rem's accelerate has leaked

emperor penguinemperor penguin Posts: 197
edited March 2008 in Other Music
man, it's good. if i could fuck music, i'd fuck this record. can't wait to see them in the atl!
I like bands.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I always wonder what the point of a thread like this is...to make the hapless reader request/plead/beg for the forbidden fruit?
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dharma69 wrote:
    I always wonder what the point of a thread like this is...to make the hapless reader request/plead/beg for the forbidden fruit?

seriously......how hard is it to provide a link? :rolleyes:
  • sorry, i'm a bit drunk and forgot to post a link. go to thepiratebay.org
    I like bands.
    sorry, i'm a bit drunk and forgot to post a link. go to thepiratebay.org

no probs...thanks....:)
  • cutback wrote:
    no probs...thanks....:)

hope you enjoy it! it's fucking great!
    I like bands.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

That would explain your willingness and desire to fuck an album! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    mookie9999 wrote:

like you haven't......remember that certain copy of loverboy's greatest hits? ;)
  • mookie9999 wrote:

to quote dennis hopper in blue velvet "i'll fuck anything that moves!"
    I like bands.
  • cutback wrote:
    like you haven't......remember that certain copy of loverboy's greatest hits? ;)

i'm trying to forget. i owe that bitch child support.
    I like bands.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    to quote dennis hopper in blue velvet "i'll fuck anything that moves!"
    that's very limiting :p
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    cutback wrote:

Remember?!? Shit, I'm still paying the drycleaning bill on that bastard!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Well, I thank you but I'm probably the only person left on the planet who doesn't do torrents.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    man, it's good. if i could fuck music, i'd fuck this record. can't wait to see them in the atl!

with what prior REM album would you compare it?
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

life's rich paegent. it's as good as any of their first 4 records.
    I like bands.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

ok i haven't even finished the first song but holy shit! sounds very irs rem......wow! :D:D
  • cutback wrote:
    ok i haven't even finished the first song but holy shit! sounds very irs rem......wow! :D:D

it's like bill berry never left. now if they'd just put their tickets on sale all will be right with the world.
    I like bands.
    it's like bill berry never left. now if they'd just put their tickets on sale all will be right with the world.

yea i'm thinking that too.....but peter also remembered he's a really cool guitarist....so far this is heavy twangy guitars.....i'm fucking loving this.....:D
  • cutback wrote:
    yea i'm thinking that too.....but peter also remembered he's a really cool guitarist....so far this is heavy twangy guitars.....i'm fucking loving this.....:D

it's amazing how good it is. it seems like the first album they've cared about since New Adventures in hi fi. i feel like a teenager again. it's so fucking good.
    I like bands.
    it's amazing how good it is. it seems like the first album they've cared about since New Adventures in hi fi. i feel like a teenager again. it's so fucking good.

thanks for posting this.....ya know i was gonna get the album regardless but i wasn't anticipating much.....i never thought it would be this good.....you and rem have made my evening....:)
  • cutback wrote:
    thanks for posting this.....ya know i was gonna get the album regardless but i wasn't anticipating much.....i never thought it would be this good.....you and rem have made my evening....:)

no problem! I'm glad you enjoy it! I sort of feel like a dick downloading it, but I'm like you, I'm going to buy it regardless, so might as well start listening now!
    I like bands.
    no problem! I'm glad you enjoy it! I sort of feel like a dick downloading it, but I'm like you, I'm going to buy it regardless, so might as well start listening now!

yea no shit.....everybody will get their money....but if i can hear it now, i'm gonna listen....:)

fuck......this is a good album.....:D
  • cutback wrote:
    yea no shit.....everybody will get their money....but if i can hear it now, i'm gonna listen....:)

fuck......this is a good album.....:D

i always cringe when i hear the phrase "return to form" but this really is so good. I'm thrilled rem is great again. the last few records have been ok, but nothing as good as this.
    I like bands.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    life's rich paegent. it's as good as any of their first 4 records.

I still remember how blown away I was when I heard "Begin the Begin"....back then, we had to wait until the tuesday release date!
    wow!!

i just finished the first listen......i think i liked every song after first listen....usually after the first listen i only like 3 or 4 songs from a new album....i enjoyed each one....:)

defiantly a return to "their roots"....;).....but it's one thing to go back to your old sound, it's another to make sound really interesting, fun songs....u2 should take note...;) :D
  • life's rich paegent. it's as good as any of their first 4 records.

if this is true, i'm gonna fucking gang bang this record with you.

we better get some 45s off this album, cause we're gonna need a few extra holes!

LRP is my favorite REM album ... that is, if i had to pick just one ...

i tell you what,
    you stick it in the opener,
    i'll plug the closer.

That way we have at least 8 or 9 songs between us.
    Fair?

:D:D:D

[edit: and fyi, though i have certainly downloaded my fair share of albums without ever purchasing them, REM is a band that will always get my money at the end of the day. I just hope one fairy tale evening Stipe gives me a tour of Athens for all my contributions.]

[edit2: holy SHIT this is moving fast. 500kbps, 5 MINUTES to complete? WTF! Warner Bros is seeding this to bust us all! :D ]
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I've already fucked the album three times tonight and I came all over it each time. I'm pretty sure I'm still going to sleep with it again tonight too.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    cool, im getting it now,.....i too, would like the tickets sales announced....

cant wait to hear this record...lots of two minuters on there, thats a great sign....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • i've heard the first single, "supernatural, superserious". it's really good and getting major airplay on the new radio station in new york.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    can someone post an mp3 version of it? i dont know how to do torrents and im fucking dying to hear the album!
  • man, it's good. if i could fuck music, i'd fuck this record. can't wait to see them in the atl!

i gotta be honest man, as someone that viewed stipe as a near father figure for a long time ...

... this album is good,
    but it is no Lifes Rich Pageant ... and it has a bit too much of that "cheap thrill" feel for me.

Oh. I'll still buy it, and listen to it.
    But i doubt it will get the replay of their earlier stuff for me.

Until The Day Is Done
    and
    Mr. Richards
    are my favorites so far,
    even though Mr. Richards has parts that sound suspiciously like "Hope". ;)

It is certainly better than the last two "efforts".

I may actually like "Up" more than this when all is said and done. We'll see.
    :D

Either way,
    nice to hear that warm comforting REM again.
    Favorite or not. Its a solid work for a band well well well well well in to their career.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?