***Official M&G Solo Contest Sign-Up***

harrisonmerwinharrisonmerwin Posts: 766
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, I had an idea tonight for a friendly forum contest that suits our forum specifically. The contest will be a solo compitition over a sample track made by me. Then we will vote (how will be determined once we know how many people are interested) and see who currently reigns over the rest of us in the guitar world. heres the details:

a) 3 minute sample track, made by myself, and will be hopefully suited for everyone, we can determine tempo, and what key once everyone signs up

b) all users welcome to perform, or judge

c) the recording quality will not be judged, however, computer based effects are considered to be part of your skill.

d) a list of what gear you played will need to be included, mainly so the Guru's can pick apart your tone.

e) once sample track is sent to participants (via email) they will have a deadline to meet (we will determine the length needed) and they must be in mp3 format.

How is this sounding guys? once a bit of input has been put into this, i wil make the track, host it so you guys can take it, and then i will host the tracks, and voting will commense. Please Sign up Here, and also blast a PM my way with your email address so i can send you the sample track when ready. I'm hoping to get 10 people. (by the way, im participating as well)

tell me what you think

Harrison

Signed up to Date:

- Harrisonmerwin
- Thumbing My Way
- J.D.
- monster78
- Dirty_Frank
- keeponrockin
- pahoehoe13
- Guitarhero27
- gobrowns19
- beav

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Like I said last night....I'm in!!

I've never recorded anything before on my computer so you'll need to run me through it, but I'm pumped :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Heh, I doubt I'm good enough to solo.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • cmon wheres the rest of ya? enharmonic? drity frank? all you, you better join, i really dont want to take it this easy.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    I'm in, for whatever that's worth.

I suggest constructive criticism only as a guideline for a healthy contest.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I can't solo worth a damn, but I'll give it a shot.
  • moster78 wrote:
    I can't solo worth a damn, but I'll give it a shot.

allright, yoru gonna either have to PM me, or email me (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:lilwindmil_15@hotmail.com">lilwindmil_15@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->) with your email address, then your good to go!

• J.D. wrote:
    I'm in, for whatever that's worth.

I suggest constructive criticism only as a guideline for a healthy contest.

welcome to the board hombre, i recieved your email. This forum is by far the best on here, were extremely helpful, and sometimes go out of our way to satisfy the needs of others, just read the thank yoru thread i started, and you can see the atmosphere here. We realize no one is *cough*mike mccready*cough* so this is more just fun, and seeing what we all can do sound like. thanks for signin up

Harrison

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Add me Harrison.

My email is long1_matt AT hotmail.com

:)
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    welcome to the board hombre, i recieved your email. This forum is by far the best on here, were extremely helpful, and sometimes go out of our way to satisfy the needs of others, just read the thank yoru thread i started, and you can see the atmosphere here. We realize no one is *cough*mike mccready*cough* so this is more just fun, and seeing what we all can do sound like. thanks for signin up

Harrison

Cool. And thanks for the welcome.

Justin.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm in. What about just RIFTW as a backing track? Easy enough, alot you can do with it, etc... Oh and I think Canada's gonna take this.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pahoehoe13pahoehoe13 Posts: 16
    pahoehoe132@yahoo.com

send the backing track my way... i'll record something over it if i get a chance
  • thanks guys, keep signing up! the more the better!!!!!we have 7 or 8 now! enharmonic hasnt givin me the word, im sure he will, and what abour driftingbythestorm? is he still alive or what?

HM

• Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    oh I'm in!

Again - maybe we can get some sort of sponsorship for this thing for all entrants/grand prize...would be really cool!

-Seth
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • oh I'm in!

Again - maybe we can get some sort of sponsorship for this thing for all entrants/grand prize...would be really cool!

-Seth

i just need your email man, thanks for the entry!

• hey, i was thinking of the GRAND PRIZE! and i have come to a conclusion. Your signature on these forums will forever read the following:

"Musicians & Gearheads Forum - Best Solo Contest Winner # 01"

you guys want the tag, you gotta play for it biotches!

• Yeah, I really had to earn it.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Yeah, I really had to earn it.

fuckin republicans...

• fuckin republicans...
    Just cause I'm corrupt doesn't make me a republican...

It's the other way around
  • Just cause I'm corrupt doesn't make me a republican...

It's the other way around

is this a sexual position? the corrupt backwards republican? i think i saw it on late night fox.

• is this a sexual position? the corrupt backwards republican? i think i saw it on late night fox.
    you must blindfold the person and lie to them the whoel time while you fuck them, from BEHIND
  • you must blindfold the person and lie to them the whoel time while you fuck them, from BEHIND

do monkeys do this as well?....or...just republicans, i mix up thier leaders sometimes, and they are pretty much all into the same sexual maneuvers.

• do monkeys do this as well?....or...just republicans
    It all depends on where you stand on the highly controversial issue of evolution. In other words, it all depends on if you think Bush is a monkey.
  • It all depends on where you stand on the highly controversial issue of evolution. In other words, it all depends on if you think Bush is a monkey.

i heard bush is actually african american and a fan of the clippers. no wonder they are doing so well...

• i heard bush is actually african american and a fan of the clippers. no wonder they are doing so well...
    I won't dignify you by leaving a response. I will be the greater man and just walk away. I'm walking away now
  • I won't dignify you by leaving a response. I will be the greater man and just walk away. I'm walking away now

knock, knock...

• knock, knock...
    no ones home
  • no ones home

fuckin republicans....

• fuckin republicans....
    they wont let you do that to them, remember, they are against gay marriage
  • they wont let you do that to them, remember, they are against gay marriage

im going to bed

• gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I'd like to, I think it would be fun just to see how far I am, how far I have to go, and how good you all are. I don't know how to do all that computer stuff though, so someone will have to show me how. There is just one question I want to know before I submit my email address. What will the back track be like? Slow and bluesy? Fast and grungy? It all depends on the feel of the song. I dont know, maybe if I heard the progression I could decide if I want to go through with this? Would that be cool Harrison if I PM'ed you my email address, then listened to the progression before deciding on joining?
    Happiness is only real when shared