Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Fender Amps?

124»

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 18,406
    Picked up a  Fender '57 Champ Reissue 5 watt amp.  I'm loving it thus far.  Perfect for just playing quietly at home (especially in an apartment).  It breaks at a volume level that won't hurt your ears but I've also used a Tube Screamer and sounds good.  The tone is great. 
    i looked at those. great sounding amps. i ended up with blues jr just because i wanted something a little louder than the champ. if i were in an apartment i would have gone with the champ. still may pick one up at some point.
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

"i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

If you have never failed, you have never lived.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 13,405
    Picked up a  Fender '57 Champ Reissue 5 watt amp.  I'm loving it thus far.  Perfect for just playing quietly at home (especially in an apartment).  It breaks at a volume level that won't hurt your ears but I've also used a Tube Screamer and sounds good.  The tone is great. 
    i looked at those. great sounding amps. i ended up with blues jr just because i wanted something a little louder than the champ. if i were in an apartment i would have gone with the champ. still may pick one up at some point.
    I pretty much had the same analysis you had. Blues Jr. would have been too loud for what I wanted for the apartment.

looked into buying a house so I could have a proper guitar setup but damn inventory is so low right now and it is a seller’s market. Went with the Champ to tied me over until I pull the trigger on a house.  Then it will be time to grab the ear plugs.
    I pretty much had the same analysis you had. Blues Jr. would have been too loud for what I wanted for the apartment.

looked into buying a house so I could have a proper guitar setup but damn inventory is so low right now and it is a seller’s market. Went with the Champ to tied me over until I pull the trigger on a house.  Then it will be time to grab the ear plugs.
    you can do what i am doing. rent a house. problem solved, lol.
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

You have the answers.  

You have the answers.  
    haha keep that quiet!

Bought a Fender Bassman yesterday.  For an apartment.  I am jackass.  Laughable to look at it sitting next to the tiny Fender Champ.  More incentive to buy the house so I can use the Bassman.  Sounds awesome though even with the guitar volume turned way down.
    Bought a Fender Bassman yesterday.  For an apartment.  I am jackass.  Laughable to look at it sitting next to the tiny Fender Champ.  More incentive to buy the house so I can use the Bassman.  Sounds awesome though even with the guitar volume turned way down.
    those are great amps. same circuit that the plexi is based on. there is a reason marshall stole that circuit back in the 60s. 

thought about getting the zvex 59 sound pedal. it is supposed to be a 59 bassman in a box. it is supposed to be a pretty close approximation of that tone. would love to hear it through my blues jr. 

hopefully you get to crank it up!

those are great amps. same circuit that the plexi is based on. there is a reason marshall stole that circuit back in the 60s. 

thought about getting the zvex 59 sound pedal. it is supposed to be a 59 bassman in a box. it is supposed to be a pretty close approximation of that tone. would love to hear it through my blues jr. 

Your plan sounds more practical.  I might get ten minutes a week to turn it up.  

Your plan sounds more practical.  I might get ten minutes a week to turn it up.  
    oh man, 10 minutes is not enough! 

i have watched some videos on that pedal but no stores around here have it. would hate to buy it, hate it, and then try to sell it to someone else, lol.