--{({The=White=Stripes=})}--

123457»

Comments

• White Stripes are the greatest band to come out of the 2000's so far. They do things with 2 people that you can't imagine...and they just keep reinventing their music. I saw them live once, but it was a bad experience...so don't take it to heart. I don't know why they need an hour to set up for 2 people. PJ doesn't take half that long for 6+ people. But if you have any doubt, check out their grammy performance from a couple years ago. Unfuckinbelievable!
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    OH..>MY>>>GOD people, did you all read Eddie's interview with Steve Turner in DEEP magazine!??!:eek: :eek: Lizzy...we finally have confirmation~~~> EDDIE LIKES THE STRIPES!!!! :D Woooo!!! He gives them props in the interview & I swear that gave me chills...put the biggest grin on my face. :D HELL YES!!

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuck! I LOVE IT, and now the first part of the question has been answered. I wonder if any of the other boys dig the Dynamic Duo? It just makes plain good sense to me, I say to you.

They're starting to overplay Denial Twist on the radio. Please radio don't destroy this gem. Of course I sing along each time, though. :)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • the white stripes are easily the best thing to happen to music since 1991...in 20 years jack white will be synonymous with bob dylan as far as innovation and lyrics...and what makes a band great is how they perform live...those 2 are just amazing...i was extremely lucky to see them last summer at probably the last music midtown festival in atlanta. i think i would drop my pants and stroke it wherever i was standing if they opened for pearl jam.
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    White Stripes are awesome, when I first heard them (Elephant) I had to rush out and get the whole back catalogue... one of a handful of bands to leave me stunned!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    I've been bad. So far I still haven't picked up a Stripes album. I was watching the music videos for Blue Orchid and My Doorbell and nearly bought it on Saturday. I decided against it only because I still have to listen to Led Zeppelin II and OK Computer and I really don't need another CD. That being said, I'm thinking I'm going to give in on Tuesday. I enjoyed listening to Elephant a lot but I'm considering getting Get Behind Me Satan first. From what I've heard from them I consider Jack one of the best lyricists I've ever heard.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    Fantastic band. Jack White is one of the best living guitarists at the moment.

Ball & Biscuit > YOU
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • wpost211wpost211 Posts: 124
    Had Elephant for a while. After getting Satan I had to pick up the rest. Each album great in it's own right. Recent favorite songs: Astro, Offend in every way, Sister do you know my name.
    "there's a lot to be said for nowhere...."

1996 - Randall's Island II 1998 - MSG I
    2000 - Jones Beach II & III 2003 - Uniondale, MSG I & II
    2006 - E. Ruth I & II 2007 - Lollapalooza
    2008 - MSG I & II, Hartford 2009 - Philly IV
    2010 - Newark, MSG I & II
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    <~~~ blastin STEADY AS SHE GOES

I can't get enough!! It's soooo damn catchy. I cannot wait till these guys tour around these parts. :D

Ooooh, and speaking of The Ranconteurs, can we please all take a moment to admire the extreme PIMPNESS that is JACKIE WHITE...

http://300gp.ovh.net/~redcandy/uploaded_images/RTN_Raconte04401-757904.jpg

:o:D

*yells* A kilt?! I fuckin LOOOOOVE it! This man's style ((all around)) is THE BEST!!

LOVIN the LOVE in here guys! :D

And whoa pj_zombie... Led Zeppelin II and The White Stripes mentioned together in one thread!? :o Talk about orgasmic!! I'm beyond obsessed with both of em. :D

Again, no matter what WS album you choose to get next you can't go wrong. ;) I completely agree with you about Jackie too, one of the greatest lyricists I've ever heard as well. Yep, agree with Eraserhead too..one of the greatest guitarist at the moment and in fuckin general imo! This man is hands down one of THE most talented mofos around...on soooooo many levels!!! I still can't even begin to understand how so much comes outta ONE PERSON! There is nothing he can't do! The label "musical genius" doesn't even do him enough justice if you ask me!

**forever bowing down**
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Oh cafeamericaini, I also wanted to add that I completely agree with your post as well. GREAT post! It's true, these 2 are absolutely mind blowing live...as well as their entire approach to live shows.. To know that they NEVER rehearse and NEVER have setlists either??? :eek: They want each experience to be completely unique, super special, spontaneous and unplanned. How fuckin cool is that?? Their approach to music--the way it's made, the way it's performed...and any/everything in between is so RIGHT ON!!!!!!! :D

I think i would drop my pants and stroke it wherever i was standing if they opened for pearl jam.

HA!!! :eek: OMG! LOL!@#$@#$ :D Yes! That honestly made me laugh out WAY loud!!! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

I didn't know they did that live. That's awesome.

Well, I finally gave in yesterday. I had only a 50 in my wallet so I decided if I had to break it(which I did) I might as well get something. Lame excuse, I know, but I picked up Get Behind Me Satan. There's a couple reasons for getting this one first. The main one is I had the three songs they made videos for stuck in my head all weekend because I watched them. Not only could I not get them out but I also borrowed Elephant from a friend and heard that all already. I'll get that next because I love that CD too but I wanted to get all new songs if I was going to get something.

As it is, I love the album. I think Denial Twist is my favorite song off it. The lyrics and the way he sings them are amazing. I'll need more listens to see how I feel with the rest of the album but it's definately assured me I can get the rest of their stuff and not be worried about disappointment.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    <~~~ blastin STEADY AS SHE GOES

I can't get enough!! It's soooo damn catchy. I cannot wait till these guys tour around these parts. :D

Ooooh, and speaking of The Ranconteurs, can we please all take a moment to admire the extreme PIMPNESS that is JACKIE WHITE...

http://300gp.ovh.net/~redcandy/uploaded_images/RTN_Raconte04401-757904.jpg

:o:D

*yells* A kilt?! I fuckin LOOOOOVE it! This man's style ((all around)) is THE BEST!!

LOVIN the LOVE in here guys! :D

And whoa pj_zombie... Led Zeppelin II and The White Stripes mentioned together in one thread!? :o Talk about orgasmic!! I'm beyond obsessed with both of em. :D

Again, no matter what WS album you choose to get next you can't go wrong. ;) I completely agree with you about Jackie too, one of the greatest lyricists I've ever heard as well. Yep, agree with Eraserhead too..one of the greatest guitarist at the moment and in fuckin general imo! This man is hands down one of THE most talented mofos around...on soooooo many levels!!! I still can't even begin to understand how so much comes outta ONE PERSON! There is nothing he can't do! The label "musical genius" doesn't even do him enough justice if you ask me!

**forever bowing down**

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wonder if he is wearing his kilt like a Scotsman.. :eek::eek: *slaps herself, snap out of it!
    God Bless you VEDHEAD!!

King Jack on the Arctic Monkeys ;

“I love the Arctic Monkeys,” says Jack White. “Who doesn’t! I’d love to see them live, but haven’t got round to it yet. I never get to see bands because I’m never in the same town for more than two seconds.”

So does that mean he’d like to work with them in the future? “Yes,” said the wry tune-merchant. “We’ll start with the gardening and move on to the housework.”

:D

Steady As She Goes feckin rocks out *bows ..Ved's while we are down here bowing sneak a peek up that kilt :cool: ;)
    <~~~ been listening to STRIPEYs all day!

Hey...it happens. ;)

HORRAY pj_zombie! Glad you finally gave in...and glad to hear that you're glad about it too. :p Again, you can't go wrong here. Get Behind Me Satan
    is definitely an extremely easy album to get you reeeeeally hooked in imo. This band can do no wrong!

HA LeeAnn!! :D Too funny girl! A true Scotsman?! :eek: *slaps self too* Bowing down & taking a peak!? Whoooa. hahaha. Oooh man we just can't even help ourselves huh!? It's all the kilts fault damnit! haha. That thing is awesome. So is this man! So is this band!! OMG so are The Raconteurs!! TOO...MUCH..>AWESOMENESS! It's all extremely overwhelming. :D

Speaking of The ROCKIN Raconteurs, one of the bestest STRIPE sites around has now branced off and made an equally awesome Raconteurs site!! :D They have pics up AND audio from the Glasgow show!! :eek:

http://raconteurs.redcandycane.net/

Sounds soooo good! This album is gonna kick MAXIMUM ass!!! I can't wait for it to be unleashed and to see them live!!! Oooooh, and how about that Bowie cover Jackie did at the show~> It Aint Easy!? Insanely gorgeous. :o
    I'm also really diggin Yellow Sun! I can't stop listening to that one. I haven't listened to all of them yet cuze I'm having a really hard time getting passed these 2. :p Does this song not have a super DOORS feel to it?! Dead on Peace Frog! Love, Love, Love it!

Something that stood out to me on
    http://www.redcandycane.net/

[[Jack White talks about the future of the White Stripes in the newspaper The Evening Echo: "I'm having a slight break from The White Stripes but not too much.I've already got a lot of songs for our next record, so when I find two minutes to record it I will."]]

:D:D:D

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Oh also, check out our little model...
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/White%20Stripes/marcjacobsmegwhite7kh.jpg

And hey, while I'm here I might as well BUMP it up with a song!
    LOVE this one! It's really grown to be one of my obsessed favs. I love the way it flows. It's so unique! Such a kick ass little break. And what Jackie delivers here pulls my heart right outta my chest and stomps on it every damn time(in such a great way of course). The way his voice shakes, the emotion that pours outta it!? *sigh* He sings the words with such strong conviction! It's all so harsh. I love that. Raw and Real...just like THE WHITE STRIPES all together. This line "what would I liked to have been? everything you hate" Whew! How can you not feel that??? *chills* He gets so into it! Nothing this man does is without 110% feeling behind it I swear. Genuinely intense! The last part is intense as hell too! Music & words alike, this one just stands out a lot to me. I absolutely LOVE the beginning guitar part...the plucking of those strings, strumming me straight to heaven. :o Are you sure it "can't be love"? Cuze daaaamn. :o

*bows down to.....

((THE (UNION) FOREVER))

it can't be love
    for there is no true love
    it can't be love

sure I'm C.F.K.
    but you gotta love me
    the cost no man can say
    but you gotta love me

well I'm sorry
    but I'm not interested in gold mines,
    oil wells, shipping, or real estate
    what would I liked to have been?
    everything you hate

cause it can't be love
    it can't be love

there is a man
    a certain man
    and for the poor
    you may be sure
    that he'll do all he can
    who is this one?
    who's favorite son
    just by his action
    has the traction magnets
    on the run
    who likes to smoke
    enjoys a joke
    and wouldn't get a bit upset
    if he were really broke
    with wealth and fame
    he's still the same
    I'll bet you five you're not alive
    if you don't know his name

you said the union forever
    you said the union forever
    you cried the union forever
    but that was untrue girl
    cause it can't be love
    it can't be love

Jack White:

"I was thinking about different things people said in the film [Citizen Kane]. I wrote them down and some of them started to rhyme, so it worked out."

"Lo√e, you know the word

L!! thanks so much for pointing out that wee Glasgow audio ;) and cool website!

"The Raconteurs have been forced to change their name in Australia.
    Jack White's new band will be known as The Saboteurs down under to avoid conflict with a jazz band of the same name.
    A statement to the Australian press reads: "The Raconteurs name was already taken by a jazz band, to make things easier, and in the spirit of espionage and subversion, we have decided to become The Saboteurs in Australia only."

hmmmm Let's all hail The Saboteurs oh ho yes :D
    Feckin lovin' this album!!!!!!!!
    Yellow Sun also has a BIG thumbs up from me!

The "something that stood out" - currently investigating that, cheers again L! :D

AWWww Meg yay! Pruddy

And after that stunnin discription i'm gonna spin ((THE (UNION) FOREVER)) right now and REALLY listen to it wow wot a band
    *groupie screams*

::~LOve for the StripeY'S~::
    Another friendly pj_zombie update.

After watching the Jolene video a few times off their site I went ahead and bought Under Blackpool Lights. I have to say, it's gotten me to definately want to see them live eventually. I also bought Elephant since I'd already heard the album a few times and I really love some of the songs on there. I might like it than GBMS. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine is probably my favorite along with Ball and Biscuit. Man, Jack has some awesome guitar solos. My one one weak spot next to an amazing vocalist with passion(as in Jolene and many other songs on that DVD).
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    pj_zombie wrote:

After watching the Jolene video a few times off their site I went ahead and bought Under Blackpool Lights. I have to say, it's gotten me to definately want to see them live eventually. I also bought Elephant since I'd already heard the album a few times and I really love some of the songs on there. I might like it than GBMS. Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine is probably my favorite along with Ball and Biscuit. Man, Jack has some awesome guitar solos. My one one weak spot next to an amazing vocalist with passion(as in Jolene and many other songs on that DVD).
    Under Blackpool Lights is amazing as are all their albums. My order from favorite to least is:

1. De Stijl
    2. The White Stripes
    3. Elephant
    4. White Blood Cells
    5. Get Behind Me Satan
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I like them pretty good. My favorite lyric has always been "Dead leaves and the dirty ground when I know you're not around". That's a great line.
    pj_zombie wrote:

UNDER BLACKPOOL LIGHTS[size=+2] OWNS!!![/size] :D
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    they're really cool! i went to one of their concerts and it was awesome!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
    <~~~ blastin *I FOUGHT PIRANHAS* :o

Always great to see this thread alive & kickin. :)

L...as always, you are so welcome my fellow Stripey girl. :D

pj_zombie, hell yes!! So great to hear that the love is going strong!!! Ball and Biscuit?? :o Whoooa there. Pease don't even get me started on that song. It just oozes sex. It's outta control.:o I'm not even sure that it's legal to tell you the truth. haha. I mean god damn!!!! The sounds that come outta this man?! Whew! Fuckin unreal. Yes, these solos are seriously beyond us all. He literally makes my jaw drop. And this majorly chill inducing, passion drenched voice is sure to make the strongest of men weak. ;):o

OOoooo UNDER BLACKPOOL LIGHTS!!!!!! Most excellent purchase. :D If this doesnt perfectly capture the extreme greatness of the kick ass duo then I don't know what does!!! Yeah, it definitely succeeds in getting you super pumped up for some REAL live show action of your own. It indeed OWNS!!!!

Speaking of which, here's some awesome little accessories :p ...

http://www.v2records.co.jp/special/a058_sc/030319/wallpaper.html

I LOVE that Meg one so much!!

Ooooh and also...LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGw_KYH63k

WHOOOA!!!
    :eek:!!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

Lol, that video was weird.

One of my favorite things to see in Under Blackpool Lights is when Jack is going nuts on a solo and kind of does that rapid foot tapping thing as he moves sideways. He goes so fast. I'll be picking up White Blood Cells eventually, but I don't want to burn out on them so it'll be a lil' while. For now I have enough.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    What an odd little Coke commercial. Hey, it's Jack White so it was still pretty cool.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I thought the packaging was also very cool with Under Blackpool Lights DVD

I like the Coke song :) it's Jackie innit..totally ripped off Hardest Button vid..or was that meant? I haven't heard anything about the ad

Bear with me on this guys..i found the drummer funny

It's WHITE KNOT :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW8b99ezBy0
    It's absolutely ridiculous how overdue this BUMP is! :p

For any that missed it, our beloved STRIPEYS were on The Simpsons this past weekend! :) YAY! Such a cute little hilarious scence!

Here ya go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZePwr5SHI

hehehe. I love it! :D

All Hail YOUTUBE...
    >AND
    All Hail THE MIGHTY WHITE STRIPEYS!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• YAS it's back!!

Loooooooong overdue L :D
  • Phone conversation between Billy and Jack White
    from Dazed & Confused 89 - May 2002
    Painter, provocateur and punk garage rocker, Billy Childish has taken everything fake and pretentious and burned it on the snarling pyre of his own no-frills style of rock'n'roll. Co-founder of the anti-anti-modernist Stuckist art movement and on the verge of unleashing his 100th release in 25 years with his most recent band The Buff Medways, Childish has inspired an unlikely mix of acolytes, from Kurt to Kylie. But Billy's current number one fan is the White Stripes' Jack White, who when Billy was banned from appearing with him on TOTP, scrawled Childish's name on his arm in protest. Now that's what we call dedication. Take it away, Jack.
    Jack White: Hello Billy
    Billy Childish: Hello Jack

JW: So what do they {Dazed & Confused] want?
    BC: This interview, and for me to do a painting of you. That's not so easy 'cos I don't really know you. You know for me I've got to, like, try and get past the surface appearance. It's the same with everything, I suppose, music and writing - you have to try to get beyond the surface in a world that is obsessed with the surface...

JW: How is it you're famous in the USA and Japan, but people over here don't seem to be able to get what you do?
    BC: Well, for one thing I've refused to play their game. When we were on Sub Pop in the early '90's I refused to do an interview with the NME. You see, they had a press agent working for them and I asked him why they were interviewing me. Was it because I'd done 15 years of independent music or because Sub Pop has a press agent? And the NME said: 'It's because Sub Pop have a press agent.' So I said 'Okay, we can do the interview if we can talk about that' and the NME said no. Also, our music is too purist for the English. When I say 'purist' I mean that I am always trying to find the essence. To draw, paint and write unclothed. We're too interested in sound to be popular, and everything in music is the sound for me - I'm not interested in the other aspects of it. I still have problems because we don't dress a certain way, whereas in America it's not so organized; they still understand rock'n'roll.

JW: Yeah, that's what I think. I couldn't believe it when we first came over here and all they talked about was about how we dressed.
    BC: It's the idea of making choices, because we make choices about sound and how we record and that doesn't fit in with fashion, and I think fashion is what is wrong with society. Fashion means selling people what they didn't know they needed. People don't stop to think - the deepest they go is to be interested in something, and to just interest isn't good enough. For culture to matter it must be made with a passion. People just want entertainment, music like wallpaper. My experience of America is that they get what a rock'n'roll group is. They understand what we are trying to do, whereas the English just don't understand rock'n'roll.

JW: Yes, I agree.
    BC: And here we are doing an interview in a magazine that is very much in that sort of area.

JW: If The Milkshakes [one of Billy's former groups, 1981-84] had become gigantic and huge and sold a million records, what would you have been doing afterwards? Would you have done all the other things you've done?
    BC: I would have just killed myself with alcohol. You know when I look at things, I really think that there are pure angels involved in protecting me from myself. Giving me time to grow and get a bit of maturity and understand a tiny little bit of what is behind life. You get little glimpses of that now and then, I think. What sort of chance would I have had with a load of people telling me how clever I was, rather than telling me how useless I was?

JW: I think that the stuff we did with our first records on 45 were our best. I'm really glad that we didn't go out on tour and didn't get any information about where, or how many of, our records were selling. It seems that you have that initial anger that initial excitement and energy. With a lot of bands their first album is their best. After that they can't really do it.
    BC: Yeah, you get these groups like the Rolling Stones and they could do two or three good albums. By the time of punk, they could just manage one good album if they were lucky. The further you go back, the longer the lifespan. When you listen to blues artists, they used to be able to knock out ten good albums in a lot longer period and still maintain that initial energy because those groups weren't so exposed to the mass media. The Rolling Stones were really good first off because they were great fans of black blues; they only became shit when they stopped being fans of that style of music and instead became fans of themselves... I still us the paintings I did when I was nine or ten years old, because I can still paint like that if I allow myself. Once I quit drinking when I was 32, and dealt with a lot of the psychological abuse that happened to me when I was a kid, I was able to go from feeling 32 to 11 again.

JW: When I was younger I was fascinated with World War I and World War II. I built models of planes, forts in the back yard... I keep noticing that you have a similar passion for those themes. Why do you like them so much?
    BC: I don't know - I used to make bombs when I was a kid... I think that the First World War in particular had such a massive effect ton the psyche of our parents' and grandparents' generation and out collective unconsciousness. Such a massive effect that I think the uselessness of our contemporary culture is a direct result of that terrible shock. The glibness of everything is a direct result of all that, and I think it's very reactionary. After losing God, everything was done in a very material way and the world's still stuck in that. So I think that our world is still in a massive shock from these world wars, and I think that's why the culture is so immature and useless... I feel like the best of art was done before those big shocks around the First World War...

JW: I think you're right, because to me, since say WW2, the only major thing I can think of is Andy Warhol, which is the glorification of commercialism and pop culture. I was thinking about your relation to the past of music, and our relation to the past of music. 'What kind of music is the White Stripes' music?' And my first thought was 'folk music'. The only thing people really want and what I want to hear in music is storytelling. Rhythm and melody to me is just anything original in art is kidding themselves. Just using electronic music and recording it on the computer? Kraftwerk did that 25 years ago.
    BC: And they did it in quite a funny way.

JW: Exactly. If it's going to be music, you need it to have storytelling and rhythm. That's what music has always been for thousands of years.
    BC: I think that is probably what art is for generally, and I think folk music is a very good term for this. It's story music. A lot of what is missing in a lot of things is a sense of humour... There's a few things here where we are definitely on the same plane.

JW: I think so, yeah. Glad to hear about it too 'cos sometimes I see other people's records and I think there's the same ideas and stuff, but you never know until you ask. Well I guess I'm gonna go and sound check here. I can hear Meg sound checking her bass drum in the background.
    BC: Well I'll see ya later. Pop along when you get back.

JW: Well, thanks a lot.
    BC: Cheers mate.

JW: Cheers bye
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • BEEF 2006 - CHILDISH VS. WHITE
    ''I have better moustache,'' Billy says!
    03 Mar 2006

A veritable brouhaha is developing between multi-talented English hero and
    increasingly whingy muli-millionaire Jack White, with both men accusing the
    other of "plagarism".

Jack White, who we distinctly remember standing watching Mr Childish with an
    expression of some awe on his face at early White Stripes gigs in the UK,
    accused the venerable old sot of being "a bitter garage rocker," saying "As
    for Billy Childish, Meg and I really feel sorry for you."

"It must be lonely sitting in all of that garage rock bitterness Billy. You
    know children, when you take someone else's music and put your own lytics on
    top of it, it's still called plagiarism," he wrote.

Being far more intelligent than Mr White, and having had a lot of practice
    at this sort of thing after spats with his ex, wonky faced art loon Tracey
    Emin, Childish replied rather better in an open letter: "Though I have
    undoubtedly angered Jack White, I think it's a bit nasty of him to accuse me
    of plagiarism merely because his former admiration of my work was not
    reciprocated," he wrote with a twinkle in his eye.

Childish then went on to continue, rather magnificently: "It all smacks of
    jealousy to me. I have a bigger collection of hats, a better moustache, a
    more blistering guitar sound and a fully developed sense of humour. The only
    thing I can't understand is why I'm not rich. Yours sincerely, Billy
    Childish." HAHA! You go Billy!

Did anyone see that Billy Childish poem in The Stool Pigeon magazine?
    Brought tears to our eyes - TALK!

the NME
    pps should read
    - I hope I havent gone and offended led zepplin now.

and I didn¹t slam him, I rote a witty reply

Re. Jack White Sooks in music and media by Ben
    Butler.

Dear Sir

On the subject of plagiarism, which Jack White accuses
    me of in your artical, he has by unfortunate
    coincidence, with his remarks on critics who can't be
    critiqued, just paraphrased the key points of my
    manifesto, "The Decrepitude of the Critics"
    http://www.stuckism.com/critic.doc
    published by myself and Charles Thomson in 2000.
    However, I am pleased to see that my work still
    provides a stimulus despite our differences.

Yours faithfully
    Billy Childish

>>
    >> Original artical bellow:
    >>
    >>
    >> http://www.themusic.com.au/im_m/music_money.php

>> JACK WHITE SOOKS White Stripes frontman Jack
    >> White is a sook, and he wants the world to know.
    >> Over the last week, White has used the White Stripes
    >> website to hit out at garage pioneer Billy Childish
    >> and music critics. He accuses Childish, who had said
    >> White's pop star ambitions were problematic, of
    >> plagiarism. "As for Billy Childish, Meg and I really
    >> feel sorry for you. It must be lonely sitting in all
    >> of that garage rock bitterness Billy. You know
    >> children, when you take someone else's music and put
    >> your own lyrics on top of it, it's still called
    >> plagiarism - something Mister Childish hasn't
    >> learned yet." Next target: music critics: "They all
    >> play a coward's game. Only one side to their