rem's accelerate has leaked

Comments

• dharma69 wrote:
    I always wonder what the point of a thread like this is...to make the hapless reader request/plead/beg for the forbidden fruit?

No, it's to alert those of us smart enough to know what bittorrent is to go download it.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • dharma69 wrote:
    Well, I thank you but I'm probably the only person left on the planet who doesn't do torrents.

then have fun with your hapless begging
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'm not enjoying it so far, but this is someone who isn't really a fan of R.E.M. I actually like their softer, weirder stuff much more - Nightswimming, Great Beyond. Hollow Man sounded great until the guitars kicked in.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    No, it's to alert those of us smart enough to know what bittorrent is to go download it.
    That wasn't the point of that post but carry on, alert genius.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Back at you.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Think its released here tomorrow.Will be getting it as soon as.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Think its released here tomorrow.Will be getting it as soon as.

Not released here in the UK til the 31st of March, according to amazon.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Not released here in the UK til the 31st of March, according to amazon.

Thanks.You've given me the answer to an argument with my unshakably always right brother.He thinks it will be dropping on his door mat tomorrow but I had read it wasn't released until later in the month.You'll be right at the 31st.I tried to tell him but he was insistent that he knew better so I began to doubt myself and believe him.Foiled again by that bugger.Will give me great joy to say I was right.Will still buy as soon as :)
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Thanks the shit out of you for the heads up, I've been waiting evermore impatiently for this one
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    this album is fucking amazing.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Listening to the album right now for the first time, with a beer in hand. It's pretty rockin, but might take a few listens to determine how good I think it is.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Listening to the album right now for the first time, with a beer in hand. It's pretty rockin, but might take a few listens to determine how good I think it is.

I'm gonna join you on the beer! My first listen too, damn how good is it to have REM rocking again?!
  • heard it on a stream, and personally, i think the album is fucking stunning. some of their best work. 'man sized wreath' rocks, and 'until the day is done' is classic REM.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    wow, this is really fucking good. Glad to hear some fuzz on the guitars again....we'll see how it stands the test of time, but for now I'm seriously impressed.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    man I havent heard thi syet but from what I'm hearing it's going to be fantastic. Never had this much buzz for a new rem album for a long time.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    man I havent heard thi syet but from what I'm hearing it's going to be fantastic. Never had this much buzz for a new rem album for a long time.

it will meet or exceed your expectations. its really that good.
    I'm pretty blown away by this record, I really did doubt that REM still had this kind of record in them - I was so, so wrong!
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    wow
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    After 1 and a half listens - good, a bit poppy in places but definitely a step forward from the last two records. I'll reserve final judgement for another while!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Thanks for the link. I'm seeing them next Monday in London and didn't want to hear a batch of unheard songs before I was able to buy the album.

Sweet!!!!
    amazing back to their roots... really really good.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    I would have never thought after 1999 that most of my favorite bands would still be making music that mattered. Specially R.E.M., who looked to hit the wall after Automatic for the People. Oddly enough, its one of the things I'm most thankful for. That Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, R.E.M., and ect. are still making relevant music that matters. And still tour. Anyone else hear about STP doing pre-production on a new album that dates back to their unfinished recordings before they split? A new STP album would be awesome. (If it strays away from the Velvet Revolver Weiland. He's not really a metal singer.)
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
    it will meet or exceed your expectations. its really that good.

I have only been a fan since reveal so I use to the beach boys type R.E.M. which was getting a little boring after Around The Sun but this is going to be something else... Hope I can get tickets to their show at philly.

• NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    you're the fucking Man!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    ive listened over 10 times and my favorites are:
    living well is the best revenge
    hollow man
    mr. richards
    horse to water

i cant get enough of this album.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    Living Well Is The Best Revenge is my favorite overall. But I think all the songs are great except for Hollow Man and Until The Day Is Done. And I didn't like any songs on Around The Sun.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    no torrents are a niche when you got a rapidshare account, dont feel blue

torrents take forever.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • btb002 wrote:
    I would have never thought after 1999 that most of my favorite bands would still be making music that mattered. Specially R.E.M., who looked to hit the wall after Automatic for the People. Oddly enough, its one of the things I'm most thankful for. That Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, R.E.M., and ect. are still making relevant music that matters. And still tour. Anyone else hear about STP doing pre-production on a new album that dates back to their unfinished recordings before they split? A new STP album would be awesome. (If it strays away from the Velvet Revolver Weiland. He's not really a metal singer.)
    yeah what he/she just said
    spnkri wrote:
    Living Well Is The Best Revenge is my favorite overall. But I think all the songs are great except for Hollow Man and Until The Day Is Done. And I didn't like any songs on Around The Sun.

I agree on Living Well...that song just begs to be played on repeat! But how can you not like Until The Day Is Done?! Total throw back to Automatic For The People's style - I absolutely love it!