framed poster thread

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=jvenuto3&P=&AID=2950864&Show=Y

Here is my collection...hopefully the link works...

Let me know what you think?

link doesnt work for me
  • Just got this one done - Dallas '98. Took me a long time to track down this bad boy.

Forgive the glare.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/chilldog77/3033234536_9f50645b3f_b.jpg
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• jblagg wrote:
    Just got this one done - Dallas '98. Took me a long time to track down this bad boy.

Forgive the glare.

sweet!
    nice and simple, yet effective.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    jblagg wrote:
    Just got this one done - Dallas '98. Took me a long time to track down this bad boy.

Forgive the glare.

That's a great classic poster. And a great frame job. Nice work and thanks for sharing the pic jblagg...were you at the show? (i assume).
  • (Ok) wrote:
    That's a great classic poster. And a great frame job. Nice work and thanks for sharing the pic jblagg...were you at the show? (i assume).

Thanks! Yeah, I was there...wasn't able to get the poster though. They sold them in some building across the street from Reunion Arena...I never even saw one at the show...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• thinking about ordering a frame for my MSG I
    any suggestions on the frame/matte ?
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    allstar340 wrote:
    thinking about ordering a frame for my MSG I

Cant go wrong with black matte and black frame....too easy... :)
    allstar340 wrote:
    thinking about ordering a frame for my MSG I

No specific recommendations, but I typically think a double mat and a unique frame look the best. Good luck.
    (Ok) wrote:
    No specific recommendations, but I typically think a double mat and a unique frame look the best. Good luck.

Yeah I agree if u are hanging more than one poster its too hard to go for too many different colour mattes... especially if u are hanging on a colour wall...
    If its a white or timber wall that might be different...
    agreed - try and keep all rooms the same colour matts, stay simple and they can be easily moved, go too complex you are making trouble for yourself should you redecorate anything other than neutral colours
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    Just picked up my new showbox 04 / klausen . Perhaps I can get it framed and post some pics soon.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    TipJammer wrote:
    It is exponentially less expensive to learn to matte and frame than paying through your nose to have the "pro's" do it.

Ug. Seeing that 7/18 SFIII poster again made me throw up in my mouth a little. SUCH a great show for such a shitty poster series. So penultimately disappointing.

Like how you did the EVs though -- still thinking black outter matte thou, with pinstripe blue matching the gradation somewhere 2nd matte.

No rush, i'll get around to it.
    [sic] happens
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    acutejam wrote:
    Ug. Seeing that 7/18 SFIII poster again made me throw up in my mouth a little. SUCH a great show for such a shitty poster series. So penultimately disappointing.

So...it's "second-to-lastly" disappointing?

Heh.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    agreed - try and keep all rooms the same colour matts, stay simple and they can be easily moved, go too complex you are making trouble for yourself should you redecorate anything other than neutral colours
    Well I only have one room to work with, since I'm only 16 :P
    I already have the EV East Coast framed and matted (black outer, light blue inner) and it looks good. this one will go next to it, and then I'm done with Pearl Jam posters (until they tour again)
    Might just do a frame, can't decide on a matt and dont want to go light blue
    thanks everyone though!
  • Hawk123 wrote:
    Just got my first poster framed, EV Chicago AP

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0369yh5.jpg

Effing gorgeous....I love the charcoal matte
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    spencer wrote:
    So...it's "second-to-lastly" disappointing?

Heh.

Exactly, cause it's just a poster anyways.... by no means the ultimate dissapointment!
    [sic] happens
  • I just got my brother a 2006 Albany poster framed--looks amazing, at least in my opinion! I will post photos once I get around to it! I know nobody seems to like that poster much at all, but trust me, framed it looks awesome!! I can't wait for you guys to see it. I'd post a link to what it looks like, but I'm at work and really need to get off!
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Alright, maybe I should make a poll or something, I dunno, but here goes.

I have the poster to all 14 shows I've seen, and a couple extra ones as well. Thing is, I still live at home with my dad, so I have no idea what color schemes I would have if/when I get an apartment/house.

Anyway, I want to at least start framing a couple of the more expensive ones I have. I know for sure I'd do a black frame, most likely metallic black. But I dunno about doing mattes or not. Because I like the looks of the ones with mattes, but with about 18-20 different posters the matte colors probably wouldn't match up, with each other, you know?

So poster-heads, what do you suggest? To matte or not to matte, that is the question!
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Alright, maybe I should make a poll or something, I dunno, but here goes.

I have the poster to all 14 shows I've seen, and a couple extra ones as well. Thing is, I still live at home with my dad, so I have no idea what color schemes I would have if/when I get an apartment/house.

Anyway, I want to at least start framing a couple of the more expensive ones I have. I know for sure I'd do a black frame, most likely metallic black. But I dunno about doing mattes or not. Because I like the looks of the ones with mattes, but with about 18-20 different posters the matte colors probably wouldn't match up, with each other, you know?

So poster-heads, what do you suggest? To matte or not to matte, that is the question!

Matte...........especially if they are silk screens cos wont they stick to the glass if u dont.....
    I'm givin this a bump in the hopes some folks have some new additions to share....
  • (Ok) wrote:
    I'm givin this a bump in the hopes some folks have some new additions to share....

I got 4 back from the framer's a few weeks ago. Just waiting on the GF's digital camera (don't have one of my own). If all goes as planned will have 4 new picks up on Friday.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    nov08026jm9.jpg

nov08027bw1.jpg

nov08028xg6.jpg
    w1894.png
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    nov08026jm9.jpg

nov08027bw1.jpg

nov08028xg6.jpg
    w1894.png

The Kenyon Hall looks great. Really like the mat selection.
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    nice looking easy street. love that poster!
    This post is © by gfraser
    I got my batman back yesterday...
    Took some pics but my reflection kept coming out really clear in them......

Its just ya classic black matte/frame job.............looks sweet tho... :)
    just picked up a bundle from the framers, pics on here tomorrow. Very happy with them.

Easy street, oakland and sydney all look phenomenal together in the same room against a yellow wall.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    just picked up a bundle from the framers, pics on here tomorrow. Very happy with them.

Easy street, oakland and sydney all look phenomenal together in the same room against a yellow wall.

Did that cost you a small fortune??

Always good to befriend a framer.
    Saved a fortune myself.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    not at all Pat, in fact I think they are bargains...

from hearing people pay up to $300 for a frame, i'm very happy to say i pay on average a little under £30, always double matted and quite often now triple. So at what $45 a frame I think its a great price. The chap really looks after me, although he does always look forlorn when he sees me coming, as he knows how much work i'm bringing him every time!!!

Seriously though, 30 quid and a damn fine result too....
    I got 4 back from the framer's a few weeks ago. Just waiting on the GF's digital camera (don't have one of my own). If all goes as planned will have 4 new picks up on Friday.

awesome. can't wait to see. 4 - thats a big load...
    SeaTut73 wrote:
    nov08026jm9.jpg

nov08027bw1.jpg

nov08028xg6.jpg
    w1894.png

that kenyon is sick. just sick. love it. I hope to have my own kenyon shortly...and will be looking for advise on how to frame up. I may need to piggyback this...