$750 CDN to spend

13»

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    What are the thoughts on the Peavey Valveking, as I can get a 212 for less than a Traynor or Fender 112.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • If your still looking at the YCV40WR's on ebay there is a few good deals...there was one for a buy it now of 500, and that went instantly...there's another one for 499$ and one starting at 420$...all great prices these days since they got more expensive to buy new
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Thanks for the tip... I still am undecided right now. I tried the Fender Blues Deville and hated it... I think I want to get a 212 just because I am used to that projection. I wish they made a YCV50 head.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Thanks for the tip... I still am undecided right now. I tried the Fender Blues Deville and hated it... I think I want to get a 212 just because I am used to that projection. I wish they made a YCV50 head.

I played an Orange Rocker 30 and it was sick, along with this little Soldano combo......

The Rocker 30 was $1,495 :eek:

I know that's way more than you wanna spend but you should giv'er a try :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    I played an Orange Rocker 30 and it was sick, along with this little Soldano combo......

The Rocker 30 was $1,495 :eek:

I know that's way more than you wanna spend but you should giv'er a try :)

I don't wanna giv'er a try if I can't afford it! What are you're thoughts on the Valve King?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I don't wanna giv'er a try if I can't afford it! What are you're thoughts on the Valve King?

as in the 3x10 Fender Valve King?

Very, very nice. I like them a lot. I believe they have verb and tremolo if you want it, I know it has a beautiful clean tone and it's a great platform for pedals. It's got lovely bass response.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    as in the 3x10 Fender Valve King?

Very, very nice. I like them a lot. I believe they have verb and tremolo if you want it, I know it has a beautiful clean tone and it's a great platform for pedals. It's got lovely bass response.

I was refering to the Peavey Valve King. I love the Fender cleans but I want a good dirty channel as well.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I was refering to the Peavey Valve King. I love the Fender cleans but I want a good dirty channel as well.

I was thinking of the vibro king anyhow. sorry. My favorite peavys continue to be the Classic 50 and the Delta Blues 2x10. I haven't had a shot at the valve king yet. Maybe I'll go look at lunch.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=8110000010

The valve king is worth checking out definately. I have no doubt it would likely serve you well if you went with that, 350 is not bad for that amp.

http://www.rivera.com/pclub45-112.php here is another option, should be a little higher quality, and slightly more expensive but still in your range.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    I might check out the Rivera, as Steve's had them last time I was there, I just didn't have the time to play them.
    UPDATE:
    Ok, I was able to try the YCV40, YCV15BLUE, and YCV40WR

I didn't like the straight up 40.

YCV40WR: Brilliant cleans and excellent overdrive. The distortion got me to about the point that I needed it.

YCV15BLUE: Great distortion, better than the 40WR. The cleans were good, but not totally clean, I don't know how to describe it. I want to try the 50 watt version to get a better idea.
  • UPDATE:
    Ok, I was able to try the YCV40, YCV15BLUE, and YCV40WR

I didn't like the straight up 40.

YCV40WR: Brilliant cleans and excellent overdrive. The distortion got me to about the point that I needed it.

YCV15BLUE: Great distortion, better than the 40WR. The cleans were good, but not totally clean, I don't know how to describe it. I want to try the 50 watt version to get a better idea.

Wow they came out with the 15 watt version of the Blue? interesting...

was your dad with you? did the amps shock him? :D

yup the 40WR is amazing :)

did you play it at a high volume? at a nice volume (2 or higher) the boost feature works great
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Wow they came out with the 15 watt version of the Blue? interesting...

was your dad with you? did the amps shock him? :D

yup the 40WR is amazing :)

did you play it at a high volume? at a nice volume (2 or higher) the boost feature works great

My dad was shocked. The WR distortion w/ the boost was a good creamy distortion, I loved it. I want to try the 50BLUE before I make my decision. I also played a used Fender Twin... great amp, but the cleans on the 40WR were better!
  • My dad was shocked. The WR distortion w/ the boost was a good creamy distortion, I loved it. I want to try the 50BLUE before I make my decision. I also played a used Fender Twin... great amp, but the cleans on the 40WR were better!

LONG LIVE TRAYNOR!! :D

The clean channel on the Blues Deluxe Resissue (fender) is basically the same as the YCV40WR...maybe even a little bit better...but the overdrive is not what I think you are looking for but it was a nice vintage fender sound
    LONG LIVE TRAYNOR!! :D

The clean channel on the Blues Deluxe Resissue (fender) is basically the same as the YCV40WR...maybe even a little bit better...but the overdrive is not what I think you are looking for but it was a nice vintage fender sound

So far the front-runner is the WR, but I need to try the 50BLUE to make my decision.