rem's accelerate has leaked

13»

Comments

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    After about 5 listens, i've decided that i friggin love it. Unlike Around the Sun it doesnt overstay its welcome, 34 mins is short, sharp and to the point. And every song deserves its place on there. Early contender for album of the year for sure!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • i'm loving the first 4 songs and sing for the submarine. man that song fucking rules. fuck i love that band. seriously. fuck.
    I like bands.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Great album. I've just been listening to it on my i-pod. Early contender for album of the year?
  • I'm not a massive REM fan, even though I like a lot of their stuff. But this album is very good, and I'm sure it'll grow on me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    mrwalkerb wrote:

cough*YOU rule!*cough

And yes, I'll be buying it once it's out... I had it pre-ordered from iTunes for the extra songs, but I'm thinking now that I may just go ahead and buy the special edition with the DVD.

I'll actually be on vacation when it comes out, I guess I could always drop by the Virgin Megastore in Orlando and pick it up.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im listening to a ten minute preview of the album on youtube....sounds amazing
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    I've been listining on iLike. Man Sized Wreath, Mr. Richards, Horse to Water, and Supernatural are my favs so far.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    So a couple of weeks on from the leak, and this album is still rocking my world. I can't even begin to explain how good it feels to have this REM back.
  • The album is awesome i've only really got into them recently... only liked popular R.E.M. before *hangs head in shame* :o
    I'm completely in love with 'Mr Richards', 'Hollow Man' and 'Man-Sized Wreath'. I can't wait to see them live in August :D

I have to say though, listening to Accelerate and discovering older and less commercial R.E.M. it's making me wonder how or why I didn't get into them before... :confused: I feel valuable time may have been wasted...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I bought it first thing on Saturday morning after work... Played it on the way home and was blown away... Living Well bring me back to R.E.M. in the 80's.. One of my fav all time R.E.M. track. Sing for Submarine is in my head 24/7 I can't get it out of my head... wow, what a great song. It's haunting... Man Sized Wreath is another highlight... Mills doing so much vocal work makes this their best album easlily since new adventures... classic.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    5 free (and downloadable) Take Away Show videos from REM

http://www.blogotheque.net/R-E-M

anyone not familiar with this site should check it out - lots of great free videos from Arcade Fire, Beirut, the National, Menomena, the Shins, Vampire Weekend, Andrew Bird, Animal Collective, Final Fantasy, Handsome Furs, Stephen Malkmus, Yeasayer etc etc etc
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    Any of you see them on the Today Show this morning?