Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

framed poster thread

1381382383384386

Comments

  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 1,761
    You can always paint the frame if you want to change it up. The blue gives it a playful feel. Nice different choice.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Petoskey, MIPosts: 1,776
    Figured I would add this one even though it's been over eight years since I framed it.

    image
    That'

    Dallas 7/5/98, San Francisco 7/15/06, 7/16/06, San Francisco 8/28/09 (OL) Bristow 5/13/10, New York 5/21/10, East Troy 9/3/11-9/4/11 (PJ20), Missoula 9/30/12, Chicago 7/19/13 (Wrigley), Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, Baltimore 10/27/13, Dallas 11/15/13, Austin 10/12/14 (ACL), Memphis 10/14/14, St. Paul 10/19/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14, Denver 10/22/14, Fort Lauderdale 4/8/16, Miami 4/9/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Philly 4/28/16, 4/29/16, New York 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Seattle 8/10/18 (Safeco), Missoula 8/13/18
    Eddie Vedder - Berkeley 4/8/08, Austin 11/9/12, 11/11/12
    Temple of the Dog - Upper Darby 11/4/16
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Petoskey, MIPosts: 1,776

    Dallas 7/5/98, San Francisco 7/15/06, 7/16/06, San Francisco 8/28/09 (OL) Bristow 5/13/10, New York 5/21/10, East Troy 9/3/11-9/4/11 (PJ20), Missoula 9/30/12, Chicago 7/19/13 (Wrigley), Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, Baltimore 10/27/13, Dallas 11/15/13, Austin 10/12/14 (ACL), Memphis 10/14/14, St. Paul 10/19/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14, Denver 10/22/14, Fort Lauderdale 4/8/16, Miami 4/9/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Philly 4/28/16, 4/29/16, New York 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Seattle 8/10/18 (Safeco), Missoula 8/13/18
    Eddie Vedder - Berkeley 4/8/08, Austin 11/9/12, 11/11/12
    Temple of the Dog - Upper Darby 11/4/16
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 1,761
    Nice distressed frame
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,700
    JC29866 said:

    Just got these back from the frame shop
    I love the simplicity of the black frame and white mat, it really lets the print be the focus
  • dc07cfdc07cf Posts: 13
    Just picked these up from the frame shop today..


  • SM187650SM187650 CanadaPosts: 269
    Nice job on the Toronto!! I’m still ISO that one! 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,172
    dc07cf said:
    Just picked these up from the frame shop today..


    Love the Temple of the Dog poster. I saw them at MSG and got the poster that night, but the Philly poster is my favorite from that tour.  Looks great!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 44
    Do people in here have any tips about how to hang a framed poster like this, and what materials are needed? I have a bunch of PJ show posters from Chicago/Boston 2016 and 2018 that I am finally getting framed but I am NOT much of a handy man and have no idea how to hang these guys. Any tips would be appreciated! 
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,172
    mshnayder said:
    Do people in here have any tips about how to hang a framed poster like this, and what materials are needed? I have a bunch of PJ show posters from Chicago/Boston 2016 and 2018 that I am finally getting framed but I am NOT much of a handy man and have no idea how to hang these guys. Any tips would be appreciated! 
    The framer should include a wire across the back of the frame which you will use to hang the poster.  If you have drywall or sheet rock walls you can use hooks like the ones below.  There are cheaper versions but for a few bucks more they work really well.  And if you buy the variety pack you should be set for awhile.  Just use the right size hook for the weight of the frame.  That way you just need one hook centered to hang the wire on. 


    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,737
    on2legs said:
    mshnayder said:
    Do people in here have any tips about how to hang a framed poster like this, and what materials are needed? I have a bunch of PJ show posters from Chicago/Boston 2016 and 2018 that I am finally getting framed but I am NOT much of a handy man and have no idea how to hang these guys. Any tips would be appreciated! 
    The framer should include a wire across the back of the frame which you will use to hang the poster.  If you have drywall or sheet rock walls you can use hooks like the ones below.  There are cheaper versions but for a few bucks more they work really well.  And if you buy the variety pack you should be set for awhile.  Just use the right size hook for the weight of the frame.  That way you just need one hook centered to hang the wire on. 


    I only use small drywall anchors, the spin type.  They attach to the screw in hooks on each side..  I would not trust a wire and nail unless the frame is lightweight plastic with a plastic “glass”.  
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh The CottagePosts: 923
    my mantelpiece 😁
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,065
    ^^Mr Crowley??..nice..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,172
    mrussel1 said:
    on2legs said:
    mshnayder said:
    Do people in here have any tips about how to hang a framed poster like this, and what materials are needed? I have a bunch of PJ show posters from Chicago/Boston 2016 and 2018 that I am finally getting framed but I am NOT much of a handy man and have no idea how to hang these guys. Any tips would be appreciated! 
    The framer should include a wire across the back of the frame which you will use to hang the poster.  If you have drywall or sheet rock walls you can use hooks like the ones below.  There are cheaper versions but for a few bucks more they work really well.  And if you buy the variety pack you should be set for awhile.  Just use the right size hook for the weight of the frame.  That way you just need one hook centered to hang the wire on. 


    I only use small drywall anchors, the spin type.  They attach to the screw in hooks on each side..  I would not trust a wire and nail unless the frame is lightweight plastic with a plastic “glass”.  
    I hear ya. Totally get you want peace of mind.   But if you use the right weight hook you’re good.  These hooks are also designed so that the mail goes in at an angle so it makes it a secure hold.  I’ve used these with over 20 framed posters with thick solid word frames and never had an issue. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 287

  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 957

    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,136
    Has anyone found a store/company that sells a stock frame that can be used to frame the Klausen 2016 Wrigley print? Dimensions are listed as: 13.75 x 25
    Thanks for any and all advice. Have a good and healthy week everyone. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,737
    BF89905 said:
    Has anyone found a store/company that sells a stock frame that can be used to frame the Klausen 2016 Wrigley print? Dimensions are listed as: 13.75 x 25
    Thanks for any and all advice. Have a good and healthy week everyone. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving
    You mean exactly that size with no mat?  I framed mine in a 20x28 I believe.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,737
    pjpjpaul said:

    Hook it up Paul!  Looks great!
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 957
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

    Hook it up Paul!  Looks great!
    Thanks! Still have a few to frame and get up but made a lot of progress today. 
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,737
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

    Hook it up Paul!  Looks great!
    Thanks! Still have a few to frame and get up but made a lot of progress today. 
    Three days of rain will do that. 
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 957
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

    Hook it up Paul!  Looks great!
    Thanks! Still have a few to frame and get up but made a lot of progress today. 
    Three days of rain will do that. 
    We needed it though. My back yard was looking pretty dry and we recently airrated and seeded so a little rain is welcome. Also glad to have these on the walls instead of taking up floor space in tubes. 
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 23,850
    Damn Paul that looks awesome!! Nice work bud. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 957
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn Paul that looks awesome!! Nice work bud. 
    Thanks! 
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 957
    edited October 12

    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Bach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,287



  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,287




    Last one is the Grateful Dead Summer Tour '95.
  • eddiec said:



    This is a great poster, nicely framed that!
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 10,172
    A lot of really nice ones being posted lately 😃
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park 
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)
    2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: MSG | Asbury Park

  • artforbwartforbw Posts: 15
    Some great ideas for framing in here!
Sign In or Register to comment.