• Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    not sure if I posted this here yet but here's my baby
    IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    DSC02286-1.jpg

Wasn't the biggest fan of this poster until I matched it with this matting and now it's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    Just got home from the framers' and could not wait to hang my ULTIMATE holy grail!!! It took me years, but the search was worth it!

Blackie-1.jpg

awesome...... :shock:
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    P2062911.jpg

SDC10728.jpg

Fresh from the framer

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DSC02286-1.jpg

Wasn't the biggest fan of this poster until I matched it with this matting and now it's one of my favorites.
    Still not sure what that poster is supposed to be. Jesus making a circle a triangle with his hands?
    I was at that show and I still cant figure it out.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    DSC02286-1.jpg

Still not sure what that poster is supposed to be. Jesus making a circle a triangle with his hands?

Its the sign for "I secretly think Pearl Jam is the best band EVER!...in Jay-Z speak
    2b3bl1.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    I've wanted this poster for so long, frame looks great!

mj351 wrote:
    P2062911.jpg

SDC10728.jpg

Fresh from the framer
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    DSC02286-1.jpg

Its the sign for "I secretly think Pearl Jam is the best band EVER!...in Jay-Z speak
    2b3bl1.jpg
    Every time I see that poster I think of DDP.
    zzzzzd95j_DDP_L.gif
  • Options
    mj351 wrote:
    P2062911.jpg

SDC10728.jpg

Fresh from the framer

Cool poster and nice frame ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    Just got home from the framers' and could not wait to hang my ULTIMATE holy grail!!! It took me years, but the search was worth it!

Blackie-1.jpg

:shock: Nice score on that one, if it's not a secret can you tell us how much was this holy grail :?:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Just picked up this Beauty from the Shop!

photo%25283%2529.JPG

photo%25284%2529.JPG
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

photo%25283%2529.JPG

photo%25284%2529.JPG
    Awesome. Almost bought that beauty off ebay in December for a very good price. I'm kicking myself right now for not doing so.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    This one is it. Got it on eBay in December. I lucked out. Wasn't really looking to buy anything and sent offers while I was drunk. Didn't know the seller had accepted my offer till a day or two later.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    edited February 2012
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:

Blackie-1.jpg

mj351 wrote:
    P2062911.jpg

SDC10728.jpg

Fresh from the framer

photo%25283%2529.JPG

photo%25284%2529.JPG

Very nice, all of you.... love seeing the oldies getting the 5 star treatment...

I have a question of those of you posting in here on a regular basis...

How do your significant others feel about these prints?

I have 6 PJ prints (Toronto 1 2011 A/P, Hartford 2010 A/P, Toronto 09 A/P, MSG 2008 1st, ACL 2009 A/P - the LE version, and a St. John's 2005 1st) around the house... plus 1 or two others in miscellaneous places (a 2007 Emek Coachella, a Tool print by Adam Jones circa 08, and a DMB 07 Methane print).... And I take shit for them on a regular basis.... complaints like "I never thought i'd be a grown up with posters all over my walls" or "those stupid Pearl Jam posters".... and I'm about at my wits end with it. Most of the posters at this point are hung in places where people will never see them because I can't listen to her harp on it anymore. The ACL is in my walk in closet, the MSG 08 in the tiny little toilet area in our bathroom, the St. John's is out in the garage, the DMB, Tool, and Toronto 09 are hidden in blind corners in the extra bedrooms that you'd never see if you weren't explicitly shown where they are, the Hartford is behind a door in our Master bed... the only ones actually in a space you'd notice them are the Toronto 2011 and the Coachella 2007... and I still take shit for them...

Her idea of art is going to pottery barn and picking out something that "matches the room"... it makes me want to puke...

Today I unwrapped an expensive (and large) Oil on canvas piece I bought from a friend of mine. His work is great, and I even got him to use colour tones to compliment the room that it going was in.... Anyway, after I unwrapped it and was getting ready to hang it, I got in yet another screaming match over artwork... about "why everything has to be different" and "why can't we just get regular stuff from pier 1 or pottery barn".... I almost puke every time she says it....

Every time I bring home new art, she sucks all the fucking enjoyment out of it.... I actually just want to take this new art and throw it in the trash... once again she has completely ruined the whole experience....

Are these prints are art thing with you all, or just a love of PJ? I mean, I do love the fact that everything on my wall represents a memory for a show I've been too - but I've also framed the prints because I like the art.... is it the same with everyone here?

god... so frustrated right now... I'm almost ready to bail... :x
    Post edited by shep on
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    they're art. though i wouldn't hang up a beautiful limp bizkit poster (if such a thing exists), the posters i have (not many) are either shows I went to or posters i thought were too nice not to buy (berlin 2010, toronto 09)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shep wrote:

I have 6 PJ prints (Toronto 1 2011 A/P, Hartford 2010 A/P, Toronto 09 A/P, MSG 2008 1st, ACL 2009 A/P - the LE version, and a St. John's 2005 1st) around the house... plus 1 or two others in miscellaneous places (a 2007 Emek Coachella, a Tool print by Adam Jones circa 08, and a DMB 07 Methane print).... And I take shit for them on a regular basis.... complaints like "I never thought i'd be a grown up with posters all over my walls" or "those stupid Pearl Jam posters".... and I'm about at my wits end with it. Most of the posters at this point are hung in places where people will never see them because I can't listen to her harp on it anymore. The ACL is in my walk in closet, the MSG 08 in the tiny little toilet area in our bathroom, the St. John's is out in the garage, the DMB, Tool, and Toronto 09 are hidden in blind corners in the extra bedrooms that you'd never see if you weren't explicitly shown where they are, the Hartford is behind a door in our Master bed... the only ones actually in a space you'd notice them are the Toronto 2011 and the Coachella 2007... and I still take shit for them...

Her idea of art is going to pottery barn and picking out something that "matches the room"... it makes me want to puke...

Today I unwrapped an expensive (and large) Oil on canvas piece I bought from a friend of mine. His work is great, and I even got him to use colour tones to compliment the room that it going was in.... Anyway, after I unwrapped it and was getting ready to hang it, I got in yet another screaming match over artwork... about "why everything has to be different" and "why can't we just get regular stuff from pier 1 or pottery barn".... I almost puke every time she says it....

Every time I bring home new art, she sucks all the fucking enjoyment out of it.... I actually just want to take this new art and throw it in the trash... once again she has completely ruined the whole experience....

Are these prints are art thing with you all, or just a love of PJ? I mean, I do love the fact that everything on my wall represents a memory for a show I've been too - but I've also framed the prints because I like the art.... is it the same with everyone here?

wow. guess i am lucky. i have my own room that i can do anything with. that and she gets art. she hates PJ, but i showed her the cleveland 10 print and she wanted to put it on a tshirt...well, net the PJ part :lol:

good luck man
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I think they're art. But everyone has their own opinion of what is art and everyone likes different things.

I'm currently working on setting up a home theatre room in my house. I plan on framing/hanging my PJ posters in that room. It's going to be a more casual space so they'll fit right in. I don't think I'd ever hang them in the more formal rooms in my house. But that's just me. Everyone is different.

Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    I must be lucky as well. My wife & I just finished our basement not too long ago. Before that we would sometimes butt heads on the decor upstairs. After the "Mancave" was completed we came to an agreement...She could do whatever she wanted upstairs (within reason) & I get to do whatever I want in the basement (again, within reason). Haven't had a problem since.
    I have this one:
    2s9aemd.jpg

& getting ready to put up this in the office (the Stones & Pearl Jam Oakland '99):...its HUGE! (24 1/4" X 30 1/4)
    5lucf7.jpg

& the Billboard...over the Bar
    2cxhzqd.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    It's art. But the great thing about art is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My wife and I disagree about what is art. She "tolerates" my PJ art (and the rest of my PJ obsession), and I've been "allowed" to hang a few in our home office, which can be closed off from public viewing if needed. She basically gets the rest of the house, which is covered in Pottery Barn and similar crap. :lol:

I mostly collect posters from only the shows I've been too, but have a few rarities as well. I hang only those that I like, and that mean something to me; s/n EV Chicago, PJ20 Billboard, s/n PJ20 movie poster, and WPB 2003. Fortunately, these are not too "offensive" to my wife, though the PJ20 Billboard was a tough sell. Next up is my Alpine/Chicago 1998, which I expect will be a challenging conversation. I get them professionally framed, and my wife appreciates that they don't "look like concert posters hung on the wall..."
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    shep wrote:

Very nice, all of you.... love seeing the oldies getting the 5 star treatment...

I'm a Newfoundlander born and bred, and I'll be one 'til I die.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    I always think my wife moans too much about what i hang but im probably pretty lucky :lol:

she really hates the DC 06 i have hanging and you know thats probably not too unreasonable.

She also let me display them once in every room of the house.....I think if the image works and its framed right they are not just posters - they look awesome and often become great talking pieces to guests etc

The framed memorabilia is the best for drawing conversation though....
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    i got my wife involved with helping me frame them which makes her invested in my acquisitions. Its at the point where she chooses the frame and everything and I just let her run with it, even if its not the way I would frame them. Its a good way to get my stuff up on the walls and have her involved with the process. Plus, before I buy or trade for something, I always show it to her and ask her for her feedback. There are some prints i was 50/50 on, but after her feedback, I winded up acquiring
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    tonifig8 wrote:

I'm a Newfoundlander born and bred, and I'll be one 'til I die.

Um.... are you trying to tell me something?
    i got my wife involved with helping me frame them which makes her invested in my acquisitions. Its at the point where she chooses the frame and everything and I just let her run with it, even if its not the way I would frame them. Its a good way to get my stuff up on the walls and have her involved with the process. Plus, before I buy or trade for something, I always show it to her and ask her for her feedback. There are some prints i was 50/50 on, but after her feedback, I winded up acquiring

I really doubt that would have any affect on the situation... she would just refuse to go to the framer's with me, or stand there the whole time going "why are you framing this crap?"
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I always think my wife moans too much about what i hang but im probably pretty lucky :lol:

she really hates the DC 06 i have hanging and you know thats probably not too unreasonable.

She also let me display them once in every room of the house.....I think if the image works and its framed right they are not just posters - they look awesome and often become great talking pieces to guests etc

The framed memorabilia is the best for drawing conversation though....

This is the other thing - I have a DC 06 I'd love to frame, and a Dusseldorf 07, EMEK's coming out the yang, a Showbox Warbird... I don't even ask about framing them, because I know it will be met with an unequivical "No".... everything I own is tastefully done, but still no, no art depicting women, no war scenes... not to mention absolutely nothing by adam jones...

It kills me... over christmas I gave away a Hampton, Toronto 05 Audioslave print because I just couldn't take it anymore... The print was from one of the 1st shows I ever went to, the show was killer, I have the best memories of it... The poster was the first gigart I ever bought - I wound up getting introduced to the whole industry and JH through the A/P I bought from him (as a result of knowing a guy at my internship who collected PJ posters and was big into the gigart scene)... and for christmas I just gave it away... "No naked women, ever"... doesn't matter that it meant the world to me... got so sick of it sitting in a closet at my parents house that I gave it to my college roommate who has asked me for it a million times.... now I get to see it once a year when I visit him.... at least it's no longer being hide from the world I guess...

crushed....

I just don't get it...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,944
    If its just this one thing thats a problem in your relationship then I guess a bit of give and take is called for. You may not understand her reasons for hating them so much, and of course I could only guess at what the root cause is, but if you get on in all other aspects of your life together its a very small price to pay. No relationships are perfect after all...

Otherwise, it sounds to me like you really need to grow a pair!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

i agree...you need to pick a room and say fuck it bitch...this is my room...stay out. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    81 wrote:

i agree...you need to pick a room and say fuck it bitch...this is my room...stay out. :lol:

For now, I have that going in the extra bedroom in our apartment. Once we get a house, my man cave will be full of PJ posters and sports memorabilia. It must be weird when someone stays in our extra bedroom to be surrounded by EV and PJ posters.
  • Options
    My lady is fine with it except when she gets an ear full from the royal mail guy that has to deliver the tubes. She's an artist herself and helped me with my frames a couple of weeks ago, plus she likes pearl jam.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • Options
    My wife is cool about me hanging my PJ posters up. Every poster I own is on a wall somewhere in the house and most of them are in the living room for everybody to see. She'll stand in line with me at shows to get them, go to the framing store with me to pick stuff out and all that good stuff. I'm know she doesn't love them nearly as much as I do, but she's never really complained about them or said no. So I have no complaints at all on my end.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,510
    edited February 2012
    81 wrote:

:roll: :roll: yeah, sure, 81

81's woman: "How many times have I told you to put the toilet seat down!?!?"

81 (meekly): "sorry, dear. It won't happen again"

Shep - my wife is totally on board with my PJ posters (of course, she has her DMB posters :lol: ). I hope you guys can come to terms with your differences. I can see how it could be a "deal breaker" but I hope it's not.
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14