that something was definitely off with them and they would release more information once it became available to them.

Check this shit, people on the Stripes message board finally started receiving replies from the station. Not professional in the least bit (which others have argued neither was Meg) but for sure brutally honest....

"Yeah so did we. They contracted to do a full hour. I only counted a total of 38 minutes!!!!
    They came on 10 minutes late, Meg was loopy birthday drunk, Jack was yelling at her a lot before they went on, she ran off stage in the middle of the performance, Jack stayed and did 2 songs acoustic, then left himself for about 10 or 11 minutes, there yelling and crying backstage, they both came back finished a bunch of songs quite sloppily.

yeah...38 minutes or so. We are just as baffled, disappointed and disheartened about the whole thing"
    sd

:eek:!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! I guess Meg parited it up a little too hard Friday night. Damn!!! Crying and yelling? Aww. :( Just makes me wanna hug them both. Well after finding this out it all made perfect sense. :(

In summary, everyone has their off nights and I definitely witnessed one here. Still, it's ALL about what we HAVE as opposed to what we don't. ;) It was great to see them again, it was great to hear songs very close to my heart that I've been aching to experience live, and it was great how on it Jackie was...he really did perform even greater than the last time I saw him and his voice sounded perfect dispite the shitty sound of the actual arena. I LOVE THIS MAN! He rose above it all and delivered back to back to back stellar performances. He continues to baffle me with his overflowing talent!!!!!!!! SO MUCH music coming outta ONE man! He is such a fuckin bad ass!!!

I LOVE this band intensely and dispite this being a far from perfect show...it still pushed that love to an even greater level. :D Definitely can't wait to see them again! As unsettling as this was I feel like it NEEEEEDS to happen more than ever. I just hope their next visit to the Bay Area isn't a dramatic one. Last time there was the balloon incident with Jackie and now this. haha. I must say, when I read the set for L.A. the following night I was very happy to hear that they were back to themselves but also couldn't help but wish to HELL I woulda gone to that one too. AHHHH, they got RED RAIN!!!!! & SAME BOY I"VE ALWAYS KNOWN@!@##@$! AHHH!!! BASTARDS! *deep breaths* *tells self over and over "it's about all that you HAVE* :D L.A. is sooooo getting spoiled with fuckin A+++++++ Stripes show this year though. I think next time they play the area I'm gonna HAVE to make the trip. I feel like I have no choice in the matter. :D

All in all, SOOOO GREAT to be reunited with the amazing duo and in deeper love then before. Jack White continues to gain out of control respect and continues to rock my life and blow my fuckin mind. There were very special parts of the set...but yes, still a weird night...and everyone felt that.

"Lo√e, you know the word

OH, also must add how I completely fuckin LOVED how they didn't play a whole set full of radio hits. This band is so punk rock. ha! Seriously! Much props and major respect. I really do admire their entire approach. They just refuse to conform and totally do things they're own way. LOVE it. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Sounds like a very interesting 38 minutes to me :D
    I'm so glad that Meg came back out and hey, you got to hear a small "accoustic set" aswell... excellent!
  • Haha. Damn VEDHEAD you fucking get me riled up when I read your post. I have to ask how they pulled off the new stuff, I've caught em on Conan doing Red Rain and his voice seemed off. But I'm sure they pull off 'Satan' pretty good live. And I did listen to 'Satan' again yesterday for the first time since around the release and I was blown away again. Definately one of the best albums of the year. Such a different approach for the two, is it wrong to say it is their 'No Code'?
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Thanks for the music files VEDHEAD27 i'm gonna go buy G.B.M.S tomorrow 'cause the White Stripes deserve me getting the original :)
    Dick Jones!!ha! Awesome! :D More than happy to do so my fellow {WS} fiend. Ya know, as completely OBSESSED that I am with RED RAIN I agree with you that the performance on Conan was different. I still thought it sounded amazing though. I just think it's actually because of the layers of Jackie's voice missing there that lead it to not translate 100% live. All the Get Behind songs that I've witnessed live have been 110% and then some though! OK...except for that show last week. :eek: But hey, things were just "off" in general so it wasn't specific to that album. ;) My Doorbell was the most noticeable as far as Meg's concerned. ANYWAYS...the album does translate excellently live. I do just think that RED RAIN sound different cuze it's stripped down. I'm still dying to hear it though. I don't give a fuck!!! That song is TOO FUCKIN AMAZING! Good call on the 'No Code' comparison. I totally agree. This is a huge change for the mighty twosome. I know a lot of people couldn't deal with that too. I've heard sooo many complaints about how Jackie ain't shredding it up enough like he usually does...blah blah blah :rolleyes: No, instead he's exploring a BUNCH of different sounds and how that's a bad thing I'll never understand. Agreed though, it IS a huge change and that's not for everyone. Eh, their loss completely. :p This is EASILY one of the greatest albums of the year imo as well.

Aww El Riot Actor, you are SO welcome! It HAD to be done! :D Hope you're enjoying it. And that is so very cool of you to still go buy it. This band is for sure waaaaaaaaaay deserving of that support. :)

Alright, I've been on a serious NO CODE kick actually Dick Jones ;)...however, I've also had SAME BOY YOU'VE ALWAYS KNOWN (pleeeeease! How drop dead-ouch my heart hurts-gorgeous is this song!?!? :o!!!!!!!!) stuck in my head all day so I think it's damn time I go get a {WS}/Jackie White fix .:D ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

Can't get this one outta my head!!! On these cold winter nights, it sure succeeds in warming me up from the inside out....just like a cup of coffee. :p What a beauty!!!! :o:o:o I love the way it flows. I love these lyrics. Storytelling with Jackie, poetic, real, beautiful. His voice and the way it shakes!!! The music is gorgeous too!!!! SO, soothing and SO eery all at once. It reminds me a lot of FORGET HER by Jeff Buckley. Ahhhh I love it!! :)

((^ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE^))

Your breath is sweet
    Your eyes are like two jewels in the sky.
    Your back is straight, your hair is smooth
    On the pillow where you lie.
    But I don't sense affection
    No gratitude or love
    Your loyalty is not to me
    But to the stars above.

One more cup of coffee for the road
    One more cup of coffee 'fore I go
    To the valley below.

Your daddy he's an outlaw
    And a wanderer by trade
    He'll teach you how to pick and choose
    And how to throw the blade
    He oversees his kingdom
    So no stranger does intrude
    His voice it trembles as he calls out
    For another plate of food

One more cup of coffee for the road,
    To the valley below

Your sister sees the future
    Like your mama and yourself
    You've never learned to read or write
    There's no books upon your shelf.
    And your pleasure knows no limits
    Your voice is like a meadowlark
    But your heart is like an ocean
    Mysterious and dark

One more cup of coffee for the road,
    To the valley below

Also, thanks Jackie for stopping by my dream the other night. Goooood times!! :D;)

Also...........Congratulations to Jack and Meg for two nominations at the 48th Grammy Awards!

The nominations are:

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal :
    My Doorbell
    The White Stripes

Best Alternative Music Album (Vocal or Instrumental.) :
    Get Behind Me Satan
    The White Stripes

HORRAY!!!!!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• I can't imagine that album not winning.
    Other albums I would say are in the same league are The Broken social scene album (which was not as consistently amazing as GBMS), and I have come to believe the new Death Cab is also spectacular. But I suppose it is more of a pop album. Well its definately alternative, but maybe not in the grammys eyes.

this is bringing me memories of the white stripes performance at the gammies which blew away the whole show and made the industry look sad in comparison to real music... Happy happy memories
    VEDHEAD thanks so much for the amazing review! that was poured from the heart i loved reading it..i only have the 1 show..none to compare to..yet! :)
    I'm glad they played I WANT TO BE THE BOY, YOU'VE GOT HER IN YOUR POCKET for you good stuff :D
  • sad to hear about all the stuff that went on backstage up in the bay area....

what do you all think of walking with a ghost?
    Amen MissYouAllDay! I can't imagine it not winning either. :D
    MissYouAllDay :
    this is bringing me memories of the white stripes performance at the gammies which blew away the whole show and made the industry look sad in comparison to real music... Happy happy memorie

HELL YES! I remember that too! Happy memories indeed. :D In come Jackie & Meg to show everyone how it's done. That was such a kick ass performance. Yeah, what a slap in the face too.

amentvedder, you are very welcome my friend...glad you enjoyed it. Quite the night I must say! Awww, thanks for the congrats on those 2 songs. That really was such a gorgeous experience. :o

sigh!!! Nice to see you. :D Yeah, it was sad/weird times at that show no doubt. But hey, it's all good. There will be other times & I'm holding on to what I GOT (the 2 above mentioned songs are definitely standing out big time there). :D Where you at the L.A. show (that I happen to be quite drooly over. :p ) following this one ??

Walking With The Ghost! I fuckin LOVE IT! I really liked the music when I first heard it but those chick's voices annoy the crap outta me. :/ Jackie to the rescue. :) Love this weird middle breakdown too...his super tweaked out voice and that guitar?! I love it. This perfectly suits him & he's also making it all his own. It's so nice to be able to FULLY enjoy the song now. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

A BUMP for my STRIPES peeps. :) Just a heads up for all interested...the super kick ass JACKIE WHITE/JIMMY PAGE GUITAR WORLD is now currently on stands. :D

Gonna also BUMP it up with my {WS} pick of the day...

;)

MUCH LOVE FOR~~~~>

|| :OFFEND IN EVERY WAY: ||

I'm patient of this plan
    as humble as I can
    I'll wait another day
    before I turn away
    but know this much is true
    no matter what I do
    offend in every way
    I don't know what to say

I'm coming through the door